+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** August 2020 AOR - Join here ***

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am an inland-CEC applicant with a dependent spouse and my AOR is Aug 5, 2020. We are currently in Canada on Work Permit since 1.5 years.

I passed my medicals on Sep 25, 2020. Upon passing the medicals, I received a Request Letter and by the looks of it - this is an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check request.

The content of my request letter is with 2 bullet points.

Dear <<PRIMARY APPLICANT NAME>>,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
  • <<SPOUSE UCI and NAME>>
  • Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check CIC website (How to obtain police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link. Complete all the steps as instructed on the RCMP website. You will find the link below - http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Does this mean I have to submit RCMP Criminal record check only for my spouse and not for me?
Or this means I have to submit RCMP check for both of us + some other document for the spouse?

In MyCIC account, I can see just one slot for submitting documents.
Can someone please help me with this one?

Jan 20, 2020
Anyone under CEC for August AOR got the medicals approved and Biometrics request letter
I got my Medical approval on Sep 25th and Biometrics information was updated with the details that I submitted in Feb at the time of my WP renewal.

For biometrics, does the status need to be changed as COMPLETE under the biometrics section, currently it says: "
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Can someone please help me with this one?
I received the same, i.e., rcmp request only for the spouse, not for me (I am the PA). Based on their letter, I would say yes, it is fine if you only send in your spouse’s certified check, since that’s what they’re asking. However, I had gotten both mine and my spouse’s done in advance, so I combined both of them into a single PDF and uploaded into the single upload tab that appears in the document list. I’m not sure how advisable it is to do this though—simply what I chose to do.

Reactions: agent_47

mrbhush

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I got my Medical approval on Sep 25th and Biometrics information was updated with the details that I submitted in Feb at the time of my WP renewal.

For biometrics, does the status need to be changed as COMPLETE under the biometrics section, currently it says: "
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."
May be, You can wait for more days for update...

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I received the same, i.e., rcmp request only for the spouse, not for me (I am the PA). Based on their letter, I would say yes, it is fine if you only send in your spouse’s certified check, since that’s what they’re asking. However, I had gotten both mine and my spouse’s done in advance, so I combined both of them into a single PDF and uploaded into the single upload tab that appears in the document list. I’m not sure how advisable it is to do this though—simply what I chose to do.
That's fine to send both.

Reactions: agent_47 and mknox

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I managed to called the IRCC call centre and was informed by the agent that my application had been transferred to the Singapore (local) Visa Office. And thus, he could not provide me any useful information.
In this case, do I need to contact the local VO instead? Does this also mean that my application was still in a good progress?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I managed to called the IRCC call centre and was informed by the agent that my application had been transferred to the Singapore (local) Visa Office. And thus, he could not provide me any useful information.
In this case, do I need to contact the local VO instead? Does this also mean that my application was still in a good progress?
I'd say any progress is good progress—your file is moving as normal. In this case, it probably means they are done with the initial steps like r10, mep, and perhaps the criminality check. I believe it is quite normal to send files to LVOs after initial processing is done at the CIO. I don't think you need to contact local VO for any reason at this time. You say he was not able to provide you with any "useful" information. Depends on what you mean by "useful". In any case, call centre agents can only give you basic info regardless of where your file is at, whether at CIO or LVO. He should still be able to see what stages you have passed vs in-progress. If he didn't tell you anything much, that's probably because there isn't much to tell right now. You passed the basic checks and now the file will be processed in Singapore. You could call again after another month passes and I am sure he would be able to tell you if there have been any updates. All sounds good to me!

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I'd say any progress is good progress—your file is moving as normal. In this case, it probably means they are done with the initial steps like r10, mep, and perhaps the criminality check. I believe it is quite normal to send files to LVOs after initial processing is done at the CIO. I don't think you need to contact local VO for any reason at this time. You say he was not able to provide you with any "useful" information. Depends on what you mean by "useful". In any case, call centre agents can only give you basic info regardless of where your file is at, whether at CIO or LVO. He should still be able to see what stages you have passed vs in-progress. If he didn't tell you anything much, that's probably because there isn't much to tell right now. You passed the basic checks and now the file will be processed in Singapore. You could call again after another month passes and I am sure he would be able to tell you if there have been any updates. All sounds good to me!
Thanks for your reply. :) It is true that any progress is good progress.

Sanjay35821

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2020
Category: CEC
ITA: June 11, 2020
AOR: August 09, 2020
NOC code 2174
Medical : Upfront
PCCs provided to CIC
all fees are paid.
Country of residence: Canada
Medical result: Waiting
BIL: Waiting
Category: CEC
ITA: June 11, 2020
AOR: August 09, 2020
NOC code 2174
Medical : Upfront
PCCs provided to CIC
all fees are paid.
Country of residence: Canada
Medical result: Passed (Sep 30, 2020)
BIL: Biometrics statue not updated but Biometrics details in Applicant information has been updated and still received the BIL (Sep 30, 2020)
(Note: my Work permit Biometric details are updated for my PR application, which was done for my Work permit on February, 2020)

Wanted to know whether I still need to do Biometrics or not?

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
Hello guys. Please is possible for an inland applicant to have his application sent to a LVO in his home country for review?