+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
As far as I see, they are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions (which is CEC applicants).
What about this particular date ??? Will they not consider cec applications b4 this date?? And thanks for replying

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
What about this particular date ??? Will they not consider cec applications b4 this date?? And thanks for replying
I think this means they have started working on applications received from that date as well as files in backlog due to covid. They are also saying there could be delay due to backlog because of covid -19 so it means they will processs applications before that date.

Reactions: Kpzbenju

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hey Guys,

1 update today, but no Email came with it.

in the account page, PR application turned to "Profile updated", but no update actually made.

My AOR is Aug 22nd.

What does it mean, this update?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey Guys,

1 update today, but no Email came with it.

in the account page, PR application turned to "Profile updated", but no update actually made.

My AOR is Aug 22nd.

What does it mean, this update?
There's no way any of us can know what is in your application. Call IRCC to find out or order GCMS notes. Or just be patient.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
There's no way any of us can know what is in your application. Call IRCC to find out or order GCMS notes. Or just be patient.
Oh, Thank you for replying. Icic.

I just thought, this is one of those "Ghost update" represent something. Like the application in which step.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I did order the note before, took about a month to Email back to me. And the note was already 1 month old, all the information on that are old too. I thought this service used to be very fast.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I did order the note before, took about a month to Email back to me. And the note was already 1 month old. I thought this service used to be very fast.
GCMS notes have never been 'fast'. Access to Information and Privacy (the mechanism by which you order GCMS notes) allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. However, this period may be extended for limited and specific reasons.

In short, GCMS notes almost always take at least 30 calendar days to arrive. You order them based on that knowledge. Hence why some people call to get real time updates. Your application is your own, no one here can tell you what stage it is at based on a Ghost Update.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
GCMS notes have never been 'fast'. Access to Information and Privacy (the mechanism by which you order GCMS notes) allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. However, this period may be extended for limited and specific reasons.

In short, GCMS notes almost always take at least 30 calendar days to arrive. You order them based on that knowledge. Hence why some people call to get real time updates. Your application is your own, no one here can tell you what stage it is at based on a Ghost Update.
Ic, thank you so much for the detailed reply.

Like your nametag btw.