+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
I’ve ordered 3 in total. 2 from CBSA and 1 from IRCC. The first CBSA one came in 6 days in December so was super close to the first IRCC one i ordered.
Going to order mine from CBSA this time.Previously ordered one from CBSA and 2 from IRCC. Both arrived at the same time

madhu19

Mar 9, 2021
Congratulations to those who got their confirmation!!:D:D
My AOR came on AUG 4, 2020. it says they're processing the background check. what do you think? ( I don't have much info as only my representative can access the online account.)
Now, sorry I'm going a bit off the topic but I need help. My post didn't get any response so posting it here.

I'm looking to apply for the BOWP. Any help is appreciated.

This is my current situation;
-Received AOR on AUG 4, 2020 under Canadian Experience Class
-Currently on LMIA based work permit (laid off due to Covid). expires June 2021

Looking for the following answers;
1. Will the BOWP act as a regular open work permit?
2. Will I be able to work on implied BOWP status (with the same or any other employer)?
3. If I do not receive a decision and my status expires, will I be able to remain in Canada on implied BOWP status?

Thank you!

Northbay1212

Oct 30, 2020
Do you mind telling me which additional documents were requested, and how long has it been since the submission?

Also-- congratulations to everyone who has received their approvals!
T4 and notice of assessment. I submitted it on Jan 27th. Finally on March 19th, it went from we are reviewing to N/A

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
T4 and notice of assessment. I submitted it on Jan 27th. Finally on March 19th, it went from we are reviewing to N/A
Thanks for responding. I got asked on March 12. So, damn, the idea of this taking another two months is not what I am hoping for!

Edit: To a previous question, I had ordered GCMS on Oct 23, which was responded to on Nov 23.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Congratulations to those who got their confirmation!!:D:D
My AOR came on AUG 4, 2020. it says they're processing the background check. what do you think? ( I don't have much info as only my representative can access the online account.)
Now, sorry I'm going a bit off the topic but I need help. My post didn't get any response so posting it here.

I'm looking to apply for the BOWP. Any help is appreciated.

This is my current situation;
-Received AOR on AUG 4, 2020 under Canadian Experience Class
-Currently on LMIA based work permit (laid off due to Covid). expires June 2021

Looking for the following answers;
1. Will the BOWP act as a regular open work permit?
2. Will I be able to work on implied BOWP status (with the same or any other employer)?
3. If I do not receive a decision and my status expires, will I be able to remain in Canada on implied BOWP status?

Thank you!
1. Yes.
2. Yes. You can continue working with current employer. However, it's hard to get a new job when you mention about your implied status.
3. Yes. As long as your applications(PR and BOWP) are under process, you can continue staying and working in Canada.

Good news is BOWP is not taking too many days for processing (roughly one month, as seen in BOWP trackers). Good luck!

madhu19

Mar 9, 2021
1. Yes.
2. Yes. You can continue working with current employer. However, it's hard to get a new job when you mention about your implied status.
3. Yes. As long as your applications(PR and BOWP) are under process, you can continue staying and working in Canada.

Good news is BOWP is not taking too many days for processing (roughly one month, as seen in BOWP trackers). Good luck!
Hey!! Thank you so very much!! :D

Reactions: RoverMover

jp2020

Jul 30, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Just called IRCC for an update as I got 2 ghost updates on March 15 and March 16.

AOR: August 10
VO: Ottawa
All stages are passed, he said to wait for the final decision. :eek:

I had absolutely no changes to my account though, even for Additional documents it is still saying "We don't need additional documents". I am wondering how long it will take for me to actually get a COPR.

But good news for all mid-August folks :)

Last edited:

jp2020

Jul 30, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Once you received COPR > sent your photo and docs and waiting for the PR card> do you need to apply for the Bridging Permit, considering it may take some time to receive a card? My visa expires in June.

Or no need? COPR is enough to stay in Canada?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Once you received COPR > sent your photo and docs and waiting for the PR card> do you need to apply for the Bridging Permit, considering it may take some time to receive a card? My visa expires in June.

Or no need? COPR is enough to stay in Canada?
No, once you have your COPR (and are inland), any temporary status becomes void. The COPR is your official document of status until you get your PR card. You can use it to apply for a new SIN, etc. You can also now freely work anywhere in Canada, for any employer.