+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

mrpraz17

Sep 22, 2017
Do you know how to find out which visa office has the file been transferred to. Thanks in advance
I think the only way to find out is by calling IRCC. they should be able to tell you where your file is once your are done with Biometrics/Medical .

Hamxa

Sep 27, 2010
Hi Guys ! Any thoughts on if there is any chance of applying and getting approved for visit visa for your Spouse while the sponsorship application is being processed. I am getting conflicting information from people. Some of them may not be that knowledgeable. But I thought it was worth looking into since it decreases the time spent apart. If she/he does apply for a visa, will it hurt the sponsorship application.

Reactions: Navs11 and jsapra

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hi Guys ! Any thoughts on if there is any chance of applying and getting approved for visit visa for your Spouse while the sponsorship application is being processed. I am getting conflicting information from people. Some of them may not be that knowledgeable. But I thought it was worth looking into since it decreases the time spent apart. If she/he does apply for a visa, will it hurt the sponsorship application.
It won't hurt the earlier app but the spouse has to be eligible for the visitor visa.

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Can you please elaborate when you say spouse has to be 'eligible'?
Her eligibilty for that visa doesn't depend on you being her husband or in Canada. IRCC would want to see what will make her go back and continue waiting for her spousal visa outcome there. So it has to be on visiting visa merit only!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
100% of those who don't apply are not granted visitor visas.

For those that do apply, no-one knows what the chances are for a specific individual.

If you don't mind paying the fee and time to apply, apply and hope it is granted.

Reactions: mrpraz17

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I did go this route and I was not successful and we were denied because applicant had strong family ties to Canada. As per rules, if you have 'strong' family ties to Canada, you need even 'stronger' ties outside Canada so that they have reasons to believe that you would exit after the period of visit visa. Now, its kind of hard to put out anything which is more strong and proving thing more than the husband-wife/common law relationship. When we applied, my wife had a full time job in India and it was still not enough to prove that she would leave Canada at the end of the visit.

Again, every case is different. Good luck.

Reactions: mrpraz17

mrpraz17

Sep 22, 2017
100% of those who don't apply are not granted visitor visas.

For those that do apply, no-one knows what the chances are for a specific individual.

If you don't mind paying the fee and time to apply, apply and hope it is granted.

Can't agree more. I am planning to do the same If I don't receive the AOR in time. Its just a matter of paying the application fee. I wanna give it a shot. who knows , they might be kind and grant a visitor visa

mrpraz17

Sep 22, 2017
I have looked around a bit for this as well. From what I understood, It won't hurt the PR application at all. Its something about Conflict of interest, With PR application the PA is asking to grant a permanent residence but with visitor visa, the same person is asking to get a temporary residence.

So, chances are they might reject the visitor visa application but it won't affect the PR application. The main point to highlight with the Visitor visa application is that this application is just for a temporary visit. once the planned stay comes to an end, he/she is willing to go back to their country and wait for the PR application to approve and then immigrate again.

Hamxa

Sep 27, 2010
I have looked around a bit for this as well. From what I understood, It won't hurt the PR application at all. Its something about Conflict of interest, With PR application the PA is asking to grant a permanent residence but with visitor visa, the same person is asking to get a temporary residence.

So, chances are they might reject the visitor visa application but it won't affect the PR application. The main point to highlight with the Visitor visa application is that this application is just for a temporary visit. once the planned stay comes to an end, he/she is willing to go back to their country and wait for the PR application to approve and then immigrate again.
Thanks everyone for the input and insight. Sorry for the rejection of visa bro.

Is this correct that - Lets say the visit visa is approved, Spouse would be able to stay in Canada till the Sponsorship application process is complete. Since she will have "Applied Status" or something even after the visit visa expires.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From what I understood, It won't hurt the PR application at all. Its something about Conflict of interest, With PR application the PA is asking to grant a permanent residence but with visitor visa, the same person is asking to get a temporary residence.
It won't hurt the PR application.

It's sometimes referred to as 'dual intent' - they know a PR applicant esp if spouse is in Canada will want to stay; it's not forbidden but it does raise questions about intent. The question is whether they will go back if required to.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is this correct that - Lets say the visit visa is approved, Spouse would be able to stay in Canada till the Sponsorship application process is complete. Since she will have "Applied Status" or something even after the visit visa expires.
Basically correct but:
-even with a visitor visa, the traveller can be refused at border - IF the officers believe the person won't return. (Not that common mind but don't show up with all worldly possessions)
-they cannot 'stay until approved' - they can stay while they have a valid visa. They can also apply to extend their visit, and these are often granted with no problem - at least once for example. (If extension is refused, they must leave)
-If they get approved under spousal application while already in Canada, they can finalize the landing process and remain in Canada.
-Forget the 'implied status' for this discussion - separate concept and importance.

The point is that the visitor visa is NOT granted to allow the spouse/PR applicant to come and remain indefinitely in Canada (although fine if PR app completed while visiting) and it's not part of the PR process or application. It is a visa to visit.

Last edited: