+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
If that's the case, IRCC needs to fire the ppl who are doing nothing in the old office and hire new employees who are willing to actually process applications like officers in the new office. :)
At this point, not surprised at all. The system has always been stupid. Cant understand these imbeciles.

Reactions: HanenBlade

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Just got off phone with an very nice and helpful agent, tells me everything is passed and my application is stuck on.....drum roll.....

SECURITY!!!!

I did my best to ask about what is this step all about, but she doesn't say much other than something "international level thingy" (I thought that was for info-sharing). I told her there are tons of us are excruciating for waiting on this.

Does someone know what are they stuck on about Security for us? Are we dangerous for the modern world?

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Just got off phone with an very nice and helpful agent, tells me everything is passed and my application is stuck on.....drum roll.....

SECURITY!!!!

I did my best to ask about what is this step all about, but she doesn't say much other than something "international level thingy" (I thought that was for info-sharing). I told her there are tons of us are excruciating for waiting on this.

Does someone know what are they stuck on about Security for us? Are we dangerous for the modern world?
FYI: we (Sept AOR)'ve been stuck on Security = In Progress since the beginning of May 2021.
Some details about Security: https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020

SECURITY!!!!

Hahahaha you won’t believe I also just talked to agent and I asked him what is pending.answer is
Security
I was wondering what actually they do in security check . I was confusing it with criminality check . But what is this security and he told everything is in order and security is not started yet. Seriously pissed off

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

SECURITY!!!!

To me, our security means the "hardworking" officer press CTRL-A and click his/her left mouse button for PASS or draw clicks on our paper but apparently, they are too "busy" and not able to do that. My eligibility is still recommended pass tho, so it will take them to double the time probably.;)

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
To me, our security means the "hardworking" officer press CTRL-A and click his/her left mouse button for PASS or draw clicks on our paper but apparently, they are too "busy" and not able to do that. My eligibility is still recommended pass tho, so it will take them to double the time probably.;)
I agree. From what I gathered, many ppl received 2 GUs in 2 consecutive days, then they called and found out criminality passed and security passed. For us, received 2 consecutive GUs on 28 Feb and 1 Mar, later called and was informed everything was passed. But still nothing.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I was wondering what actually they do in security check . I was confusing it with criminality check . But what is this security and he told everything is in order and security is not started yet. Seriously pissed off
Think of it this way: Criminality is the Micro level of a Background Check, and Security is the Macro level.

The Security stage of an application is designed to conduct investigations and provide security advice to CBSA and IRCC regarding persons who might represent a threat to the national security of Canada. All permanent residence and citizenship applicants; persons applying for temporary resident visas; and persons applying for refugee status in Canada are subject to Security in some shape or form.

Although they aren't the only agency involved in the Security process, CSIS has the sole responsibility to provide security screening assessments for immigration applications originating in both Canada and the US. They are governed by the CSIS Act.

Security begins when the CSIS receives a request from a Case Processing Centre in Canada. This is why it usually only happens after Eligibility is conclusively passed; an officer has to manually initiate the request for a Security screening to begin.

The CBSA has its own Security Screening Program, and whether an applicant gets referred for Security to the CSIS or the CBSA depends on a number of factors i'm not really going to go into here. Simply put, there are 2 types of Security - Record Check (standard check that is conducted by CSIS for most inland applications) and the Comprehensive Check (conducted by all security screening partners, including the CBSA)

My gut feeling is that the agencies involved in handling the Security stage have asked IRCC to slow down requests at present, most probably due to them being affected by everyone's favorite excuse, COVID-19.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I think we all should forget 2021 now. May be security will pass in 2022 now. I mean they should be atleast clear about the status. If on the portal they say we are finalising apps from this to that date .. they should actually finalize that . Not like your application is complex might take more time, drama should not be there . One should ask them when you will process those so called complex applications then

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
I think we all should forget 2021 now. May be security will pass in 2022 now. I mean they should be atleast clear about the status. If on the portal they say we are finalising apps from this to that date .. they should actually finalize that . Not like your application is complex might take more time, drama should not be there . One should ask them when you will process those so called complex applications then
They should finalize those apps from this to that date, but they did not. I don't understand what's complex with "everything was passed". Some May June July or ever earlier still have not got approved.

• Angry

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hahahaha you won’t believe I also just talked to agent and I asked him what is pending.answer is
Security
Hmmmm, with this dedicated screen on us, I do feel pretty good, and a legit outlaw now. Hopefully they could come out of this paranoid phase, clear us sooner.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I just noticed I got a GU today.
It must be because my medical exam expired yesterday.
The part where it said in the Application status Latest update: Review of medical results - XXXXX: You passed the medical exam has disappeared.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I just noticed I got a GU today.
It must be because my medical exam expired yesterday.
The part where it said in the Application status Latest update: Review of medical results - XXXXX: You passed the medical exam has disappeared.
Shoot! Hope you don't have to do another one due to their backlog!

Naiyer

Mar 1, 2021
Can I change job if I have COPR letter. My permanent resident application already approved as CEC inland. I am currently in Canada and also got my new permanent SIN. Just want to check whether I can change job with copr letter and permanent SIN

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Can I change job if I have COPR letter. My permanent resident application already approved as CEC inland. I am currently in Canada and also got my new permanent SIN. Just want to check whether I can change job with copr letter and permanent SIN
Yes