+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia or Canada?

Mar 20, 2015
This is for people who have applied for both Canada and Australia for immigration.

What should be the priority order for these countries for immigration point of view?

I am stuck at somewhat unique position. I personally prefer Canada but I've got invitation from Australia today to lodge Visa application. For Australian PR, I also need to spend around $3500.

Coming to Canada immigration, My points in EE is just 381, so that's why I am confused about what to do now. Should I wait for Canada or go ahead with what I have in hand? your valuable suggestions are welcome.
:-X

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I think you should go ahead with Australia. You know what you have in hand. You are not sure if you will get to Canada as the Express Entry system is not predictable nor as transparent as we would like it to be.

Although Canada's application process is cheaper, you are not certain when you will get an ITA.

Can you say what is your points in Australia Expression of Interest? I am also considering Australia as I think its a very place to live. Its very expensive for me to get there but I think its worth the sacrifice for the future.

Mar 20, 2015
Yeah, I was expecting this reply only. @381, I might have to wait until end of this year.

Well for Aus, I had 55 points only, but was able to arrange state sponsorship for extra 5 points.

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hey...that's good go ahead with Australia ....but how you arranged the state sponsorship.....I too have 55 points

Please ping me separately.....

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovecanada1988 said:
Yeah, I was expecting this reply only. @ 381, I might have to wait until end of this year.

Well for Aus, I had 55 points only, but was able to arrange state sponsorship for extra 5 points.
Hey buddy.. I have an score of 408 with spouse ECA in EE but do not see that coming close; if at all then at least for next 3-4 months.

I was aspiring to immigrate to Australia last year but after FSW was reopened with some more hope, I paused with Australia application. Seems like the time is now to resume working on Australia Application. My ACS will be expiring by September 2015. Could you guide me a little for applying to state sponsorship in Australia?

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
lovecanada1988 said:
Yeah, I was expecting this reply only. @ 381, I might have to wait until end of this year.

Can you advise how you how you arrange for state sponsorship? I would be happy for your advice.

travigne

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2016
LANDED..........
Feb 03,2016
choose one which you PREFER. You don't know which is better until you've been there.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
HI.. I am also stuck with similar thing..I got ITA from Canada, but also did Skilled Assessment for Australia..
I am planning to apply for Aus in new year (after JUn 2015 as per AUs calendar)..But not sure, if I should do it.

I dn't have any preference but heard job opportunities for Business Analyst-IT role is more in AUS compared to CAN..so I dont know..
Should I go ahead with Aus as well? Just in case if my application in Canada does not go thru I will have backup.

My IELTS score is expiring in Jun 2016 and that is another reason.. I dont want to retake exam again and go thru entire process again..Please advise

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Just to throw a cat amongst the piegons

1) Australia's economy is tanking right now (similar to Alberta's), its not the promised land it once was where jobs were freely avaliable so I hope you either know people there or have a job to go to. Also with a score of 381 I assume that your IELTS was on the lower side which will make it harder in aussie to get a job.

2) depending on where you are from, Aussies arent the best at accepting foreign nationals so once again if you dont know anyone there already it could be a very lonely experience.

3) But with a score of 381 I would say do Aussie as you will be waiting some time for an ITA I believe. At least until after the federal election in October. I'm on 410 and dont see and ITA coming my way until AT LEAST june

Mar 20, 2015
Well in this context, Canada won't be a easier destination too. Easiest thing is to sit at your native country and have fun with your friends and family. So we can't compare Aus and Canada in this way, both are having equal challenges.

I've got decent IELTS score in fact, 7.5 average and minimum 7. This is primary requirement to apply for state sponsorship in few Aussie states.

How to get state sponsorship, you need to check all states and their eligibility criteria to apply. You do need IELTS and credentials verification in hand before. Every state has list of occupations and IELTS minimum requirement.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Weather wise Australia is better. Winter is horrible in Canada.

caicai

Mar 4, 2015
Congrat! I also apply for Australia yet only 55point. Just go ahead Australia with no hesitation. Compared to Au, Ca sucks. BTW, are you applying the NSW190? What is your occupation?

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow, my dream is Australia too.....oh well maybe in a few years, at least I learned the process now from Express Entry....
On the other hand,if you didn't have any ITA, wouldn't you accept either one, as long as it comes first? ;D
Personally I wouldn't come to Canada without a job,I think it would be too tough for me to start from zero.

jrgongon

Feb 2, 2015
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys...based on my experience..and this is only my perspective...anyway just to give you ideas...I am a civil engineer here in our country and has a pending application for canada which is the express entry...if we were to settle in canada the problem is in order for me to practice my profession I still have to undergo a one year of schooling (this is based on my friends who are also engineers that migrated in Canada), while in Australia, all I have to do is just look for any job that is related to engineering and that's it..I may have a possibility to be hired instantly. The bottomline here is practicing our profession may be tougher in Canada compared in Australia (this is my assumption based only on the stories that I have personally heard through my friends). On the contrary, finding jobs in Australia may be easier but racism are rampant. I had also a friend who migrated there earlier last year and until now they haven't found any due to racial discrimination. Hope someone can share their thoughts..thanks