+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Did any one call today? I just called couple of mins back, when I press 0 to speak to an agent the automated voice says the call centers are currently closed and it goes in loop to ask the menu options. Any one facing the same?
If I am not mistaken, government employees get Easter Monday off

Reactions: JunedS

lins90

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-08-2020
LANDED..........
29-08-2021
Any updates for today after holidays ?

Reactions: shredder

Priya surve

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
HELP NEEDED

I and my spouse both have masters degree from canada.
Today we received additional document request.
Client Information: Please submit a Canadian equivalence evaluation for your foreign education
(bachelor degree or any other ).
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
I don't understand why would they ask this.
The point is it requires 35 days to get ECA.
What are our options now.

Priya surve

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
As long as you have master degree and your higher education from canada you don’t need to do ECA
I completely understand that.. but the application could be refused as incomplete.
so what are my options?
Also there is no option to upload additional document.

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
HELP NEEDED

I and my spouse both have masters degree from canada.
Today we received additional document request.
Client Information: Please submit a Canadian equivalence evaluation for your foreign education
(bachelor degree or any other ).
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
I don't understand why would they ask this.
The point is it requires 35 days to get ECA.
What are our options now.
You get separate points for foreign education. That's most likely why an equivalence assessment is needed, despite your Canadian masters.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html

When you submit your application, it asks for the ECA number. Only then you get foreign education points for ITA. If you know that you haven't claimed points for Foreign Education, then you can just submit a letter. And of course, you can clarify this by calling the call center. Usually, they are helpful.

To find the upload option, please use Internet Explorer. Usually, Chrome has the problem of not showing the option.

Reactions: Priya surve

lmrgk

Jan 22, 2020
Hello
I NEED HELP REGARDING PERSONAL ACTIVITIES.

What should I Select if a person is on maternity leave.
Unemployed or homemaker

lmrgk

Jan 22, 2020
If one is on Maternity leave then they are still employed and getting paid, no?
Candidate worked for one year from 1 January 2019 till 31 january 2020 and took one month leave from 1 oct to 31 oct 2019 for delivery.

After 31 January 2020, she left the job and then in may 2020, she claimed maternity leave.

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Candidate worked for one year from 1 January 2019 till 31 january 2020 and took one month leave from 1 oct to 31 oct 2019 for delivery.

After 31 January 2020, she left the job and then in may 2020, she claimed maternity leave.
Will she going back to work there?
Saw this online:
Employers aren't required to pay wages or benefits during leave, unless stated in an employment contract or collective agreement. Employees on maternity or parental leave are considered to be continuously employed, for the purposes of calculating years of service.

lmrgk

Jan 22, 2020
Will she going back to work there?
Saw this online:
Employers aren't required to pay wages or benefits during leave, unless stated in an employment contract or collective agreement. Employees on maternity or parental leave are considered to be continuously employed, for the purposes of calculating years of service.
B

No she will not back to work .
Firstly, she took one and half months maternity leave.

After getting one year work experience, she left the job.

After few months, she claimed maternity benefits and is still getting now.
So, what should she select in personal activities.
Employed, unemployed or home maker

Last edited: