+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi,

Sponsor filed for outland application almost a year ago for spouse but today after a year received additional document request for list of absences from Canada, proof of lease, credit card, bank, phone, drivers license in Canada. But we cannot provide some of the documents as sponsor stayed in canada for only 3 months in the past year, its due to health condition that sponsor needed family attention and couldnt stay alone, so left Canada. PA just received biometrics, no medicals yet.

In this situation, what is better option ?
1. Withdraw application - apply again later
2. Respond about reasons for sponsor's absence from Canada - is there any chance for approval still in this case ?

Could anyone suggest whats the better way ?

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Sponsor filed for outland application almost a year ago for spouse but today after a year received additional document request for list of absences from Canada, proof of lease, credit card, bank, phone, drivers license in Canada. But we cannot provide some of the documents as sponsor stayed in canada for only 3 months in the past year, its due to health condition that sponsor needed family attention and couldnt stay alone, so left Canada. PA just received biometrics, no medicals yet.
The documentation is pretty clear, the sponsor must reside in Canada throughout the process, short trips abroad are okay. Clearly the sponsor did not meet that condition.

In this situation, what is better option ?
1. Withdraw application - apply again later
2. Respond about reasons for sponsor's absence from Canada - is there any chance for approval still in this case ?
Actually the only question is whether the sponsor is back in Canada. If not in Canada, almost no chance it will proceed until he/she returns.

If not returning immediatley, withdraw and re=apply makes more sense to me.

Nicer kaga

Aug 30, 2022
I did my biometric on 17th of June 2022 but till now immigration haven't requested for my passport for the visa yet.. anyone with the same situation with me?

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
I did my biometric on 17th of June 2022 but till now immigration haven't requested for my passport for the visa yet.. anyone with the same situation with me?
Most of the people here did there biometrics last year and haven't received anything after yet

Reactions: Chaka88

param7788

Jan 6, 2015
Hi All,

So finally I got the pre arrival on 2nd Sept (just checked).My background check is still not started and I am hoping it will happen soon.

Timeline:
Applied: Aug 3rd 2021
Biometric & Medical completed: Nov 18th 2021
Eligibility started: Feb 1st 2022
Eligibility completed and Pre arrival: Sept 2nd 2022
Visa office: NDVO

Reactions: Chaka88

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hi All,

So finally I got the pre arrival on 2nd Sept (just checked).My background check is still not started and I am hoping it will happen soon.

Timeline:
Hi Any update ever since?
Seems like us august 2021 applicants only have been left out on limbo! I have seen many Sept/Oct 2021 Applicants receiving PPR from NDVO/! :(

• Sad
Reactions: param7788

param7788

Jan 6, 2015
Hi All,

So finally got the good news and received the passport request today. In the new tracker my background check is still not started. ECAS still in process.

Timeline:
Background check: Not started
PPR: Sept 29th 2022

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi All,

So finally got the good news and received the passport request today. In the new tracker my background check is still not started. ECAS still in process.

Timeline:
Congratulations

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi All,

Timeline:
I am stuck at background verification
Thats great to see this even if ur background not started u got it
A new hope created today