+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorisation to Travel with COPR granted after 18 March 2020

SunnyT16

Jan 15, 2021
I have received my COPR on 12 January 2021 and have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Is it possible to apply for an exemption from the travel restrictions? Has anyone managed to get an authorisation from IRCC to travel to Canada with a COPR issued after 18 March 2020? Thank you.

Reactions: MVK2019

Amr87

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
I received my COPR recently too, and I'm looking for the same info.

Reactions: MVK2019

MVK2019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I have received my COPR on 12 January 2021 and have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Is it possible to apply for an exemption from the travel restrictions? Has anyone managed to get an authorisation from IRCC to travel to Canada with a COPR issued after 18 March 2020? Thank you.
Please share your experience. Did you get any AL?. I am also on the same scenario.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
There is only one way guys if you have someone living in Canada permanently like your Brother, sister or parents then you can apply for travel exemption I have landed as Pr Copr was granted in November 2020

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018
There is only one way guys if you have someone living in Canada permanently like your Brother, sister or parents then you can apply for travel exemption I have landed as Pr Copr was granted in November 2020
i have 6 faimily members, is i need only one AL or for all members.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have 6 faimily members, is i need only one AL or for all members.
All family members need a travel exemption. And if for example, it is your sister who lives in Canada only you can get travel authorization. Your children are not considered extended family and cannot travel.

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018
All family members need a travel exemption. And if for example, it is your sister who lives in Canada only you can get travel authorization. Your children are not considered extended family and cannot travel.
thanks for your reply. my brohter lives there, can you give me any web reference.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for your reply. my brohter lives there, can you give me any web reference.
Web reference for what? Who can travel. You are extended family (sibling) but the rest of your family is not. Not mention of sibling and his/her family.

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018
Web reference for what? Who can travel. You are extended family (sibling) but the rest of your family is not. Not mention of sibling and his/her family.

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended
thanks for your reply, my bisic question was that, where is mentioned that only i am eligible from rest of my wife and children, if i am only, then how wife and children will go, because they also have COPR.

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I thought there is an exemption for COPR holders after March 18, IF you're travelling from the US?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for your reply, my bisic question was that, where is mentioned that only i am eligible from rest of my wife and children, if i am only, then how wife and children will go, because they also have COPR.
Written clearly in point 4 - a sibling. It doens’t say sister in law or nieces/nephews. You get travel authorization. Go to Canada, land, and then they travel later.