+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August SDS/ Non-SDS applicants timeline discussion (2020)

Deejay_3509

Nov 26, 2020
I applied on 11th Aug, but no update yet, can you share her profile if you have the info? also did she apply under SDS?
Yes, she applied under SDS on Aug 14th; did biometrics in Dec first week and got her medicals updated yesterday.

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Oh I have almost a similar timeline, idk my medicals did not get updated. When did she give her medical exam?

Reactions: Jash619

Random_guy

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Alright, I applied on 14 Aug SDS, India, Aip 2 Oct, Bio on 2 Dec, no update after that. Also my medical is not updated too.

Reactions: sim08

N-A

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Applied on 24th August
Full SDS application with biometrics done and medical upfront
Medical got updated today.
No aip, no biometrics update, nothing.

joshwillard

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Basically, your medical and biometrics need to be updated to receive a final decision.
No point raising webforms to update medical. It will not one bit speed up your case. If the VO comes across your file then yeah he will give a final decision plus update the medicals.

My medical was updated back in 14 Dec 20' but it didn't do anything at all to speed up my application. Which simply means they will check your file when they want to. Does not depend on your medicals.

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
No point raising webforms to update medical. It will not one bit speed up your case. If the VO comes across your file then yeah he will give a final decision plus update the medicals.

My medical was updated back in 14 Dec 20' but it didn't do anything at all to speed up my application. Which simply means they will check your file when they want to. Does not depend on your medicals.
I didn't mean that will speed up your application, what I meant was you will not receive a decision unless they have your medical report and when they have it and verify it, it will get updated on GCkey.

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
Ok so my medicals got updated on Dec. 17th and on Jan. 4th, I received BVL. Any idea when will be the final decision and will it be positive?

joshwillard

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
I didn't mean that will speed up your application, what I meant was you will not receive a decision unless they have your medical report and when they have it and verify it, it will get updated on GCkey.
Not really cuz a lot of students are getting PPR without medical updates.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
can anyone share whether SDS applicants in this group had applied for Jan 2021 intake and whether they had to defer for May 2021 intake?
One more point-
Is it also true that non-SDS applicants are getting fast replies than SDS replies?