***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hey guys,
Got approval on web portal today.
AOR Aug 01, 2020
GU: Monday, March 8
And it shows that my background check was completed on march 8 as well.
I called ircc last Wednesday and everything was still the same (since last 3 months) i.e. eligibility recommended pass, Criminality in progress and security not started.
So in my opinion, they are processing files at a good pace just not updating it regularly.
So, hang in there!! PR coming sooner than later for everyone!
I got a GU update on Monday! Hoping for some good news soon!

abinition

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys,
Got approval on web portal today.
AOR Aug 01, 2020
GU: Monday, March 8
And it shows that my background check was completed on march 8 as well.
I called ircc last Wednesday and everything was still the same (since last 3 months) i.e. eligibility recommended pass, Criminality in progress and security not started.
So in my opinion, they are processing files at a good pace just not updating it regularly.
So, hang in there!! PR coming sooner than later for everyone!
God bless you for the good words :)

Reactions: pr13

ltt_1228

Aug 6, 2020
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
21-08-2020
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Anyone got below message under Application Status on the Account Home page? I do not see any unread messages at the home page bottom.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Anyone got below message under Application Status on the Account Home page? I do not see any unread messages at the home page bottom.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
Default setting for every application that exceeded the usual 6-month period.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
CEC Inland:
AOR: August 10.

MEP/BIL: Sep 29
Biometrics Given: Nov 4
Eligibility: In Progress
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started

I called CIC a few days ago (after a whole month) and she mentioned that there was no "Review Required" from what she could see, but idk. Already ordered GCMS notes on Jan 25 (almost 2 whole months before :( ) and still waiting. I'm getting worried :( :(

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
CEC Inland:

I called CIC a few days ago (after a whole month) and she mentioned that there was no "Review Required" from what she could see, but idk. Already ordered GCMS notes on Jan 25 (almost 2 whole months before :( ) and still waiting. I'm getting worried :( :(
Im on the same boat. Aor: Aug 23. Lets hope for the best. Principal applicant with 1 dependent.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
CEC Inland:

Same Boat - AOR August 04 :)

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
CEC Inland:

Typically if you do everything correctly, there shouldn’t be any review required. It happens when see something is missing or suspicious.

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
CEC Inland:

If you have said yes for STAT question, then its common to see Review Required. Nothing to be worried.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
CEC Inland:

If there is no review required (like you mentioned) then you have nothing to worry about. Just have to wait for a Senior Officer to pick up your file.

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
If you have said yes for STAT question, then its common to see Review Required. Nothing to be worried.
Can you tell me what is this stat questions. I see it everywhere but don’t remember what it was. My aor is July 2020. Is it the questions at the End of the gcms? Please tell me. Thanks

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Can you tell me what is this stat questions. I see it everywhere but don’t remember what it was. My aor is July 2020. Is it the questions at the End of the gcms? Please tell me. Thanks
These are the stat questions

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificate de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Reactions: dgeorge