+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia or Canada?

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
I'm too riding on the same boat.

ACS is done n cleared in flat 4 working days.

IELTS is tomorrow i.e. on 18-Apr'15, post will EOI will be filed.

IELTS score will also help me file EE for Canada too.

However Aus accepts IELTS score till 3 years from the date of given & accepts both academic or general for PR, unlike Canada which only accepts General IELTS for PR, even IELTS Score card is valid till 2 years, but Aus accepts a 3 year old IELTS score too.

One needs 60 points to file the PR application for Aus, so no merit or no lucky draw.

One doesn't needs state sponsorship, if you make 60 points, however many cases get stuck at 55, where those 5 points of State Sponsership come handy to make it 60, but it restricts the PR holder to go n live in that state for 2 years.

Else, if one makes 60 without state sponsorship, which is easy n not difficult, then one can travel to any state n live n work.

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have also applied for both Canada and Australia. I have spent so much money as applying for two different country, one need to pay fees to both government and consultancies. Hope I wil get at least PR fro one country. I have 60 points which is required for australia PR and sent my documents to vetassis advisory to help me in selecting appropriate occupation. on other hand I m waiting for my WES report come so that I can create my profiel in EE by end of this month

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Points Score card -

Age -
18-24(inclusive) - 25 pts
25-32(incl) - 30 pts
33-39(incl) - 25 pts
40-44(incl) - 15 pts
45-49(incl) - 0 pts

IELTS -

6 in each Module(not average) - 0 pts.
7 in each Module(not average) - 10 pts
8 in each Module(not average) - 20 pts.

Exp -
atleast 3 years but less than 5 - 5 pts
ateast 5 but less than 8 - 10 pts.
atleast 8 & upto 10 years - 15 pts.

Bachelors or Masters, any degree n even both - 15 pts.
Doctorate - 20 pts.
Diploma - 10 pts.

State Sponsorship - 5 pts.

If, going for state sponsorship, then few states require proof of funds to show(atleast 6 months old) of around 15-20 L INR liquid deposits.
However, if 60 pts made without any state sponsorship, then no need to show any funds.

Experience points have a side, any engineer applying for ACS(which is edu n exp assessment, they deduct minimum of 2 years from total work exp, to make it at par of them, n in some caes even 4 years, so post that work exp i calculated & points awarded as per that).

Visa Fees in current financial fiscal is 3520 AU$ for Primary Applicant, 1760 AU$ for Spouse & 880 AU$ each for any children + 1.2 % appx tax.

ACS also has a fees, in my case it was 500 AU$ for an engineer.

State Sponsorship also has fees ranging from 0-300 AU$ depending which state you opting for. Few charge, few do not charge.

Spouse too needs IELTS with minimum 5.5 or a written declaration from the University(where he/she did their edu) that their degree was done in English medium.

However, Spouse do NOT add any points to Primary applicant nor any relative.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
All the best RahulPatel.

I can feel your pain, just burning pockets currently for a better future to come soon.

I pray my IELTS tomorrow & since my wife being the primary applicant, she scores 7 in each band for that 10 point, which makes it 60 for us & no State Sponsorship is needed.

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the best to u also for your IELTS. I hope u get the required score and ultimately visa.....

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
if i were you, id rather choose australia over canada anytime. the job prospect in australia is better than the ones in canada, at least the ones i compare on canada forums vs australian forums. when you apply for a job online in australia, at least you will hear a response. canada however, too much third world bureaucracy which is quite disappointing since that's exactly one of the many reasons i want to migrate from my country. my only issue is that my occupation is not part of the demand skills in australia. if it were, id choose australia at a drop of a hat. the weather is better and both have a very high quality of life.

neel_saxena

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
For Australia, I read when you do ACS...The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points..Does anyone know how that works?

Jan 14, 2015
neel_saxena said:
For Australia, I read when you do ACS...The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points..Does anyone know how that works?
If your degree(overseas) is highly relevant to the Skill you are applying , they deduct first two years of experience to meet the skill met date and count the experience after that. Otherwise they can deduct from 4 years upto 6-7 years.
for example, for software engineer with MCA/Btech computer Science , BCA, etc only 2 year will be deducted. For Btech ECE, 4 years will be deducted if they apply for IT skills.

Check the complete guidelines for applicant on acs.org.au

Hope this helps.

neel_saxena

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
vikasshandilya said:
If your degree(overseas) is highly relevant to the Skill you are applying , they deduct first two years of experience to meet the skill met date and count the experience after that. Otherwise they can deduct from 4 years upto 6-7 years.
for example, for software engineer with MCA/Btech computer Science , BCA, etc only 2 year will be deducted. For Btech ECE, 4 years will be deducted if they apply for IT skills.

Check the complete guidelines for applicant on acs.org.au

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the explanation..Looks like I will not get points for work exp. Australia is out from my list :(

Pandabear

Apr 5, 2015
I've lived in Australia - Sydney for 6 year and from my experience they are very racist and if ur brown skin forget to get a job unless u do some degree or get some good reference, they prefer to take white skinned asian even if they can't speak english but brown big NO NO.

IT Jobs are different but still the normal people are not welcoming and can get very tough to survive as they are very good in taunting and pointing fingers and making jokes ... its crazy out there from the outside everything looks good and nice but once u land it takes some time to sink in the reality of life and their way of living

my score is 456 and hopefully will get ITA in the next round, hope Canadians are not like that am not worried about jobs but accepting part from the community.