+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Hey guys, need help/advice.

I just received a request for medical tests for my wife and 2 yr old daughter who are in India. The thing is, they got their medicals done upfront and uploaded on December 2nd, 2020. So they are still valid, why would they be asking for them again? Me and my elder daughter are here in Canada, we also had our medicals done upfront and uploaded them on August 20, 2020, when we submitted the application. Our medicals expired this august but were extended, displaying "September 3 Medicals completed". Do you think they got confused and asked for my wife younger daughter's medicals instead of mine and my elder daughter's?

I was thinking I should write a webform, informing that they already had their medicals done and upload their medical documents as proof? What should I do?
To be honest, looking back I kinda hoped they requested back in early March when everything was passed for us. At that time, the medical was still valid, but only till July, which means less than 6 months. Recently I learned on this forum that IRCC will only approve the file when the medical is valid for over 6 months. So our files were untouched for 5 months, then in late July medical expired automatically. Then after another 47 days, they requested re-medical for spouse yesterday. I think it’s a good sign.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
To be honest, looking back I kinda hoped they requested back in early March when everything was passed for us. At that time, the medical was still valid, but only till July, which means less than 6 months. Recently I learned on this forum that IRCC will only approve the file when the medical is valid for over 6 months. So our files were untouched for 5 months, then in late July medical expired automatically. Then after another 47 days, they requested re-medical for spouse yesterday. I think it’s a good sign.
I think what you said does make sense. I did my medical back in June 2020. At Feb 2021, they asked for re-medical, and I thought my medical is expiring in June 2021, so I submitted a webform with my upfront medical report saying I did it in June 2020. At March 2021, they updated my online account saying medical passed March 2021. At the same time, final shows as approved, but nothing happened since then. Called numbers of times, everyone just told me to wait and nothing I need to do. Until recently, an agent took a long time to look at my file, put me on hold for almost 20 mins, and told me my medical is expired, and without a valid medical, they cannot issue me COPR, and it shows my medical request from Feb is still pending, which holds up my file....

Reactions: rajpotula

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
I think what you said does make sense. I did my medical back in June 2020. At Feb 2021, they asked for re-medical, and I thought my medical is expiring in June 2021, so I submitted a webform with my upfront medical report saying I did it in June 2020. At March 2021, they updated my online account saying medical passed March 2021. At the same time, final shows as approved, but nothing happened since then. Called numbers of times, everyone just told me to wait and nothing I need to do. Until recently, an agent took a long time to look at my file, put me on hold for almost 20 mins, and told me my medical is expired, and without a valid medical, they cannot issue me COPR, and it shows my medical request from Feb is still pending, which holds up my file....
I did exactly as you did: sent a webform with my upfront medicals! :) Maybe I should just get it done....I had asked them to confirm if I should proceed with the medicals, so I will just wait for a week and see....if I don't get any reply by then, I will go ahead and finish the medicals. Thanks for letting me know this.

Reactions: Tivativalu

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020
AOR -30th AUG
Got an update on my profile.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 11, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

is this a good sign?

TjAneja

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
AOR -30th AUG
Got an update on my profile.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 11, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

is this a good sign?
Every moment is a good sign lol.
I have lost all hopes by now. I had a GU and my medicals were extended on 1st September 2021.
I have had nothing after that.

• Sad
Reactions: Soundarrajan

rutadily

May 13, 2021
Every moment is a good sign lol.
I have lost all hopes by now. I had a GU and my medicals were extended on 1st September 2021.
I have had nothing after that.
Sure. It means the officer already checked your application. You must have valid medical result in order to issue COPR.

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
Congratulations
For me everything was same as yours including AOR but still waiting for an approval
Seems like no hope for getting it sooner
My medical was extended recently the last one expired in June…May after extension.. there are more chances…

Or I can say the call centre lady put a emergency note on my file … May be that worked.. she told me I will approval in next month I called last 19 august

Or it was my luck..

I hope you all guys get yours soon..

Reactions: Tivativalu

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Anyone knows what means "GROUP" in GCMS?

Mine changed to 1-GMNNN4X.

Previously (in may GCMS) was no value in group, and special program PRBIO.

Ive seen on this forum that
Some people said that if you see a number there, it means that you are in queue for an interview or that you are scheduled for an interview
Can someone confirm it?

PS - The only difference in my case from may to september is "expired medicals" - maybe this group means expired.

Last edited:

V919

Apr 3, 2021
My medical was extended recently the last one expired in June…May after extension.. there are more chances…

Or I can say the call centre lady put a emergency note on my file … May be that worked.. she told me I will approval in next month I called last 19 august

Or it was my luck..

Thank you for the update and once again congratulations….

Reactions: pjsandhu

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
I did exactly as you did: sent a webform with my upfront medicals! :) Maybe I should just get it done....I had asked them to confirm if I should proceed with the medicals, so I will just wait for a week and see....if I don't get any reply by then, I will go ahead and finish the medicals. Thanks for letting me know this.
Yeah I think you should ask your dependeants in India to just get the ReMeds done. I got the same request for me and my partner. We are Outland and we got a ReMed request way back In March 2021 while the then current Medicals were still valid for 3 more months. Instead of raising a webform I asked the Medical Test Centre to check with IRCC if ReMeds have to be done. They got a reply back confirming that ReMeds have to be done as the current ones were expiring soon. Our ReMeds reflected as Passed right away after we gave the test.
Waiting for update since then with Aug 2020 AOR.
Good Luck with your application.

Reactions: rajpotula

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019

Or it was my luck..

Congratulations!! Are you an Outland Applicant ?

dsriv05

Jan 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
I have a question related to Photos for PR.

In the COPR letter they have mentioned under photo specifications that Photos must reflect your current appearance (taken within past 6 months)....Is this 6 months requirement mandatory? I have photos taken from past 8-9 months and now since with the lockdown taking photos again might delay.

Have any one else here complied to this requirement?

@legalfalcon your inputs on this will be valuable.
What specification you use for digital phot you took from yourself ?