+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
These are the stat questions

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificate de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Thank you. Ok so for me, for previous study permit application I got refused once because of only an error in documentation which I mentioned in my life. I see it in my notes too. Could that be a valid reason?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
No worries! Honestly, I don't really trust the officers tbh. GCMS notes is the best way to read into your status imo. I applied for mine almost 2 months ago, and still haven't received it. Maybe they don't want to release it lol.
The ATIP division sometimes asks for extensions when it comes to releasing GCMS notes. After 30 days, they should have informed you if this was the case.

How long does the Department have to respond?

A:
Both Acts allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. However, this period may be extended for limited and specific reasons identified in the Acts. For instance, extensions may be taken if:

1. the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution;
  2. consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot be completed within the original time limit; or
  3. additional time is necessary for translation purposes or for converting personal information into an alternative format.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do

Note: The ATIP division is separate from the department that processes applications.

Reactions: dgeorge

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
The ATIP division sometimes asks for extensions when it comes to releasing GCMS notes. After 30 days, they should have informed you if this was the case.

How long does the Department have to respond?

A:
Both Acts allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. However, this period may be extended for limited and specific reasons identified in the Acts. For instance, extensions may be taken if:

1. the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution;
  2. consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot be completed within the original time limit; or
  3. additional time is necessary for translation purposes or for converting personal information into an alternative format.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do
I think I bought it through getgcms or something. I've already emailed them and I did see the link you mentioned. But no automatic response from them after the 30-day limit

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I think I bought it through getgcms or something. I've already emailed them and I did see the link you mentioned. But no automatic response from them after the 30-day limit
You'll get it eventually. Next time, if you are in Canada, you can order them yourself directly, for free. And if you order them from the CBSA, then there will be less redactions in your file as well (usually Security information)

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
You'll get it eventually. Next time, if you are in Canada, you can order them yourself directly, for free. And if you order them from the CBSA, then there will be less redactions in your file as well (usually Security information)
Do you know how long it takes if we order something from CBSA?

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Thank you. Ok so for me, for previous study permit application I got refused once because of only an error in documentation which I mentioned in my life. I see it in my notes too. Could that be a valid reason?
If you answered yes then they will put it as review required. Still confused are you worried that there is review required or if you still not have got gcms or if the status is still same?

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
If you answered yes then they will put it as review required. Still confused are you worried that there is review required or if you still not have got gcms or if the status is still same?
Yea I have ordered 2 GCMS till now - it clearly says it’s in review required. It’s probably nothing to worry but just for my curiosity I wanna understand what made it go in RR. When I read notes by agent it said Canadian institution and referred to an edoc. That EDOC number was for my degrees/diploma stuff. My study was done in Canada only. Anyways, that’s why was wondering what could cause it. Any opinions?

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
It automatically may have gone into review required due to me answering yes but I did mention to them it was only an error in documentation

RameshKR

Feb 19, 2021
Is there anyone with August AOR who hasn't yet gotten COPR/Approval. Seems like most people have already gotten it?

AOR - 08 August 2020
Medical Results passed - 01 Oct 2020
Additional documents requested - 01 Oct 2020
Additional documents submitted - 14 Oct 2020
Additional documents reviewing - 15 Oct 2020
Biometrics Request Date - 01 Oct 2020
Biometrics completed - 02 Nov 2020

Not Yet .. Even eligibility is in progress

DreamCanadian2020

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-10-2020
Is there anyone with August AOR who hasn't yet gotten COPR/Approval. Seems like most people have already gotten it?
Aug 9 AOR
Elgibility In progess
Criminality Not Started
Security Not Started