+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

Kiwiz

Jan 16, 2013
So My Canadian fiancee got sponsorship approval- stage 1 done! Now application is in Sydney (outland common law) we got stage 1 approval in two weeks. How long is stage 2 taking for everyone? I know the website says Sydney office= 10 months, but is it happening quicker than that?

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Hello,
you should take a look at this spreadsheet for sydney applicants. Its open to everyone, so join in and keep following.
Good luck!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVlTaJuxc5kdFlsVkRfVFVOTWtCYjVjdU9tR1o2aXc#gid=0

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Bagel... are you here yet?
I thought I would pop on here and check up on things, and if I remember right you are landing today?!?!?! Exciting! I hope that everything went well, I am sure that it did!

Congrats to everyone else who is making some progress, the spreadsheet looks great with so many updates. When I started it there was only about 6 of us... yay for all the kiwis and aussies making the move to be with their Canadian loved ones.

Speaking of Canadian loved ones... my lovely James and I are entered in a "win a wedding" competition in Calgary. If we win we get married at Stampede. It will be a lot of fun, and I am really excited. If we loose then we will just do it another time, but winning that amazing ring and saving all the stress of deciding to tie the knot in NZ or Canada would be awesome, and of course we would have a big party in our home towns later on for those that couldn't make it. I know I haven't been on here in ages, but for my forum buddies who were on here when I was an active participant and would like to vote for us you can do it at the following link... all support is appreciated, and if you really want to get on board you can rate us a 10 every couple of hours/days to help bring up our average (right now we are in the top spot, but there is still three weeks left to go!).

http://www.cjay92.com/ShotgunWedding2013/View.aspx?ID=389606

Good luck to everyone on their applications.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
rachiy said:
I thought I would pop on here and check up on things, and if I remember right you are landing today?!?!?! Exciting! I hope that everything went well, I am sure that it did!

Congrats to everyone else who is making some progress, the spreadsheet looks great with so many updates. When I started it there was only about 6 of us... yay for all the kiwis and aussies making the move to be with their Canadian loved ones.

Speaking of Canadian loved ones... my lovely James and I are entered in a "win a wedding" competition in Calgary. If we win we get married at Stampede. It will be a lot of fun, and I am really excited. If we loose then we will just do it another time, but winning that amazing ring and saving all the stress of deciding to tie the knot in NZ or Canada would be awesome, and of course we would have a big party in our home towns later on for those that couldn't make it. I know I haven't been on here in ages, but for my forum buddies who were on here when I was an active participant and would like to vote for us you can do it at the following link... all support is appreciated, and if you really want to get on board you can rate us a 10 every couple of hours/days to help bring up our average (right now we are in the top spot, but there is still three weeks left to go!).

Done!! Good luck! I listen to CJay so I'll keep an ear out to hear you've won. :)

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Anyone hear about this strike? I think this is going to affect our cases too. I can't believe my bad luck :-(

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-diplomats-in-12-countries-walk-off-the-job/article12380040/

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
rachiy said:

Being a fellow kiwi in love with a canadian..... I want to vote for you! BUT HOW!? i followed the link and it shows me your pics, etc, but cannot find where i 'vote' ????? PLEASE HELP :)

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
I clicked the '10' but it didn't change the number of times you had been rated..... Do I need to like log-in or something?

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Thanks for the votes!! Yes just hit the 10. No logging in required, it will only let you vote once per hour.

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
So after AN ENTIRE YEARRRRRR

We got an email that says to fill out and return Appendix "B" and a photocopy/PDF scan of the passport for my spouse!

I don't know if this is like, just filling out something we've already done or if it's actually the passport request. My question is, do we have to send this via snail mail? Or can we email this directly to them?

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
dawndarkharp said:

We got an email that says to fill out and return Appendix "B" and a photocopy/PDF scan of the passport for my spouse!

I don't know if this is like, just filling out something we've already done or if it's actually the passport request. My question is, do we have to send this via snail mail? Or can we email this directly to them?
Yes that is a passport Request. According to many people's experiences from here, Yes you can send it via email if you are Australian citizen means from Visa exempt countries. Scan and send the emails with all your details and hopefully you will get COPR in mail in few weeks time.

If you dont mind can you please write your timeline. Like when did your file get to sydney ( when did you get Aor from Sydney office and other information if you dont mind.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
dawndarkharp said:

Yay dawndarkharp!! You should have the COPR by the end of August for sure :)

starfire2003

Feb 18, 2013
Canstralian/Oznadian said:
Hi starfire. I will do my best to answer what I can.

I think this is going to take some more planning on your part. I assume you are going to apply outland via the Sydney visa office. The entire application (sponsorship and PR) are first sent to Mississauga for sponsorship approval. In sponsoring your family, you are agreeing to be responsible for them for 3 years, meaning they won't go on any public assistance. In order to be approved as a sponsor, you have to prove that you can support them financially, ie provide them with financial statements, tax returns and proof of employment. Basically unless you are super wealthy, you are going to need a job before you apply.

If your husband is under 30, I believe he can apply for a work visa under the international experience class. Otherwise, he can enter Canada as a visitor for 6 months. As a visitor he cannot work. If he enters as a visitor, Canada immigration won't be happy to see a one way ticket. If you have to have an interview (which I doubt you would after 7.5 years of marriage), the interview would be held in Sydney, another reason to have a return ticket. Your husband's visitor's record can be extended at the end of 6 months.

I believe your baby (if born after April 2009) may be eligible for Canadian citizenship by virtue of you being a Canadian citizen.

I think you should wait to apply until you are back in Canada with a job and a residence, it will be so much easier.
Thanks for your reply Canstralian! Unfortunately I just saw it now! Would have saved me from applying for my daughter to be Cdn. Oh well, we got our money back and got a quick cdn citizenship and passport for her as shes under 2.

Just want to share with everyone that you don't actually have to have proof of lots of savings or a job in Canada to be approved to sponsor. I think you should, but even on the application guide it says you don't (i still wasn't sure so that's why i asked here) I was approved to sponsor my husband via outbound with no problem.

We are in Hawaii now, in transit to Vancouver, then Toronto area to live. No job but we sold our house so not worried about the money. One way ticket so slightly worried, but I think it will be ok. Will let you know tomorrow!!

Oh, how do you add a timeline at the left of your post to show your stats for pr process??

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
starfire2003 said:
Thanks for your reply Canstralian! Unfortunately I just saw it now! Would have saved me from applying for my daughter to be Cdn. Oh well, we got our money back and got a quick cdn citizenship and passport for her as shes under 2.

Just want to share with everyone that you don't actually have to have proof of lots of savings or a job in Canada to be approved to sponsor. I think you should, but even on the application guide it says you don't (i still wasn't sure so that's why i asked here) I was approved to sponsor my husband via outbound with no problem.

We are in Hawaii now, in transit to Vancouver, then Toronto area to live. No job but we sold our house so not worried about the money. One way ticket so slightly worried, but I think it will be ok. Will let you know tomorrow!!

Oh, how do you add a timeline at the left of your post to show your stats for pr process??
YOu have to have atleast 10 posts before you could do that

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Hey all we sent my PR app through inland common law yeah the slow way ( My Canadian girlfriend is sponsoring me ) with meds done, police checks & the full fee's with the app on July 22nd 2013. Which was received in Vegerville, AB on July 23rd now the long wait.

Just waiting on AOR & SA. Then at least I know thats it actually been properly received not just signed for by a clerk.
Still a bit nervous don't want anything sent back cause we made a mistake in the app.

Good luck everyone