+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian trying to obtain duel citizenship?!

Gabe0303

Mar 21, 2006
Please help: I'm a 24 year old Australian in Canada on a one year working visa. My problem... I've fallen in love and wish to stay in Canada. Other than getting married is there anyway I can get an extension on my work visa or obtain duel citizenship. Any information would be much apprieciated!
Thanks,
Gabe.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gabe0303 said:
Please help: I'm a 24 year old Australian in Canada on a one year working visa. My problem... I've fallen in love and wish to stay in Canada. Other than getting married is there anyway I can get an extension on my work visa or obtain duel citizenship. Any information would be much apprieciated!
Thanks,
Gabe.
Nope, unless you have lived in a commonlaw relationship for 1 year, or marry. You would have to apply from Australia as a skilled worker. See www.cic.gc.ca to see if you qualify. If you have a skill that is in demand, and an employer who is willing to get HRSDC validation (no CC/PR available for the job and can demonstrate that they have advertised across canada for same.) You could possible get a work permit.

PMM

jimberan

Mar 23, 2007
How hard is it for an employer to get an HRSDC validation? Is it really tough now a days or can big companies get this type of validation easily?