Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Yes me too YUG, anyone in this forum can explain us how Visa Office works to take a decision maximum how long we have to wait???????

brisal13

Nov 1, 2011
yaz said:
Yes me too YUG, anyone in this forum can explain us how Visa Office works to take a decision maximum how long we have to wait???????
We have filed the ARC with the Canadian Consulate General in New York in October 2010 and we are still waiting :( and it's been 13 months now.

dramacrazy

Nov 9, 2011
confusednscared said:
I think everyone puts a huge emphasis and stress on ARC.

It truly isn't that difficult to go through and be approved. First things first, if you are married and your marriage is real and you can convince your IO at the interview that you didn't get married to come back to Canada only, you shouldn't have any problems.

I have been through ARC. Been deported from Canada after a failed Refugee, H&C, PRRA. I got married before I left Canada due to personal circumstances which I wouldn't discuss here. However, my rship with my spouse was started long before I was issued PRRA so the IO was convinced, in addition to the lump sum of evidence I submitted at my interview, that my rship is real.

The rest of it is just patience and lots of waiting as long you didn't commit to any crimes in Canada you should be good to go.

One thing you never do is push your ARC application. Wait on the VO to ask for the payment and your written submission. Pretty much stick to the point in your written submission.

Mine took less than 2 months to process through my VO and in no time I got my PP with visa stamped and COPR issued. I am now a PR in Canada with my PR card in my hands.

Trust me, be consistent, patient, true about your marriage and never lie.

On the contrary, if you got married to come to Canada (marriage of convenience) then you might as well save yourself that extra $400 for your ARC application and invest it in establishing your life wherever you are living.
hi confusednscared,

My husband was deported for Canada due to failed refugee claim. I sponsored him and we also paid the 400$ arc fees. My husband’s interview was approved. They asked for RCMP clearance, which was done and sent to the Singapore visa office on last Friday. Medical is done as well. Now, I need to know, How do I know that ARC was approved or not? They even asked me to pay his landing fees , and I already paid. Please help me. Thank you

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
HI I think we are in the same situation i dont have idea how we can know if they approve ARC I dont know if the visa office take this decision, my husband already paid landing fees but we are waiting for this ARC because my refugee claim was denied , I complied with everything and I left Canada on time I dont know what is gonna happend if i will have interview I dont know HELPPP!!!!

despresGG

Dec 27, 2011
Im being just reading the arc process and it sounds really bad from some people the only person that had actually gives me hope is runandscared thanks so much for the words
My case is really difficult because I stayed illegal for five years then Immigration cut me and send to me back they pay the expenses because unfortunate and now Im in Colombia and my fioncee and I are planing to get married soon for him to start the sponsorship process.
Well now I would like to know if would be a good idea to get a lawyer for the ARC
My marriage is a loving and true relationship he had come here in a year three times and he supported me also I have lots of pictires together and when I was illegal I lived with him for 5 months.
Runandscared Im going to do as you said and not worried so much untill the ARC comes I know every case is different so will see

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
As far as I know, confusednscared is absolutely right. I was told by the visa office that IF they need the ARC, they will be the ones to ask for the fee and the written statement, then they'll deal with it themselves.

I too was denied a refugee claim back in 2008, but I'm under Parent Sponsorship as a dependent and some advisors told us that my mom and I may not even need the ARC since it's been more than 2 years. And we were asked to leave Canada we did so and payed for our own tickets and everything, no harm done.

My brother did apply for our sponsorship a month before our refugee decision was made. But they only asked for additional documents NOW, November 25th 2011, more than 2 years have passed (veeeery long years, I may add :()

Btw, I have a friend that went the exact same process than confusednscared. She was a refugee claimant when she married her husband in Canada (her denial letter/interview was actually one day before her wedding! poor her), she asked them to extend the date for her to leave the country because she had her wedding and honeymoon planned in Niagara Falls. They accepted, after that she left Canada and her spouse applied for her sponsorship. The file was transferred to Brazil IN A WEEK and after less than 3 months they asked the fee for the ARC and the statement, she paid and sent the statement and 3 more months later they issued her visa. So, I don't think you have to worry, as long as you haven't committed a crime or something :)

despresGG

Dec 27, 2011
well every case is different and Im sure is always a possibility for everyone is some concerns I have because of me being illegal for that long and they paying y ticket well Ill be more than willing to pay them back thou all I want is to be with my man trully If I wasnt with him I would not care to go back Ill stay here but I love him so much we have so many plans together
PS Sorry confusedandscared I got your name bad but thanks anyways because trully you seem really focused and as you said as long as your relationship proves to be real

Marco2011

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
yug said:
thx for the advises.......
NOW my lawyer said i need ARC only if i m applying for student, visitor ....
as my wife applying for me and its a spouse application i don't need ARC.....
is dat true or wat?
Dont listen to PMM! He dont get ARC in combination of a spousal sponsor ship, and your laywer is right!!!! Not PMM.

