+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Walking in to near by Service Canada was much quicker! I got my SIN with in few mins.
How long did you have to stand in line? + If you are employed you have to take time off from work to go there, which is really inconvenient.

All my experiences with Service Canada were not so good, so I will probably prefer online when the time comes. :)

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
How long did you have to stand in line? + If you are employed you have to take time off from work to go there, which is really inconvenient.

All my experiences with Service Canada were not so good, so I will probably prefer online when the time comes. :)
Last time i went to renew my SIN, i got to the Service Canada near my work right as it opened. Waited in line for 6 mins, then got it done in half that time. YMMV.

Didi01

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
AOR 25. VO Ottawa. 1 inland dependent
Just called CIC and no updates. Pretty much everything still in progress.
I guess I won't see any light at the end of the tunnel for at least another few weeks.
Is your eligibility passed and security in progress ?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR 25. VO Ottawa. 1 inland dependent
Just called CIC and no updates. Pretty much everything still in progress.
I guess I won't see any light at the end of the tunnel for at least another few weeks.
As soon as someone actually picks up our files, i bet we clear the remaining stages quickly. Its just the waiting to get to the point where someone in Ottawa gets to our files. Hang in there.

Reactions: sponsort

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
hi all. I got approved on 17th March. I am still awaiting the COPR document and it has been 14 days today. Can someone advise what is the next process to check on it or expedite it?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Is your eligibility passed and security in progress ?
When I first called about a month ago, it was rec pass.
Today the agent just went: "your application is still in progress", so I asked her if she could go a bit more into details because I wanted to confirm if at least Eligibility had turned into passed. But all she said it was in progress. So it actually went backwards (or she sees rec pass as "in progress").
I believe she said security not started.
I'm gonna have to wait for my GCMS notes to see what it truly is. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
When I first called about a month ago, it was rec pass.
Today the agent just went: "your application is still in progress", so I asked her if she could go a bit more into details because I wanted to confirm if at least Eligibility had turned into passed. But all she said it was in progress. So it actually went backwards (or she sees rec pass as "in progress").
I believe she said security not started.
I'm gonna have to wait for my GCMS notes to see what it truly is. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago.
Unless a stage is conclusively passed, the call center agents will tell you it is “in progress”. Which is technically true.

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
As soon as someone actually picks up our files, i bet we clear the remaining stages quickly. Its just the waiting to get to the point where someone in Ottawa gets to our files. Hang in there.
You single? My consultant said my application may take longer because I have a dependent. I also lived in 2 other countries other than Canada so I'm not sure if that also delays applications.