+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Nov 15, 2023
Thanks for the reply.

So it automatically switches because of the visitor visa? The whole process then switches to an inland application? Or will we have to change address using Web form and Alert IRCC of her presence in Canada?
You got to inform IRCC through Webform about the change in PA’s address.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can my girlfriend come to Canada after biometrics and claim the visa in Canada? Or does she need to be in the UK where it's processing to claim the copr?
Can I change the application from outland to inland?

Sponsor approved
Biometrics booked for next week
She can apply for TRV and if she has a valid TRV (or eTA), she can travel to Canada and stay as a visitor.
The application DO NOT change from outland to inland. But both inland and outland applicants can apply for OWP after AOR of sponsorship application.
She will be doing virtual landing and getting eCOPR if she stays in Canada through out the process. Update her address via web form after she arrives in Canada.

Nov 15, 2023
She can apply for TRV and if she has a valid TRV (or eTA), she can travel to Canada and stay as a visitor.
The application DO NOT change from outland to inland. But both inland and outland applicants can apply for OWP after AOR of sponsorship application.
She will be doing virtual landing and getting eCOPR if she stays in Canada through out the process. Update her address via web form after she arrives in Canada.
I don’t think outlands can apply for OWP

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
It's CHANGED. As long as the application have received AOR and entered in Canada, they can apply for OWP.
Just to gain clarity if i have sponsored my spouse from India and we received AOR for the same. We can apply for OWP even when he is still in INDIA?

Bean001

Jan 6, 2024
I became a PR on Feb 21st. Just trying to see what’s everyone’s timeline like with physical PR cards by mail. Been waiting for sometime now, not sure what’s a normal time. Just miss my family and I want to travel to them

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Just to gain clarity if i have sponsored my spouse from India and we received AOR for the same. We can apply for OWP even when he is still in INDIA?
NO. applicant needs to be in Canada to apply for OWP.
But it doesn't change the application type from "outland" to "inland".

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
NO. applicant needs to be in Canada to apply for OWP.
But it doesn't change the application type from "outland" to "inland".
Thank you for clarifying.
So it's TRV route changing from Visitor to OWP while you are waiting for PR approval if TRV is approved.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for clarifying.
So it's TRV route changing from Visitor to OWP while you are waiting for PR approval if TRV is approved.
Don't fully understand your question.

But if TRV is approved, applicant can travel to Canada.
If the application has reach AOR and if the applicant is in Canada with sponsor, he/she can apply for OWP.
Once it's grand, applicant can work while waiting for PR.

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
I was just saying that we submitted outland application on March 1st.
TRV is submitted, if approved once PA reaches Canada he is eligible for OWP right?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was just saying that we submitted outland application on March 1st.
TRV is submitted, if approved once PA reaches Canada he is eligible for OWP right?
Once PA reaches Canada he can apply for OWP. He will need to wait for OWP to be approved to start working.
Not right after he reaches Canada.

Reactions: Akaur07

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Once PA reaches Canada he can apply for OWP. He will need to wait for OWP to be approved to start working.
Not right after he reaches Canada.
That's why i was saying he is eligible to apply obviously not to work until he is authorized.

Thank you!!

Reactions: YVR123

OneCanadian85

Aug 15, 2022
Anyone from London Visa Office has received passport request? Had medicals passed since mid January, and radio silence since then.

needinfo92923

Oct 27, 2023
App. Filed.......
29-09-2023
AOR Received.
28-11-27
File Transfer...
LONDON UK 15-01-2024
Med's Request
Med Request 13-03-2024
Med's Done....
Med Passed 20-03-2024
Anyone from London Visa Office has received passport request? Had medicals passed since mid January, and radio silence since then.
Nothing yet.

Reactions: OneCanadian85