+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUTHORISATION LETTER (ARC)

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
i jst came back from canada in march 2010 underdeparture became deportation orders.....i need 2 get ARC before appying for canada...Can u pls help me if anybody knows where should i can apply for this and how long it takes? also immigration people arrange m ticket i also need to pay that as well...

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Can you please give more details. Why you were deported and where are you from? More details can provide you with good advice.

Cheers,

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m from india..
i did refugee claim in 2006 it got denied, pro and humanity application also got denied, then they told me i have 2 leave canada( under departures came deportation)..... but the officer told me whenever i need to come back i should have ARC letter + i have 2 pay air ticket....
now as i got married, m spouse is from canada..... here we r confused wht 2 do first, i mean ARC ,AIR TICKET OR SPOUSE APPLICATION....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMO you are going to have a really difficult time with the spousal application, you need a very large amount of proof.
Given your history, immigration are likely to believe that you got married because you want to come to Canada.

The ARC process can take about a year (or more).

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Baloo said:
IMO you are going to have a really difficult time with the spousal application, you need a very large amount of proof.
Given your history, immigration are likely to believe that you got married because you want to come to Canada.
I definitely agree. Based on my outsider first look opinion, it would seem you have made large efforts to get to stay in Canada. Seeing that just me as a stranger would think that, I don't think it would be far fetched to think an immigration officer would think in a similar way. Did you marry before issued the FIRST departure or deportation order? If not, I would say it is more than likely you will be given an interview with a fair bit of scrutiny. Be prepared with documented proof of your relationship and to proof you ONLY married based on love and no other reason.

Be prepared for the ARC to take a while as Baloo said. Also, be prepared that there is always the chance of denial and you may have to wait out the full 2 years before coming to Canada again.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ONLY married based on love and no other reason.
Love_Young, like you, given the small amount of information, this does not look like a marriage for love, it looks like a marriage of convenience.

I suspect that the ARC would not be granted in the first place.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Baloo, I agree with you as well. That is why it is important that when people need help on here that they share as much detail (without delving too deep into their personal life) so that we can better help them based on their circumstances. But based on the little bit of info that has been given, I would be hesitant to help too much as I would not want to help a person who may be in a MOC, find their way into Canada. And if from an outsider look it appears that way to us then I can only assume unless they give hard evidence to prove otherwise that an IO may think the same thing.

But of course our opinion is not the one that is going to matter in the end. And to the OP, I am not stating that you are in a MOC but you need to understand that some people have come here wanting to skip through loop holes to get to Canada when the other ways didn't work on their own. Because of this, I get hesitant to help, unless I am given more detail about your case and feel safe about it then I help more willingly. If it is a genuine marriage then I wish you luck in being back together with your wife. Seems you may have a tough road to travel.

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u guys makin me scared.....
actually i got a love marriage, we used 2 talk always when i was in canada... but before we got married in canada, i have to leave.
but m girlfriend came for me in nov to india to get marry.......
we got married in dec n she went back in feb......
we got some proofs as well, but don't know if immigration people gonna believe....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yug said:
u guys makin me scared.....
actually i got a love marriage, we used 2 talk always when i was in canada... but before we got married in canada, i have to leave.
but m girlfriend came for me in nov to india to get marry.......
we got married in dec n she went back in feb......
we got some proofs as well, but don't know if immigration people gonna believe....
We are not trying to scare you, we are warning you that things do not look that good. Remember it is your job to prove the relationship is genuine.
Getting deported from Canada is a serious matter, how you got into that situation is not really our concern.
The point we are trying to make is, because of your history, you WILL have to do a very good job if you are to convince an IO.
Immigration is not easy at the best of times.

There is nothing stopping you from trying, it is likely to take a long time. You may need to consider that living in Canada might not be the best choice for you as a couple.

What would you do if you were refused entry to Canada?

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i can appeal whtelse yaar?
wht u think i have to do?

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
yug said:
i can appeal whtelse yaar?
wht u think i have to do?
Well yug. no one is telling you not to appeal. You can appeal if you want and are confident about your proofs and then go ahead. Depending on your Country of citizen ARC shall take approx. 1 year or more.

Good Luck

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi Yug

Sorry for replying late, I think you are talking about Clause 52(c) as far as I remember.

ARC (Authorization to return to Canada).
---------------------------------------

First your spouse has to apply for your Immigration. At the time of processing or during processing, you may ask the Immigration Officer at High Commission or Consulate for ARC Application. They will give you a form. Fill up the form and submit with a fee of $400.00 (during my time in 2007). The estimated time for approval is 3-6 months but sometimes it is done fast. If yous spouse who is a Canadian shows some urgency with Immigration Officer, processing may be done faster. But he has to take initiative.

You may pay the Air Ticket money to Immigration Canada in the form of a Bank Draft. Confirm this from Immigration Agent at the Consulate. .

There is nothing complicated. They will guide at every step.

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi Guys, just clarifying certain rules abt ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada)

ARC doesn't have to do anything with your Marriage. Under ARC, they try to find out if you had not any criminal offence or fraud during your stay in Canada. ARC is applicable only for those people who are coming back to Canada within 2 years of their deportation.

ARC application goes to Ottawa and is signed by an Immigration Officer (in certain cases by the Minister of Immigration).

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thx for the advises.......
NOW my lawyer said i need ARC only if i m applying for student, visitor ....
as my wife applying for me and its a spouse application i don't need ARC.....
is dat true or wat?

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALSO as its not even 2 yrs for me....
i came back in march 2010