+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, may I ask when your current WP expires? I'm on the fence about applying for WP extension. I don't really want to do it, feeling that it doesn't make sense paying more money at this point, but I can't stand the risk of going out of status neither. Mine will expire in the middle of July this year.
Mine expires in a few weeks. I had to blink first cos i have no clue when my PR file will be picked up again and like you, i don’t want being out of status to hold up my application processing.

I’m annoyed i had to shell out more money, but the game is the game i guess.

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
I don't have a confirmation portal, my copr came in an email and in the copr letter it states "The photographs must be taken by a commercial photographer".
Oh okay. On the portal, it mentions that the passport photo can also be a selfie. Hope this helps:

To submit a photo
  • upload a photo – it can be
    • a professional digital photo in JPEG or PNG format
    • a scanned professional photo (don’t take a picture of a paper photo with your digital camera or phone)
    • a selfie
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I’ve seen GCMS notes where the officer will note if the applicant has valid status in Canada prior to issuing COPR. I do not know if implied status falls under that category. @legalfalcon could probably clarify.
If you are in Canada, you have to have a valid status. Implied status is legal valid status. IF you are out of status, a visa / COPR cannot be issued.

Reactions: Vinami and Jasaman

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
If you are in Canada, you have to have a valid status. Implied status is legal valid status. IF you are out of status, a visa / COPR cannot be issued.
Thank you so much for clarify , i am on implied status so i can get COPR ? I don’t need to wait for approval of visitor visa, thay can issue me COPR before restoration of visitor visa approval??

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Mine expires in a few weeks. I had to blink first cos i have no clue when my PR file will be picked up again and like you, i don’t want being out of status to hold up my application processing.

I’m annoyed i had to shell out more money, but the game is the game i guess.
I know. You're right. The game is the game, and we have to follow their rules.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for clarify , i am on implied status so i can get COPR ? I don’t need to wait for approval of visitor visa, thay can issue me COPR before restoration of visitor visa approval??
implied status and restoration are different things. Jut because you applied for restoration, does not give you implied states.

If your TRV expired, you had to renew it and during the time that your TRV expired and a decision was made on your application to extend it would place you on implied status.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Currently if your TRV expired and you have not applied to renew it, you are out of status. If you applied for restoration, that means you lost your status.

It is important to note that an applicant can only restore to an authorization that they held immediately prior to the restoration application. As an example, a student who lost their status cannot apply to restore status with authorization as a worker.

Note: Section R182 only applies if the temporary resident

• has not been out of status for more than 90 consecutive days
  • has not failed to comply with conditions other than paragraph R185(a), any of subparagraphs R185(b)(i) to (iii) or paragraph R185(c)
  • is not subject of a declaration under subsection A22.1(1)
Continuation of work or study
Foreign nationals applying for restoration have lost their status and may not continue to work or attend school until their status has been restored and a new work or study permit has been issued.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html

Reactions: Jasaman and Vinami

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
I have one more enquiry please, i was out of status from November till April, I applied restoration of my visitor visa on paper based , is there anything else i need to do more to show ircc that I applied my visitor visa restoration?? And on paper based application we don’t receive any account massage of receiving my application?? Because I didn’t receive any message but i send my paper based application on 14 April by speed post because it exeeds 90 days limit, online can’t do that @legalfalcon

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
implied status and restoration are different things. Jut because you applied for restoration, does not give you implied states.

If your TRV expired, you had to renew it and during the time that your TRV expired and a decision was made on your application to extend it would place you on implied status.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Currently if your TRV expired and you have not applied to renew it, you are out of status. If you applied for restoration, that means you lost your status.

It is important to note that an applicant can only restore to an authorization that they held immediately prior to the restoration application. As an example, a student who lost their status cannot apply to restore status with authorization as a worker.

Note: Section R182 only applies if the temporary resident

• has not been out of status for more than 90 consecutive days
  • has not failed to comply with conditions other than paragraph R185(a), any of subparagraphs R185(b)(i) to (iii) or paragraph R185(c)
  • is not subject of a declaration under subsection A22.1(1)
Continuation of work or study
Foreign nationals applying for restoration have lost their status and may not continue to work or attend school until their status has been restored and a new work or study permit has been issued.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html
So if applied of restoration of visitor visa i can’t stay here while iam also waiting for my PR application

james brown 123

Apr 21, 2021
They just sent my correct COPR after the mistake yesterday. Quick question though they said to send them photos with the COPR letter. DO I have to wait until I get access online or I have to do like canada post?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
That means you received COPR on implied status ??
Yes. So the timeline is kind of weird.

My WP was expiring on 09th April.
my PR application got approved on 17th March but they didn't send a COPR by 20th March. So, I applied for BOWP to be on safer side. I got my COPR on 21st April and therefore i was on implied status by then.

Reactions: Jasaman

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Did your BOWP get approved at all? Cos i remember you applied for your BOWP after your got approval for PR, but were waiting for your COPR document correct?
No, they didn't approve it. I spoke to the attorney of the company who applied it and they said that they'll cancel the BOWP.