+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Unfortunately stage 1 is around 3 months (or 90 days or so)- but some have processed faster. I will just hope for the best, expect the worst ;)

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
bagelbagel81 said:
Unfortunately stage 1 is around 3 months (or 90 days or so)- but some have processed faster. I will just hope for the best, expect the worst ;)
Well I guess that's not so bad!!! The stage 2 part is the one I'm mostly concerned about. I have to wait until I get mine to tell them we have moved back into Canada! Someone said if I send a case-specific email it doesn't delay anything, so that's good.

I think even if the worst does happen, the worst doesn't always seem to be so bad. Most people I see have experienced either requests for more information or interviews! I'm really worried that they may not approve me to be a sponsor! So nervous :/

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
I think the only red flags will be if the sponsor has a criminal record, or is claiming some kind of government benefits- so as long as you don't have either of those, I am sure you will be fine! :)

wildrose

Jul 24, 2012
Hi Everyone,

We have a bit of a unique case and thought there might be someone on here with a simular experience. We are planning on submitting my fiances application in early 2013 after our wedding in March 2013 and just wondering if anyone could help with some of our questions.

1) We are applying from New Zealand where we both live, has anyone had any success applying from outside Canada and what proof did you provide to show your intended plans to move back to Canada once the PR is approved?

2) My fiance is a New Zealand citizen now but is originally from South Africa so we are wondering approximately how long it takes to get a police check from SA if anyone has tried soing this from NZ?

3) Since we will have to apply to Canada to assess if I can be a sponsor then it will go to Sydney after that, has anyone had experience in how long this is taking?

4) The application guide indicates you need to submit the entire application but it seems many people have sent in their application then sent their medicals and police checks after. Has anyone waited and sumitted these after their initial application and did this cause any delays or issues for them?

5) Once the PR is approved how long do we have until he needs to enter Canada and how long does it take to get the PR card so that he can go back to NZ to sort out out affairs?

6) I have NZ residency based on our relationship but it seems like they require much more for the Canadian application, has anyone been approved for NZ residency for family class but had trouble when they provided the same info to Canada?

There is much information on the CIC website but a lot of it seems to be open to interpretation so just curious what other peoples experiences are. Any advice and help with this would be really appreciate.

Thanks everyone.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
hi, i'm so glad i found this forum and particularly this thread, as I've been searching the nets for information on timeline for Aus applicants to Canada under spouse/family sponsorship and could not see much! :mad: thank you for starting this and sharing information!

we have put in our application to Missisauga on the 14th June and now waiting for that critical 3 month mark. been checking CIC website and they have been stagnant for the last 4 weeks (processing applications received on 27th April) and only updated it to "processing applications received on 14th May". So I guess we have 1 more month to hear from them.

I submitted most things excluding the medical examination (which was done after in July and haven't sent thru cos we thought we should wait till we have our file number), and also my police check for Singapore (I lived there for 9 years prior to Sydney) - the Police in Singapore needs a letter from CIC before releasing my police check so I guess they know how that works already. One thing that worries me is we thought it wasn't necessary to print the chat logs from skype and whatsapp and our proof wasn't very long (although it was enough, from what we thought - ie. our photos together during courting days, our wedding ceremonies (2 of them in different countries, as his family were from Vietnam and mine from Australia), our honeymoon photos, etc... I also visited my husband in Canada last year.

Hopefully our application would sail through... i'm crossing everything on my body hoping it would be fine. Will update here if we hear from CIC.

THanks for sharing with us. :)

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
Oh hi. Good to see an AUNZ thread.

I'm currently in process. I've applied outland, common-law, while in Canada as a temporary resident (work visa). My timeline is below.

Application Posted: April 8th
Received by CIC: April 12th

AOR Received: July 11th
Sponsor Approved: July 23rd

File Transferred to Sydney: July 31st
AOR from Sydney: July 31st
ECAS showing "In Process": August 9th

Will update as it progresses.

Cheers, Kay

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
i went over to June application thread to add myself in and was surprised some applications submitted early June has gotten their acknowledgement and in some case even the sponsorships were approved!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: now I hope we would all be able to get good news earlier than the current estimated time, but could anyone enlighten me how the AOR is issued? do CIC send it to the sponsor's address? or email?

thanks for replying...

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hi minijingle,

An AOR is usually sent to the sponsor's email- however on many occasions an AOR is not sent at all, and the sponsor ends up receiving snail mail or email for sponsor approval. If you are going through the Sydney VO it's highly likely your sponsorship has already been approved, and just have to wait for the approval letter in the mail :)
Good luck!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
bagelbagel81 said:
Hi minijingle,

An AOR is usually sent to the sponsor's email- however on many occasions an AOR is not sent at all, and the sponsor ends up receiving snail mail or email for sponsor approval. If you are going through the Sydney VO it's highly likely your sponsorship has already been approved, and just have to wait for the approval letter in the mail :)
Good luck!
oh thanks for the encouraging words... I really hope to have the approval soon too, just thought that AOR is the standard step they would send first... i've been bugging my hubby to check his emails and it drives him mad, ;D ;D

still i'm hoping to see more Aussies/Kiwis here so I can roughly gauge the timeline i need to wait... so hard. everything is kinda on hold now because I do not know how long the procedure would take...

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Yeah, i know what you mean! From what others have said, apparently once sponsorship is approved ad transfered to Sydney, the process is relatively fast (assuming the case is straight forward), and it is extremely rare to get interviewed. It's hard to say exact timeline of stage two, but from other threads, the process has ranged from anywhere between 2-7 months. The website lists 7 months, but I think in most cases the timeframe is shorter. I am hoping stage 2 is 5 months max! But you never really know!!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
i think once the file gets tranferred then things will speed up considerably. however i'm still stuck at stage 1 - waiting for AOR - without that or the sponsorship approval there is no way we know where our file ends up at.

i do hope we hear from them by next week....

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey guys,
I have compiled a spreadsheet for all the 2012 Sydney applicants. I just threw it together based on the info I could find from individual month SS's and other postings, but I know I missed some so the info may be outdated, but periodically I will go through the older SS's to update as not everyone sees this thread.
If anyone wants to be removed, added or update their info please let me know. Its looking a little bare right now, but once we get some more approvals rolling in it will look a little more inspiring, especially if we are all getting approved start to finish in less than five months like firefly!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVlTaJuxc5kdFlsVkRfVFVOTWtCYjVjdU9tR1o2aXc

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
rachiy said:
Hey guys,
I have compiled a spreadsheet for all the 2012 Sydney applicants. I just threw it together based on the info I could find from individual month SS's and other postings, but I know I missed some so the info may be outdated, but periodically I will go through the older SS's to update as not everyone sees this thread.
If anyone wants to be removed, added or update their info please let me know. Its looking a little bare right now, but once we get some more approvals rolling in it will look a little more inspiring, especially if we are all getting approved start to finish in less than five months like firefly!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVlTaJuxc5kdFlsVkRfVFVOTWtCYjVjdU9tR1o2aXc
hi Rachiy, thanks for putting together this spreadsheet, it's great for our tracking purpose. So we see not many applications thru Sydney visa office ya?

by the way, could you please change my application filed date from 16/6 to 14/6? i know the difference is not great but just trying to be accurate. thanks!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
rachiy said:
Hey guys,

Awesome job! It's great to have a little local group starting :)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
miniejungle said:
hi Rachiy, thanks for putting together this spreadsheet, it's great for our tracking purpose. So we see not many applications thru Sydney visa office ya?

by the way, could you please change my application filed date from 16/6 to 14/6? i know the difference is not great but just trying to be accurate. thanks!
For sure. All updated now.

I haven't seen many going through Sydney, but maybe they just don't come to the forums. I was surprised at how many there are in July, we all seemed to just appear all of a sudden.