+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUTHORISATION LETTER (ARC)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yug said:
thx for the advises.......
NOW my lawyer said i need ARC only if i m applying for student, visitor ....
as my wife applying for me and its a spouse application i don't need ARC.....
is dat true or wat?
Not much of a lawyer, you said you were deported, therefor you need an ARC to return to Canada at any time.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
You need an ARC...period.

Does not matter what kind of visa you are applying for, unless you get that ARC, every application will be denied.

ARC takes approx. 1 year.

Your file will be red flagged. I suggest, whilst waiting for the ARC, you and your wife gather every single scrap of evidence to prove that this is NOT a marriage of convenience.

There is going to be no easy route for you into Canada, I am afraid. Whatever the outcome, this is going to be a long, hard road for you both, so be prepared and stay strong. If your wife is a citizen of Canada, then consider her moving to your Country for the duration of the whole application. This will give you a strong evidence base.

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was send under departures became deportation order...... also officer told me to get ARC b4 entering back to canada.........
now my lawyer saying ARC is not needed in spouse visa..........
i have no idea abt wht to do now........
pls help

Material

Feb 16, 2011
yug said:
i was send under departures became deportation order...... also officer told me to get ARC b4 entering back to canada.........
pls help
You will need ARC...your lawyer is WRONG !!! and I suggest you get another one if you want to go through with the process using a rep. >>>gather proof as others said , build a strong case , start working on your ARC right away and read the manuals to make sure you know all the details to the process the more you read it the more you understand it.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yug said:
pls help
Get your lawyer to pay for the flight for your next visit without ARC - it better be a return, because you won't be allowed in.

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thx for the advise guys.......
as my wife already applied last week ( spouse application)
can u guys help me and let me know abt where can i apply for ARC and HOW?
CAN I DO IT BY THE TIME MY APPLICATION IN PROCESS???????

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
why don't you just wait for instructions from your VO about when and how to apply for ARC. You are getting too worked up by the process that hasn't even begun.

Chill out and let it sail with the flow.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared said:
why don't you just wait for instructions from your VO about when and how to apply for ARC. You are getting too worked up by the process that hasn't even begun.

Chill out and let it sail with the flow.
Wise words.

brisal13

Nov 1, 2011
Hi everyone!!
My boyfriend, a US Citizen and was deported in January 2008 for being inadmissible due to criminality. He was coming to visit me (A Canadian Citizen) for 8 days. We cooperated fully with Immigration but due to the inadmissibility issue the Board advised that he could stay for his visit, but that he would be deported at his departure. He did leave with the Deportation Order together with Certificate of Departure.

We filed an Application for Rehabilitation which was granted in April 2010. We thereafter filed an Authorization to Return to Canada in October 2010 requesting he be allowed to visit and overcome the Deportation Order. We provided the Canadian Consulate General in NY with the Application Form, fee ($400.00), FBI certificate, NY State records, photographs, copy of immigration papers provided to us at the admissibility hearing, letter of approval for rehabilitation, proof of solvency, proof of employment, proof of family ties (he only wants to visit and not immigrate). We both have dependants, so it is not feasible for either one of us to move at this time. We also provided documents such as emails exchanged, copy of telephone records, text messages, information about our depdents, in an attempt to prove that our relationship is ongoing and genuine.

Another year has passed and I am wondering how much longer it will take to receive a reply. I have been doing all the travelling for almost 4 years now as he is unable to come to Canada; cutting vacations and holidays short with my family so I can spend some time with him and his children. As Christmas is fast approaching I was hoping that he would be allowed to come here and spend Christmas with my family this year. What are our chances of that hapenning?

Thank you in advance for your replies, comments and/or advice.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
In order to be issued ARC you need to be applying for a TRV, WP, PR visa - some type of application -depending on the country and what would be needed to return to Canada. It is much more likely that ARC will be issued in those cases where PR may result than for those where the individual is only seeking to visit. With a WP the benefit to Canada would need to be considered. The VO will be watching for the need of ARC to overcome a removal order and let you know it will be required. The VO will likely contact CBSA to request any concern about the return of the individual and any removal costs that may need to be repaid. Depending on the CBSA office contacted there could be a quick or slow response to the request for input. This is all very routine and if there is no serious concern about return CBSA will likely not object. Even in cases where there may be an objection the VO may still decide issuance of ARC is appropriate.

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
yug said:
pls help
My husband has a exclusion order that doesn't end until March of 2012. We were told by a man who works in Toronto for refugees (my husband is not a refugee though - he was just helping him out) that we simply need to fill out all applications; send the sponsorship application... get approved... then it goes to the VO in Berlin and while there, they would consider the ARC and assign an officer to deal with it and request the appropriate fees... since we are married, we do not apply separately. Also, even on the website it states...

If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating),you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp#a4

So the OP's lawyer is right. Also, the man my husband and I spoke with is legit and has worked with immigrants for many years and with similar cases. It's up to the VO to determine whether they feel the marriage is real or not. If they conclude that it is genuine, an ARC will be considered (or not) at that time.

brisal13

Nov 1, 2011
@ NBaker,

Thank you for your comments. The person applying for Authorization to Return is a US Citizen and as such he does not require a Visa to visit. He has no need for a work permit as he is employed in the States and only wants to visit from time to time. The Consulate in NY did request additional docs which were provided to them in February 2011 i.e. proof of solvency and family ties, etc. and have yet to heard anything further. I'm just wondering how much longer it will be to receive a reply.

Thanks.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I think everyone puts a huge emphasis and stress on ARC.

It truly isn't that difficult to go through and be approved. First things first, if you are married and your marriage is real and you can convince your IO at the interview that you didn't get married to come back to Canada only, you shouldn't have any problems.

I have been through ARC. Been deported from Canada after a failed Refugee, H&C, PRRA. I got married before I left Canada due to personal circumstances which I wouldn't discuss here. However, my rship with my spouse was started long before I was issued PRRA so the IO was convinced, in addition to the lump sum of evidence I submitted at my interview, that my rship is real.

The rest of it is just patience and lots of waiting as long you didn't commit to any crimes in Canada you should be good to go.

One thing you never do is push your ARC application. Wait on the VO to ask for the payment and your written submission. Pretty much stick to the point in your written submission.

Mine took less than 2 months to process through my VO and in no time I got my PP with visa stamped and COPR issued. I am now a PR in Canada with my PR card in my hands.

Trust me, be consistent, patient, true about your marriage and never lie.

On the contrary, if you got married to come to Canada (marriage of convenience) then you might as well save yourself that extra $400 for your ARC application and invest it in establishing your life wherever you are living.

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
THANKS confusednscared!!! your coments are nice and I am really worried about it, i have read a lot of post in this forum people says ARC is not easy, my marriage is real sometimes i have a lot of depression I dont imagine the idea without my husband we have a lot of dreams together even my VO requested my documents with the decision why refugee service rejected my case and i am scared i dont want they can take a decision based in my refugee case that is my past my present is my husband, my VO sent me request to apply for ARC i made my payment and I sent them the letter i am just waiting, do you know who take this decision my visa office or they send my letter to a office in OTAWA i heard something like that but I dont know who decide the approval for this could you explain me please!!

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
after my interview VO asks me for ARC fee+ submission letter..
also he said they are going to arrange ARC for me, i m so confused abt how long it going to take to get...
even i m confused abt who decides for ARC