+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aunt sponsorship

saira_aamir

Apr 17, 2018
My aunt is sponsoring me for undergraduate studies, we have sufficient funds and all required documents but I have heard that if any relative sponsor you, it will make your application weak. I am really worried about this issue. Tell me if it is true and if yes, what can I do to make my application strong?

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
It is not difficult but I think It might require paperwork
IF you aunt is close to you, try making an affidavit saying she is ready to sponsor you.
Or ask her to deposit money into your bank account(if you have) beforehand, the visa process

saira_aamir

Apr 17, 2018
It is not difficult but I think It might require paperwork
IF you aunt is close to you, try making an affidavit saying she is ready to sponsor you.
Or ask her to deposit money into your bank account(if you have) beforehand, the visa process
she has made an affidavit but it is nearly impossible for her to tranfer money as I dont have tha much time. (Money should be in your account for atleast about 6 months)

Reactions: saurabh009

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
My aunt is sponsoring me for undergraduate studies, we have sufficient funds and all required documents but I have heard that if any relative sponsor you, it will make your application weak. I am really worried about this issue. Tell me if it is true and if yes, what can I do to make my application strong?

Most times yes, it can be a problem for relatives sponsoring you but you can make your case strong if you can prove that your Aunt has been responsible for your upkeep and other areas before now(any documents to show)

Then also a swear affidavit of her relationship to you and mentioned areas of her past supports or guidance responsibility to you

Also.. a letter of sponsorship

You should be fine

saira_aamir

Apr 17, 2018
Most times yes, it can be a problem for relatives sponsoring you but you can make your case strong if you can prove that your Aunt has been responsible for your upkeep and other areas before now(any documents to show)

Then also a swear affidavit of her relationship to you and mentioned areas of her past supports or guidance responsibility to you

Also.. a letter of sponsorship

You should be fine
Are there any ways I can prove that she been supporting me financially? I mean any document in specific?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
non specifically.. but it would help your case strongly if you can get one(maybe a child welfare certificate from a child service, social service or reputable government organization that deals on child service showing/proving she has been responsible for you before now etc) which will be better but you can still get a swear affidavit also

Last edited:
Reactions: saira_aamir