+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian PCC question

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
Hey everyone! I just have a quick question. I'm applying for PR via Spouse in Canada class and I currently have the originals of my Australian police certificate and my VicRoads license history search.

When I send my PR application should I send the originals or scanned coloured copies?

And also I obtained these back in January/February this year but I've been in Canada since November last year. Will that be a problem? I couldn't find out how long they were valid for.

Thanks so much! :)

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
I just did some digging and Australian PCC's don't have an expiry it's technically up to whoever is requesting it to determine if it's valid or not and I also found this regarding if it should be a copy or original.

Special notes and considerations
Australian police clearances that are not acceptable:

Photocopies of a clearance

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
I just did some digging and Australian PCC's don't have an expiry it's technically up to whoever is requesting it to determine if it's valid or not and I also found this regarding if it should be a copy or original.

Special notes and considerations
Australian police clearances that are not acceptable:

Photocopies of a clearance
They should be no more than 6 months old. I too had to get my Australian one,

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
They should be no more than 6 months old. I too had to get my Australian one,
Hey! Thanks for your reply! Would you mind telling me where you found that information? Just because there's nothing relating to expiry on CIC website and when I went to the Australian Federal Police website it mentioned that they have no expiry and that it's up to whoever it's being submitted to to determine if it's valid. I also obtained it whilst being in Canada if that counts for something ahaha I'd hate to have to order another one and wait ages for delivery when I was planning on submitting my application in a few weeks.

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
So I called IRCC because I was a little confused about the information on the website. Even though I had an Australian PCC from last year, the agent on the phone said I still needed to order a new one as it had to be within the last 6 months. I was also in the same predicament where I didn't really want to have to wait for a new certificate to come through before I sent off the application so what I did was paid for the certificate and then sent a copy of the receipts with my application and an explanation letter. Just to be even more safe I sent my 'expired' PCC's so they at least had something to go by (always good practice to show you're making an effort!)

Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and

• The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
See How to get a police certificate for up-to-date information on obtaining police certificates from any country.

Important: If you can’t provide the above police certificates with your application, you must submit a detailed explanation of why not and when you expect to be able to submit them. This will likely delay the processing of your application.

Note: Some countries need a consent form, Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information (PDF, 58.59 KB), from IRCC to issue a police certificate. Find out if the country from which you need a police certificate requires a consent form. If required, you should submit the consent form to us in place of the police certificate. We’ll assess the consent form and start the police certificate request.

If you're unsure on anything then just give them a call, they're helpful, Take her easy bud.

Last edited:

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
So I called IRCC because I was a little confused about the information on the website. Even though I had an Australian PCC from last year, the agent on the phone said I still needed to order a new one as it had to be within the last 6 months. I was also in the same predicament where I didn't really want to have to wait for a new certificate to come through before I sent off the application so what I did was paid for the certificate and then sent a copy of the receipts with my application and an explanation letter. Just to be even more safe I sent my 'expired' PCC's so they at least had something to go by (always good practice to show you're making an effort!)

Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and

• The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
See How to get a police certificate for up-to-date information on obtaining police certificates from any country.

Important: If you can’t provide the above police certificates with your application, you must submit a detailed explanation of why not and when you expect to be able to submit them. This will likely delay the processing of your application.

Note: Some countries need a consent form, Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information (PDF, 58.59 KB), from IRCC to issue a police certificate. Find out if the country from which you need a police certificate requires a consent form. If required, you should submit the consent form to us in place of the police certificate. We’ll assess the consent form and start the police certificate request.

If you're unsure on anything then just give them a call, they're helpful, Take her easy bud.
Thanks so much for your reply! :) I called them today too and the agent said that it has to be within 6 months. So I've gotta order the police check and the vicroads search all over again but it's no biggie! Glad I checked this as soon as I did ahaha! Also gotta make sure to select option 35 as I want it to be a standard disclosure not a complete one :)

Eagle007

Nov 29, 2019
hi all , i have obtained australian pcc , i got it mailed to my brother in australia , it is issued for me but on the upper left side the name of my brother and his address is mentioned will cic accept it ?

shiv92

Sep 17, 2020
hi all , i have obtained australian pcc , i got it mailed to my brother in australia , it is issued for me but on the upper left side the name of my brother and his address is mentioned will cic accept it ?
Hi, I applied my pcc from Australia the same way and got it delivered to my relatives house in Australia, did you got any problem due to the different address?