FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
What exactly is a ghost update? How do you know if you got one?
When you log in, the application says “Application/Profile Updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being “Submitted”. Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Ok. All mine is saying is action required for biometrics so I won’t know if it has been updated.
That’s different. You’d see visible updates on biometrics. Ghost updates, you mostly don’t see any update but your application was updated.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
When you log in, the application says “Application/Profile Updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being “Submitted”. Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
What if some one miss those ghost updates while application is in-progress? Does that make such impact or delay in application process? Just want to understand what exactly happens if some one miss that? TIA

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
What if some one miss those ghost updates while application is in-progress? Does that make such impact or delay in application process? Just want to understand what exactly happens if some one miss that? TIA
Oh no, missing it doesn’t impact or delay the application process. Some just like to catch these ghost updates cos it gives the feeling that the application is being worked on. Those who catch ghost updates log into their profiles regularly. Ghost updates don’t come with emails cos no new information is needed from the applicant. If IRCC needs something from you, they will also send an email that will alert you to log into your myCIC account.

Jarell

Sep 4, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The appointment was only for myself. I asked and they said my wife will get another phone call to book hers.
They give you a number of Canada Services Centers for you to pick (also time slots) closest to your location.
May I ask if you are in Toronto?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Its ok, no impact:)

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Another ghost update again today. Nothing changed on my profile. Background check still on “your application is in progress.....”
Another ghost update again today, came with a change. Background check has changed back to “we are processing....” IP2.

DreamerT

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello everyone, Have a situation out here. @andy108 would be glad if u could help.
Entered Pool- 28th Mar, ITA- 5th Aug, AOR- 8th Aug- PNP outland-Ontario

I am going to get married 27th of this month (almost half way through my application), to a person who already has a Canadian PR. I will inform IRCC via webform once I get my marriage certificate. please let me know if my points will be recalculated or will I be asked to apply via spousal PR route or any other things I maybe missing on this angle. Thanks in advance for your help.

Noorville

Aug 15, 2020
Oh! Mine has always just said "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I got my MEP and biometrics were automatically updated. I've never seen it 'updated' without an email.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Oh! Mine has always just said "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I got my MEP and biometrics were automatically updated. I've never seen it 'updated' without an email.
Everyone’s application says that. For Ghost updates, when you log into your profile, the “Submitted” becomes “Application/Profile Updated”....that’s a ghost update. When you refresh the page a few times, it changes back to “Submitted”. You may or may not see any actual change on your profile. It just means an officer or agent worked on your profile at that time.

Reactions: Noorville

fourcanada

Sep 29, 2020
FSW - FSW (inland)
ITA - 5 August 2020
AOR - 31 August 2020
BIL - 22 September 2020
RCMP background requested on 22 September 2020
RCMP background requested on 5 October 2020
Country of Residence - Canada
Country of origin / citizenship - Brazil
I received a call from Service Canada to book an appointment for biometrics yesterday, and I did this morning! I'm in Saskatchewan.

Reactions: Noorville