FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi guys!
I have received ITA and I am gathering documents now for submission.

My question is:
Do the documents (marriage certificate, uni diplomas) have to go through authentication (legalization)?

I know Canada is not a part of Hague convention, so apostille is not applicable for them. What works for them is to take the documents to Ministry of External Affairs, get them legalized and then take them to Canadian embassy where they put their signatures and stamps on them. It is very costly procedure as there are many documents.

Is it actually necessary? Have you done it?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys!
I have received ITA and I am gathering documents now for submission.

My question is:
Do the documents (marriage certificate, uni diplomas) have to go through authentication (legalization)?

I know Canada is not a part of Hague convention, so apostille is not applicable for them. What works for them is to take the documents to Ministry of External Affairs, get them legalized and then take them to Canadian embassy where they put their signatures and stamps on them. It is very costly procedure as there are many documents.

Is it actually necessary? Have you done it?
Hi,

This is not necessary. All you need to do is submit original documents in English or French. If not, you need to get them translated.

regards

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

This is not necessary. All you need to do is submit original documents in English or French. If not, you need to get them translated.

regards
is this the same for all countries? my wife is from Venezuela and her Criminal Record can be printed from online. Does Criminal Record from Venezuela need to be legalized(authenticated), notarized or apostille? This is the last part of my application and i can't really get consistent answer for this. Someone Venezuelan say you don't need to and some say you need to.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
is this the same for all countries? my wife is from Venezuela and her Criminal Record can be printed from online. Does Criminal Record from Venezuela need to be legalized(authenticated), notarized or apostille? This is the last part of my application and i can't really get consistent answer for this. Someone Venezuelan say you don't need to and some say you need to.
Hi,

As long as police certificate is the original document and it is in English or French there is no need to notarize it.

regards

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

As long as police certificate is the original document and it is in English or French there is no need to notarize it.

regards
Okay, so if I print it out from the official website. Would it be consider original copy? Hard to believe any country that will allow someone to print their own Criminal Record copy from their own PC. In this case, Venezuela

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
There is a page on IRCC website with details about how to get police certificates from each country. I think it's linked from the application form where you are asked to upload the certificates. You should check for your wife's country if IRCC has any specific requirement.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
There is a page on IRCC website with details about how to get police certificates from each country. I think it's linked from the application form where you are asked to upload the certificates. You should check for your wife's country if IRCC has any specific requirement.
you are referring to this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/venezuela.html
@calvinw06 follow the above instruction.

regards