+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

gogi131

Apr 8, 2021
Congrats . Same AOR hope good news soon , can u please share after passing all stages how much time took for approval, mine all stages passed by end of march no approval yet
So I got my first ever GU on march 23, then 2 more on 24,25. After that silence, called agent on next monday march 29th, she said all passed, waiting for final decision. Today the decision has been made, April 9, took about 16 days.. The weird thing is, I was mad and scared at the same time, because I have the same progess on all my stages since I submitted my bio and medicals, nothing was moving. Once final decision made, I am able to see when background check and eligibility were completed.

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me, what does it mean if file goes to local office? And I have been reading people mentioning about secondary office, is the local office and secondary office mean same?

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
So I got my first ever GU on march 23, then 2 more on 24,25. After that silence, called agent on next monday march 29th, she said all passed, waiting for final decision. Today the decision has been made, April 9, took about 16 days.. The weird thing is, I was mad and scared at the same time, because I have the same progess on all my stages since I submitted my bio and medicals, nothing was moving. Once final decision made, I am able to see when background check and eligibility were completed.
Same here agent told all stages passed but on my profile everything in processing nothing changed ,dont know why

V919

Apr 3, 2021
AOR Aug 20! Finally got approved, waiting for a golden email.
Congratulations n I am happy for you.
I have same AOR and when I called them last time on 30th March, agent said everything passed except eligibility which is recommended pass. Seems like my file got stuck somewhere.

Reactions: gogi131

Naiyer

Mar 1, 2021
I am on my 4th week waiting for eCOPR after getting approved on the Portal. The COPR document number shows on the CIC account but no COPR pdf yet.

It is getting increasingly frustrating:(
I would suggest u should raise web form immediately

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
@GV27 @Jasaman @Naiyer
I had called them today-- the agent told me that all stages passed means your residency application is approved and forwarded to the local office in your city. That office issues you the COPR letter. The letter will come within a month (for Etobicoke, Toronto). That said, the online profile still might show old status due to their ancient technology.

Last edited:

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Does anyone know if I can call the CIC by myself (not asking my immigration agent to call) and ask for the status? My agent seems to be super busy to make a call .I have all the info of my application.

ProfessorAugust

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Unknown
AOR Received.
August,2020
@GV27 @Jasaman @Naiyer
I had called them today-- the agent told me that all stages passed means your residency application is approved and forwarded to the local office in your city. That office issues you the COPR letter. The letter will come within a month (for Etobicoke, Toronto). That said, the online profile still might show old status due to their ancient technology.
When was the last time they passed everything? Do you know timeline?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hi everyone, My AOR is 24 August, CEC inland, all stages passed since the end of March. I live close to Halifax, Nova Scotia so I guess my local visa office is Sydney, NS. Has anyone received CoPR from Sydney visa office recently? What is the timeline from all stages passed to CoPR for Sydney VO? Please let me know, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JunedS

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
HI,guys who got copr recently congratulations,I want to know from all stages passed waiting for final decision to approval to copr,how long it takes? Plz reply am very depressed waiting

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Called agent just now and here is the status

Eligibility: Passed 7th April 2021
Criminality: Passed 7th April 2021
Info sharing: Complete Jan 28th 2021
Security: Not started

CEC inland with 1 dependent (also inland)
AOR 30th Aug, VO Ottawa
I see 3rd GU on my application/profile.

Reactions: Vinami