+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You single? My consultant said my application may take longer because I have a dependent. I also lived in 2 other countries other than Canada so I'm not sure if that also delays applications.
Yeah i'm a single applicant. It is funny, i noticed that a lot of the recent approvals had dependents, so I assumed that, combined with IT/programming NOCs were being prioritized.

CAP5

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Yeah i'm a single applicant. It is funny, i noticed that a lot of the recent approvals had dependents, so I assumed that, combined with IT/programming NOCs were being prioritized.
I have both... Dependents and IT/programming NOC... but still no updates... Just saying :)

sunshinechimp

Mar 29, 2021
I called IRCC on the 29th Mar. and the agent told me that everything has passed and just wait for the final approval. On the website, it's still showing "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "we are processing your background check". Does any one know how long will this generally take for the approval?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Yeah my assumption was likely incorrect. IRCC continue to work at random
Can confirm. Got my approval on 17th, still waiting for COPR document. 2 of my colleagues got approved last week Friday and go their COPR yesterday and Today.

Reactions: CAP5

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I called IRCC on the 29th Mar. and the agent told me that everything has passed and just wait for the final approval. On the website, it's still showing "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "we are processing your background check". Does any one know how long will this generally take for the approval?
Typically 1-2 week to formally get approved in portal. If Lucky then 1 day.

Reactions: sunshinechimp

battleship

Feb 2, 2020
just wondering if I keep logging in to my account too often is it going to kick the officer working on my file out of their system?

Last edited:

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
How long did you have to stand in line? + If you are employed you have to take time off from work to go there, which is really inconvenient.

All my experiences with Service Canada were not so good, so I will probably prefer online when the time comes. :)
I went by 11 AM on a weekday, It was pretty much empty, there were more staffs than visitors. lol!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
just wondering if I keep logging in to my account too often is it going to kick the officer working on my file out of their system?
LOLno

Called IRCC just now
AOR-31st August CEC Inland with dependent (Spouse)
VO Ottawa
Eligibility- Passed
Medical-Passed
Biometrics-Complete
Criminality- Finalizing (As per ircc agent)
Info Sharing-Complete
Security- Not started

Last worked on file-Mar 27th
Did you get a ghost update between Monday and today?

Last edited:

Sweta1990

Oct 4, 2018
Hi can anyone help me here? I make a mistake , m a cec candidate, while creating a profile I made a mistake ,I said yes in the column of " intend to work in Canada" without knowing dats for lmia purpose, now I have received an ita n I have realised my mistake and wanted to change it, can I change it n say no coz it never added any points in my profile.
Plz if u guys have any idea let me know