+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
To my curiosity I was looking at AOR Sep 2020 thread and see folks from mid Sep and last all of their stages have passed or seeing GU's. Still wonder how are they processing it or are we just the unlucky ones still waiting for GU's.

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
To my curiosity I was looking at AOR Sep 2020 thread and see folks from mid Sep and last all of their stages have passed or seeing GU's. Still wonder how are they processing it or are we just the unlucky ones still waiting for GU's.
They don't go in order - Its all over the place haha People in early 2020 still waiting :eek:

Sep 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-20-2020
Hi guys.
I just called IRCC after I received a gost update on Friday. Agent told me all is passed now. Before, it was: eligibility passed, criminality in progress, security not started.
The only thing is that I am a bit scheptical about the agent information because he did not ask me to wait to see my file, like others did un the pass. It was like, he asked me for information and app number, then I asked him and right the way he said all is passed, still in process.
Anyway... Hopefully it is true!!!!
Good luck everyone.
Keep swimming!!
Congrats!!!

This happened to me on Friday. I called, the agent said everything was passed but the profile still showed in progress in the portal. I logged in today and now it says "Approved".

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
They don't go in order - Its all over the place haha People in early 2020 still waiting :eek:
Seems there’s no quality control in IRCC. Like someone should monitor the officers and ensure the people waiting the longest are processed earliest. How does one explain their modus operandi. It’s all shrouded in mystery. One can be excused for thinking the approval decisions are made based on some hidden protected ground.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I've mostly tried to stop looking at other month AOR threads. I always knew that IRCC generally don't process in chronological order, but seeing September, October, and November 2020 AORs getting COPRs was really deflating tbh. The wait continues.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Seems there’s no quality control in IRCC. Like someone should monitor the officers and ensure the people waiting the longest are processed earliest. How does one explain their modus operandi. It’s all shrouded in mystery. One can be excused for thinking the approval decisions are made based on some hidden protected ground.
There was an interview with Marco Mendicino a few weeks ago where he was asked about how to speed up applications and he said that basically officers needed to be "creative with policies", in other words, be "flexible and innovative".
I guess very few listened to him if this message was actually said to them.

Youtube search for "Envoy Conversations: Canadian Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino" and go to 47:16.

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I do understand that if the applications are very easy ones then they can go ahead and process irrespective of AOR dates and also based on the priority of NOC's or single applicants but then our applications do not seem to be complex at least do no not see anything in GCMS notes and still wonder why not process them. For example my file was last touched on 28th Jan and when I called on 18th of March it was not touched yet, then in that case it is onto IRCC and I think in that case they can pick up such ones process them and if still waiting on something then go ahead and start processing other AOR's or later ones from Sep or Oct or so on.....but looks like that is not the case they just don't touch the file for long time and mean time process later AOR's.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There was an interview with Marco Mendicino a few weeks ago where he was asked about how to speed up applications and he said that basically officers needed to be "creative with policies", in other words, be "flexible and innovative".
I guess very few listened to him if this message was actually said to them.

Youtube search for "Envoy Conversations: Canadian Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino" and go to 47:16.
I know a media trained, PR answer when i hear one. He can keep harping on about that all day long. I don't believe him.

Here's the thing. IRCC will ALWAYS act under the authority of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and instruct their officers to maintain and ensure program integrity - "They have the responsibility to ensure the integrity of the immigration program and the prevention of fraud. The IRPA and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations establish the requirements to make a determination on eligibility and admissibility to Canada."

This gives IRCC officers incredible legal leeway and protections to do what they need to/ want, under the guise of protecting program integrity. Unless the IRPA guidelines suddenly change to allow more flexibility and innovation, nothing Mendicino says via soundbites will make any immediate difference in the short term.

I don't mean to sound cynical here folks.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy