+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hah, samesies - I still have no idea which office it went to, tbh so I'm still kind of curious.

In any case, we're close to the finish line and I need to look for a new place (currently live in a shared apartment, etc) waaaaay ahead of scheduled. Exciting times! :D
I was surprised ours came to Sydney Aus to be honest, I had assumed because it was unknown that it went to a completely different country. Yep it has made it so much easier to plan this out.lol

Reactions: siddharthbala

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello all,
I have a question to ask as I'm planning to apply for the spousal sponsorship in March 2022 I want to know which way is working faster right now paper application or online application?
I really appreciate if anyone can provide me the proper response.
The online app is new and is a pilot program. Looking at the Tracking Tool, it is currently lagging behind paper apps by a few weeks processing time for AORs.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
2. In the Ceremony photo description, we are mentioning the below. Please clarify if there is a need to add details.
Name: ...
DOB: ...
Context: Engagement Day(Photo with my husband family)
Date of Photo: ...
Does the above photo description is enough or do we need to include who all are there starting the photo left to right? Can someone shares some examples?

3. We are submitting an online application, how many photos we should submit to make our case strong. Do we have to submit one-by-one photos or multiple photos in one word document? How many photos we should submit for each ceremony?

4. I am a Sponsor, working in Canada. I am submitting my Current Employment verification, bank Statements, 2020 Notice of Assessment, PR card, Passport as proof from my side. Would that be enough as proof of Sponsor?
I can help with a few.

2. That should be enough info though I would also add the place the photo was taken, especially if not all photos submitted are from the same event. To be safe, if there were other people in the photo we identified who they were except for our wedding photo that showed all 45 people, we just assume the IRCC officer would understand it was our wedding as we were in the suit and white dress. All other group photos we added the names and relation of all those pictured.

3. There is a maximum of 20 photos in total for the application so pick and choose wisely. Ensure you choose photos from throughout the relationship over time and at different locations with different people if you can. We created a word document with all info typed under each photo and then converted it to a PDF to upload as 1 document.

4. Yes, this all looks like it would be what they need as proof for your eligibility to sponsor but the VIP and Star Members would know better than me.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: deep60801

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Did anybody who applied in August 2021 via online portal still waiting for AOR?
Would be nice to include the format of application on the Tracking Tool so we can all see timelines for online vs paper. Looking at the data though, just under 88% of August applicants have received their AOR. Whether the missing 12% are the online apps is anybody's guess though the Sept/Oct data shows a lag of about a month in comparison to paper apps for the receipt of AOR1.

Reactions: aneic_B

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hi, would having a personal loan affect my application when I sponsor my husband?
Doubtful unless your financials show significant amounts of debt that would suggest you fall below the LICO.

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
I can help with a few.

2. That should be enough info though I would also add the place the photo was taken, especially if not all photos submitted are from the same event. To be safe, if there were other people in the photo we identified who they were except for our wedding photo that showed all 45 people, we just assume the IRCC officer would understand it was our wedding as we were in the suit and white dress. All other group photos we added the names and relation of all those pictured.

3. There is a maximum of 20 photos in total for the application so pick and choose wisely. Ensure you choose photos from throughout the relationship over time and at different locations with different people if you can. We created a word document with all info typed under each photo and then converted it to a PDF to upload as 1 document.

4. Yes, this all looks like it would be what they need as proof for your eligibility to sponsor but the VIP and Star Members would know better than me.

Good luck!
Thank you for the clarification. Really appreciate :)

Reactions: SLCtoYEG

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
What's the average time for background checks? I passed medicals early december, can I expect the pre-arrival letter soon?
My husband passed his medical Dec 21st and got his pre arrival letter Dec 23rd. I think it will also depend on your visa office as to how quickly things move along

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, Can anybody please help me in understanding of Tracking tool.
I can see there is one column(G) of SA and Column (H) for days between received and SA.
Let's say the person got his AOR1 on 2021-10-06 and in Column G (Date for SA), the date is 2021-11-02 and in the column H( days between received and SA), the days are 90. How is this possible?
Are we considering AOR1 as received or the day the application was delivered?

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
In that case, for me it's already been 150 days since the application received and AOR1.
I am really worried, for other applicants, it took 150 days for the complete PR process.