Jul 30, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
No, once you have your COPR (and are inland), any temporary status becomes void. The COPR is your official document of status until you get your PR card. You can use it to apply for a new SIN, etc.
Thank you for confirmation and your quick response @EscoBlades :)

Reactions: EscoBlades

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
Once you received COPR > sent your photo and docs and waiting for the PR card> do you need to apply for the Bridging Permit, considering it may take some time to receive a card? My visa expires in June.

Or no need? COPR is enough to stay in permanent Canada?
No need. Once you get copr , you are a permanent resident .

Reactions: jp2020

Wolfien

Mar 12, 2021
Hey Congrats,

Could you please help me with one thing
my application also passed all 2 weeks back from today.. when you say you got approved 2 weeks back do you mean all stages passed or did you actually see approval on your profile?

Thanks!
Sorry bud, I am not sure. I got the email asking for address 2 weeks ago, I am assuming that all stages were passed at that point. My attorney told me that it was showing approved status during the starting of this week.

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just received an email today (allegedly from IRCC) saying that my application is ready to be finalized and asking to confirm my address, spelling of my name, dependents, and whether I’m in Canada or not. But there’s no update on my account, and the email looks kind of sus
Can anyone confirm if that’s real? Did you guys also receive anything like that?
Maybe I’m just being paranoid but I know there are so many scams out there, I just want to make sure!
Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: shredder

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

I just received an email today (allegedly from IRCC) saying that my application is ready to be finalized and asking to confirm my address, spelling of my name, dependents, and whether I’m in Canada or not. But there’s no update on my account, and the email looks kind of sus
Can anyone confirm if that’s real? Did you guys also receive anything like that?
Maybe I’m just being paranoid but I know there are so many scams out there, I just want to make sure!
Thanks!
Yes a number of applicants receive this email. Your COPR is close by. Congrats!

Edit: You could always call IRCC on Monday if you want to confirm that it isn’t a scam and put your mind at ease.

Last edited:

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
That’s the golden ticket! Congrats

Reactions: shredder

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
Yes a number of applicants receive this email. Your COPR is close by. Congrats!

Edit: You could always call IRCC on Monday if you want to confirm that it isn’t a scam and put your mind at ease.
Thanks! That's good to know. I might give them a call just to confirm, but I've noticed it comes from a gc.ca email account, so I believe that's correct. Thank you!

Reactions: EscoBlades