+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August non-SDS German applicant finally got study permit without an updated LOA

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hey guys,

As the title says, I finally got my study permit!

Applied on 20th August 2020
Eligibility review started 29th September 2020
(Didn't need medical)
Biometrics submitted: 11th February 2021
BVL: 11th February 2021
Approved: 11th February 2021

After having submitted biometrics I received the BVL within 2 hours and the final approval in the course of 5 hours. I thought after giving biometrics it would take another 3-4 weeks AT LEAST.

My original LOA was for January and I haven't updated my new LOA for March intake and I still got the permit. Props to them!

My only question as of now is: Do I need to ask the college for a new LOA to show the visa border officer upon arrival in Canada? Or how will they determine the validity time of my study permit?

Best regards and never lose hope!

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hey guys,

As the title says, I finally got my study permit!

Applied on 20th August 2020
Eligibility review started 29th September 2020
(Didn't need medical)
Biometrics submitted: 11th February 2021
BVL: 11th February 2021
Approved: 11th February 2021

After having submitted biometrics I received the BVL within 2 hours and the final approval in the course of 5 hours. I thought after giving biometrics it would take another 3-4 weeks AT LEAST.

My original LOA was for January and I haven't updated my new LOA for March intake and I still got the permit. Props to them!

My only question as of now is: Do I need to ask the college for a new LOA to show the visa border officer upon arrival in Canada? Or how will they determine the validity time of my study permit?

Best regards and never lose hope!
Congratulations! I'm exactly in the same situation. My permit was approved on the same day as yours, and it was intended for winter/January intake. I discussed about this few experienced people here in this forum and they said I can go ahead with passport stamping for visa, but make sure I get the new LOA for deferred intake and update this change to the IRCC via webform. This will bring their attention and the officers will give you a temporary residence visa, if it is applicable to you. You may also show this LOA to the border officer at the airport upon landing. But, if you have good amount of time, try to update IRCC with need LOA in the webform, so that they can give you a visa-stamped in a passport based on the newly deferred timeline. However, as you may know, the study permit is officially issued to you at the airport anyways. You can plan accordingly. This is my understanding about this situation.

Su9

Oct 23, 2021
Did you get a medical request? I just received my Bvl without a medical request and I don’t know what to think

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Congratulations! I'm exactly in the same situation. My permit was approved on the same day as yours, and it was intended for winter/January intake. I discussed about this few experienced people here in this forum and they said I can go ahead with passport stamping for visa, but make sure I get the new LOA for deferred intake and update this change to the IRCC via webform. This will bring their attention and the officers will give you a temporary residence visa, if it is applicable to you. You may also show this LOA to the border officer at the airport upon landing. But, if you have good amount of time, try to update IRCC with need LOA in the webform, so that they can give you a visa-stamped in a passport based on the newly deferred timeline. However, as you may know, the study permit is officially issued to you at the airport anyways. You can plan accordingly. This is my understanding about this situation.
HI people, one my of friend got study permit for January intake but she wants to change the course in September intake in same college. Now the difference is around 9 months from January to September 2022. Please assist if she needs to apply new visa again after informing ircc on webform for changing and deferring the program for January and starting different program in September...... or very important question if she land Canada in January and then defer/withdraw/change program for September intake and then inform IRCC about course change with September intake. What's could be her status from January to September in Canada. Please assist

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
HI people, one my of friend got study permit for January intake but she wants to change the course in September intake in same college. Now the difference is around 9 months from January to September 2022. Please assist if she needs to apply new visa again after informing ircc on webform for changing and deferring the program for January and starting different program in September...... or very important question if she land Canada in January and then defer/withdraw/change program for September intake and then inform IRCC about course change with September intake. What's could be her status from January to September in Canada. Please assist
IMHO, quite risky “if she land Canada in January and then defer/withdraw/change program for September intake and then inform IRCC about course change with September intake.”

Put yourself in the VO’s shoes: what would the applicant do in Canada between January to September? How will she support herself when she cannot work?

Just my opinion, though.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
IMHO, quite risky “if she land Canada in January and then defer/withdraw/change program for September intake and then inform IRCC about course change with September intake.”

Put yourself in the VO’s shoes: what would the applicant do in Canada between January to September? How will she support herself when she cannot work?

Just my opinion, though.
She can support herself without work but what I want to know is there any problem if she stays there from January to September and then start study in September

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
She can support herself without work but what I want to know is there any problem if she stays there from January to September and then start study in September
Like I said, put yourself in the VO’s shoes. I’m sure she can support herself. But if you’re the VO, what would you think about an applicant who can’t legally work in Canada but would stay there for nine months?

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Like I said, put yourself in the VO’s shoes. I’m sure she can support herself. But if you’re the VO, what would you think about an applicant who can’t legally work in Canada but would stay there for nine months?
VO why u talking about? She already have received study permit. As far as I found on twitter by IRCC 150 or more days with same DLI only need to inform through webform for course or intake change. But here question is after landing she wants change intake from January to September. The reason behind is she must reach before 7 Janaury to start classes but at this point her children visa in process and its looks like 1% chance that her children visas stamp on passport so she might travel end of January or February but problem is her college will not accept her to start classes after 7 Janaury..... means no chance of acceptance by college after 7 jan. The only way she needs to defer for September intake and if she inform ircc before landing then she cannot travel till earlier August if course starts in September.....

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
VO why u talking about? She already have received study permit. As far as I found on twitter by IRCC 150 or more days with same DLI only need to inform through webform for course or intake change. But here question is after landing she wants change intake from January to September. The reason behind is she must reach before 7 Janaury to start classes but at this point her children visa in process and its looks like 1% chance that her children visas stamp on passport so she might travel end of January or February but problem is her college will not accept her to start classes after 7 Janaury..... means no chance of acceptance by college after 7 jan. The only way she needs to defer for September intake and if she inform ircc before landing then she cannot travel till earlier August if course starts in September.....
I’m just giving my opinion. Consider this: she lands in Canada in January. Defers her study to September, which is more than 150 days. Her original SP would definitely be cancelled after her DLI reports the deferment. She needs to apply to change status from SP to visitor. however, visitor is only for 6 months. What will she do in between January and September?

Again, just my opinion. And I’m not an immigration lawyer.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I’m just giving my opinion. Consider this: she lands in Canada in January. Defers her study to September, which is more than 150 days. Her original SP would definitely be cancelled after her DLI reports the deferment. She needs to apply to change status from SP to visitor. however, visitor is only for 6 months. What will she do in between January and September?

Again, just my opinion. And I’m not an immigration lawyer.
Oh yeh now u answered what I was looking. U cleared so many confusions. U said when DLi will report to ircc for deferment then she need to apply as visitor but thats only 6 months. It means her child cannot enroll in a school as child of international student while if she on study permit to visit visa...... I got my answers what's I was looking. Thank u

Reactions: rogelcorral