+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Thanks, I will wait. In case I hear anything, I will let you know.
Sure mate, but I hear that there is no more portal, you will have to send photo along with eCOPR to local VO after they send the eCOPR email. Not sure, there are a lots of contradictory information out there so we just have to wait for the email.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi all. last year one of my collage got his COPR in early December. The IRCC called him to check if he is in Canada and to confirm his address . Are they still making those calls or its all through the COPR email and CIC account update?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi all. last year one of my collage got his COPR in early December. The IRCC called him to check if he is in Canada and to confirm his address . Are they still making those calls or its all through the COPR email and CIC account update?
It varies.
  • Some applicants get the call to confirm thy are in Canada, and then issued their COPR shortly after.
  • Some just get the approval in their CIC portal, followed by a COPR document (usually via email) and instructions on how to apply for their PR card after that.
  • Some applicants get an invite to the confirmation portal, where all of the above can be done.
    • In the case of the portal, this was a test IRCC was running out of a select number of Visa Offices, for inland applicants. The assumption is that once they gather enough data on its effectiveness, they'll roll it out to include ALL inland applicants
Hope that helps.

Reactions: mudjawd

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
It varies.
  • Some applicants get the call to confirm thy are in Canada, and then issued their COPR shortly after.
  • Some just get the approval in their CIC portal, followed by a COPR document (usually via email) and instructions on how to apply for their PR card after that.
  • Some applicants get an invite to the confirmation portal, where all of the above can be done.
    • In the case of the portal, this was a test IRCC was running out of a select number of Visa Offices, for inland applicants. The assumption is that once they gather enough data on its effectiveness, they'll roll it out to include ALL inland applicants
Hope that helps.
It does. Thanks a lot.