The ARC is dealt with within the process of your application.
You get a imigration officer, who works on your visa office, and he wil deal with your arc within your aplication, And he is the one who is going to give you instructions if needed!

Step 1 first go for spouse application!
CIC, or your visa office wil tell you the rest if so far for ARC, dont get a ARC while you spouse sponsor application is running!!!
Dont worrie for the fees yet, they will ask for it on the right moment.

Many luck

Reactions: Faisalmado

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
I am in the same boat like you guys, I was as refugee claim in Canada, and my husband is sponsoring me , my VO requested an ARC already last October 3 and until moment I have not received any new from them yet, I am really worried I dont know what is gonna happened sometimes I dont sleep only I am thinking about it I dont see my future without my husband when I was in Canada I complied with everything I bought my own flight ticket I was in all my appointments with immigration but I dont want they take a decision based in my refugee case because they asked me for all documents , please advices guys!!

Ps3

Mar 5, 2012
jiyamano said:
Can you please give more details. Why you were deported and where are you from? More details can provide you with good advice.

Hey sorry to jump in your feed but need help please! i got a Departure Order that turned into a Deportation order cause i was refused on refugee and Humanitarian application and Canada paid for my ticket. However, i was working at the time when issued the removal order and when i applied for Humanitarian i did not send in all my evidence at the time such as, My T4 from my current job at the time i work for a credited Telephone Company" for more than a year, plus i volunteered for about a year, attend College for a year in Canada. Finish College before i came to Canada though. However, i have no criminal record and i comply with Immigration never missed an interview and left on the day i was told to leave. but they paid for my ticket got bad advice to let them pay :(. However, before issued the Removal order i was currently working with the company still and i was issued another working Visa which is still valid for an entire year and i got a Job letter offer to come back and work and a letter from the Boss asking for me to return and work as well. I also have in possession my mothers mental records and the group home i grew up in as a child showing proof i am a child of the state from my Country of Origin in the Caribbean and my country don't need a visa to travel to Canada. what are the chances of getting to ARC to go back and work?

Weyburn

Mar 29, 2012
yaz said:
I am in the same boat like you guys, I was as refugee claim in Canada, and my husband is sponsoring me , my VO requested an ARC already last October 3 and until moment I have not received any new from them yet, I am really worried I dont know what is gonna happened sometimes I dont sleep only I am thinking about it I dont see my future without my husband when I was in Canada I complied with everything I bought my own flight ticket I was in all my appointments with immigration but I dont want they take a decision based in my refugee case because they asked me for all documents , please advices guys!!
Did u here any thing about your ARC application?

I had a similar situation like u.

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
My ARC took about two months to be processed.

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
hi confusednscared
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU ABOUT MY HUSBAND SPONSORSHIP. I TRIED TO PM YOU BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO.

CAN U PLS TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE CONTACT WITH YOU.

Faisalmado

Dec 22, 2017
Hi Friends
My lawyer receive a email from CIC just requesting for ARC fees no additional documents. My application is spouse sponsorship application I have done my second medical police background pay my RPRF and my recent relationship between me and my wife proof of my wife and my SON visiting me at my home country pictures of OVER family and friends pictures on OVER wedding at the last request from cic was to pay ARC FEE friends what r my chances to get PR please is any one can help me .with any information thanks

Faisalmado

Dec 22, 2017
Hi
Dont listen to PMM! He dont get ARC in combination of a spousal sponsor ship, and your laywer is right!!!! Not PMM.

The ARC is dealt with within the process of your application.
You get a imigration officer, who works on your visa office, and he wil deal with your arc within your aplication, And he is the one who is going to give you instructions if needed!

Step 1 first go for spouse application!
CIC, or your visa office wil tell you the rest if so far for ARC, dont get a ARC while you spouse sponsor application is running!!!
Dont worrie for the fees yet, they will ask for it on the right moment.

Many luck
My lawyer receive a email from CIC just requesting for ARC fees no additional documents My wife pay the fees in Canada Feb 23 2018 i also have done my medical for the second time police certified pay RPRF proof of my wife and kids visiting me my family and friends pictures her family and friends pictures proof of OVER relationship between me and my wife and kids the last request from cic was requesting for ARC fees NO ADDITIONAL documents can u please help me with any information similar to my case .NOTE I have done everything what cbas told me to and I did inform tham my departure i also got my own ticket.