+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Does anyone know how long will they use this Afghanistan excuse for support center? I wanna call IRCC to ask about my application.
Try calling at 8 am in the morning, some client support center agents are kind to give an update.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
I guess after the Afghanistan excuse, they will go back to Covid excuse
Such a lame excuse. What could they possibly do by answering phones? Why not hire more immigration officers and expedite the process rather than just saying we are prioritizing it. Western politics, only talks, no walks.

TjAneja

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I just called them before an hour. They are not even ready to check the application status. The agent said she can only help with priority cases like Afghanistan crisis and asked me to check in cic website for application status. I called MP office today to follow-up on my case. I got the same reply. No luck for me today

However I forgot to ask them until when they will give this excuse. After dropping the call I just remembered that I missed asking this query.
I called them yesterday. I got the same response.

I asked them if they knew by when they will be able to check my status.
They said they don’t have any date yet . They are working on Afghanistan situation.

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Any Outland AOR August 2020 CEC Candidate from India received PPR recently, I thought by mid September Most of the Outland CEC candidates will get PPR, but it seems like ircc covid situation & Afghanistan situation is not ending, Not sure if i will be asking the same thing after 1 month on October 15, This wait time is mentally tiring.

• Sad
Reactions: Tivativalu

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
Any Outland AOR August 2020 CEC Candidate from India received PPR recently, I thought by mid September Most of the Outland CEC candidates will get PPR, but it seems like ircc covid situation & Afghanistan situation is not ending, Not sure if i will be asking the same thing after 1 month on October 15, This wait time is mentally tiring.
Same Boat Brother. AOR AUG 2020 CEC Outland.

• Sad
Reactions: jitesh2013

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
Hii everyone..
I received my first portal email on sep 09… replied 10 sep..
Still waiting for credentials…

but while replying I put my another email I’d.. which is not in ircc record…

will this delay the process… plss guide…

can I reply again…

@legalfalcon @EscoBlades

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
AOR 14, Aug 2020. Just got a ghost update this afternoon, medical changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Anyone similar?

Last edited:

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Medical was passed October 8th, isn't it valid for a year?
Don't want to get another medical.....
Valid for a year, but also needs to be valid when you travel. It can be reassessed and extended if it expires before they make a decision, or they might just ask you to complete another medical exam.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Valid for a year, but also needs to be valid when you travel. It can be reassessed and extended if it expires before they make a decision, or they might just ask you to complete another medical exam.
I've been in Canada for the past 2 years and I applied inland, I assume they will extend it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hii everyone..
I received my first portal email on sep 09… replied 10 sep..
Still waiting for credentials…

but while replying I put my another email I’d.. which is not in ircc record…

will this delay the process… plss guide…

can I reply again…

@legalfalcon @EscoBlades
No, it will have no impact.