Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon for your prompt reply. Will the date on the photo matter in that case? as it will be 9-10 months old.
You cannot submit a photo that is dated and more than 6 months old.

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
I have a question related to Photos for PR.

In the COPR letter they have mentioned under photo specifications that Photos must reflect your current appearance (taken within past 6 months)....Is this 6 months requirement mandatory? I have photos taken from past 8-9 months and now since with the lockdown taking photos again might delay.

Have any one else here complied to this requirement?

@legalfalcon your inputs on this will be valuable.
If you read their photo requirements on the confirmation portal under "Uploading and submitting photos", it clearly says you can also take the photo yourself. That's what I did. They had my photo from eight months ago at the time of AOR. So didn't want to risk submitting it again.

Last edited:

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
If you read their photo requirements on the confirmation portal under "Uploading and submitting photos", it clearly says you can also take the photo yourself. That's what I did. They had my photo from eight months ago at the time of AOR. So didn't want to risk submitting it again.
I don't have a confirmation portal, my copr came in an email and in the copr letter it states "The photographs must be taken by a commercial photographer".

BossB

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hi everyone, just a quick one. The New application for International student and CEC coming up May 6th, can we also apply for that as this express entry thingy is taking a lot of time. I am on 9months still counting, I am getting tired of the wait.

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Likewise, my temp residency will expired at the end of the month, will have to apply again. According to a friend, he received his coPR (by paper) before he received his approval on extend of Visitor visa. But he was an applicant of QC skilled worker program, I'm not sure if it's the same thing.
Hope so i will get my COPR on implied status . I am all stages passed on 26 march

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
I’ve seen GCMS notes where the officer will note if the applicant has valid status in Canada prior to issuing COPR. I do not know if implied status falls under that category. @legalfalcon could probably clarify.
Hope so i will get COPR soon because it will take upto 5 months for approval of restoration of visitor visa , if they hold my file till that time i will exceed one year period

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Well, i'm going to have to apply for a BOWP, because this damn process has taking so bloody long. Sigh.
Hi, may I ask when your current WP expires? I'm on the fence about applying for WP extension. I don't really want to do it, feeling that it doesn't make sense paying more money at this point, but I can't stand the risk of being out of status neither. Mine will expire in the middle of July this year.

Last edited: