+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Hello everyone I need your input on the IMM5476 form. While I'm filling this form I have a confusion about the signings as in my case I will be representing my spouse. So I understood that I have to provide my signature in the representative field. But there is one more place in the end of form specifically in declaration section it asks to sign of the spouse and/or common law partner below the signature of applicant. so am I understanding it correctly that I have to sign it over there too as spouse? People who represented/representing their spouse please provide your input on my query!
Appreciate the feedback.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hello my husband was done with his medical yesterday but the office called us today and told us that he has to fo back and do the sputum examination.. i just want to see if anyone else went through the same thing and if that is normal?!
My mom went through the same thing..in my mom's case, i think they suspected tuberculosis..what happened was she has to do sputum test twice, one month apart..

Nick1986

Mar 25, 2022
Hey guys, hope your applications are going very well. I'm sharing my timeline with you (Outland Spousal Sp.) and I have a question, does anyone have any idea when I should receive the Pre-Arrival Services Letter??

• Spousal Sponsorship Application received by CIC: 2021/08/23
  • AOR received: 2021/10/27
  • IRCC secure account and application linked: 2021/11/12
  • Biometrics Enrolment: 2021/12/06
  • Medical Examination Report submitted to IRCC: 2022/01/01
  • CIC Request Letter for certified Military records: 2022/01/11
  • Military records uploaded: 2022/01/24
  • CIC Request Letter for Right of Permanent Residence fee: 2022/02/10
  • RPRF payment confirmation uploaded: 2022/02/11
Thanks so much,

Greetings!

Reactions: twinmama15

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys, hope your applications are going very well. I'm sharing my timeline with you (Outland Spousal Sp.) and I have a question, does anyone have any idea when I should receive the Pre-Arrival Services Letter??

• Spousal Sponsorship Application received by CIC: 2021/08/23
  • AOR received: 2021/10/27
  • IRCC secure account and application linked: 2021/11/12
  • Biometrics Enrolment: 2021/12/06
  • Medical Examination Report submitted to IRCC: 2022/01/01
  • CIC Request Letter for certified Military records: 2022/01/11
  • Military records uploaded: 2022/01/24
  • CIC Request Letter for Right of Permanent Residence fee: 2022/02/10
  • RPRF payment confirmation uploaded: 2022/02/11
Thanks so much,

Greetings!
At this stage of your application, the closest estimate you will get is be comparing to other people with the same visa office. That’s why not everyone here will have different timeline.

Reactions: Nick1986

Nick1986

Mar 25, 2022
At this stage of your application, the closest estimate you will get is be comparing to other people with the same visa office. That’s why not everyone here will have different timeline.
The uncertainty is terrible.. anyway, I'll have to keep waiting patiently.

Thanks so much

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi.
Me and my husband are both Filipinos, and as you know, we Filipinos use our mother's maiden name as our middle name. In our passport for example:
SURNAME CRUZ
MIDDLE NAME SORIANO
GIVEN NAME ANDY

In filling up the generic form(online application), it say's 'Enter your full name as shown on your passport or travel document.'
Family Name Given Name

Since there is only spaces for family name and given name, do I need only to write (family name) CRUZ (given name) ANDY
or do I need to write his full name, middle name included? (FAMILY NAME) CRUZ
(GIVEN NAME) ANDY SORIANO

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi.
Me and my husband are both Filipinos, and as you know, we Filipinos use our mother's maiden name as our middle name. In our passport for example:
SURNAME CRUZ
MIDDLE NAME SORIANO
GIVEN NAME ANDY

In filling up the generic form(online application), it say's 'Enter your full name as shown on your passport or travel document.'
Family Name Given Name

Since there is only spaces for family name and given name, do I need only to write (family name) CRUZ (given name) ANDY
or do I need to write his full name, middle name included? (FAMILY NAME) CRUZ
(GIVEN NAME) ANDY SORIANO
First, what do you want?

My view is with these types of names (is it correct to say by Spanish tradition) you can do either if you want. It's not super well known but it's not rare.

So if you want to have two last names separate by a space, do that. Include a short note explaining they are both family names.

Or if you want to keep it as a middle name, add after the first name as a given name.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
AOR OCT 13 2021
SA NOV 19 2021
VO NAIROBI KENYA
BIL NOV 17 2021
MED JAN 9 2022
ELIGIBILITY STATUS FEB 15 2022
PRE ARRIVAL SERVICES LETTER MARCH 3 2022
BACKGROUND VERIFICATION NOT STARTED

What is the background verification all about and how long does it take? What after? Thanks boys and girls

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
AOR OCT 13 2021
SA NOV 19 2021
VO NAIROBI KENYA
BIL NOV 17 2021
MED JAN 9 2022
ELIGIBILITY STATUS FEB 15 2022
PRE ARRIVAL SERVICES LETTER MARCH 3 2022
BACKGROUND VERIFICATION NOT STARTED

What is the background verification all about and how long does it take? What after? Thanks boys and girls
It will depend on your visa office but from Pre Arrival letter to PPR it was about 2 weeks. My husbands office was Sydney Australia. The Background Verification did not change until they had sent his COPR back to him. So in total from Pre Arrival to everything completed and in his hand was 3-4 weeks. Some visa offices are quite slow so it may take longer.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
It will depend on your visa office but from Pre Arrival letter to PPR it was about 2 weeks. My husbands office was Sydney Australia. The Background Verification did not change until they had sent his COPR back to him. So in total from Pre Arrival to everything completed and in his hand was 3-4 weeks. Some visa offices are quite slow so it may take longer.
Thanks twinmama15

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hello,
I have submitted an outland spouse application for my wife. We received the Biometric instruction letter (IMM5756) over email, but we haven't got the AOR yet. did anyone get biometric before AOR?

Thanks,

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hello,
I am a resident of Quebec. We have submitted an outland sponsor application online and we got a request to submit the provincial application. Does anyone know the procedure, please share.

Thanks,

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

The new spousal application tracker shows everything done along with COPR document details but I didn't get the COPR email from IRCC.
Also, the old GC account shows only Biometrics, Medical done, Eligibility still in progress.
Has anybody faced the same issue?

Thanks.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
HI All,

I have submitted my spousal application on October 2021 and till now I havent got any AOR's/email's from IRCC.
It was online.

The problem Im facing now is, Im unable to login to and check the status online from which I have submitted my spousal application, also unable to reset the password as well. Raised multiple web-forms, But nu luck.
Can someone please guide me :-(