+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hi guys a pretty annoying return letter post-AOR.

My application to change conditions or extend stay in Canada as a worker was processed as incomplete because of insufficient processing fees.

I had one receipt for 1280 and all it says is 3 highlighted in pen:

-1280 (what I paid)
----------
$240 insufficient

What exactly did I do wrong and what should I be doing next?

edit: For anyone reading this from the future - I missed the $100 payment for OWP to be complete ($155+$100).

Last edited:

raji121314

Jul 11, 2019

My application to change conditions or extend stay in Canada as a worker was processed as incomplete because of insufficient processing fees.

-1280 (what I paid)
----------
$240 insufficient

When your application was received?

raji121314

Jul 11, 2019

-1280 (what I paid)
----------
$240 insufficient

I think you should have paid 1040+ 255 (1295 ) amount

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Sorry to hear that @TheUltimateLurker :(

For some really annoying reason when you generate the fees, it doesn't include the additional $100 required for the OWP. On the upside, at least it wasn't your whole app returned and you're not right at the back of the queue again!

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Sorry to hear that @TheUltimateLurker :(

For some really annoying reason when you generate the fees, it doesn't include the additional $100 required for the OWP. On the upside, at least it wasn't your whole app returned and you're not right at the back of the queue again!
Incredibly unfortunate, I'll drink it off this weekend.

Mailed off the increased payment today, fingers crossed for getting it back on track.

Thanks for emotional support :)

Reactions: JamesBarnes

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Incredibly unfortunate, I'll drink it off this weekend.

Mailed off the increased payment today, fingers crossed for getting it back on track.

Thanks for emotional support :)
Hey @TheUltimateLurker ! Sorry to hear that :( So there's good news and bad news!
Bad news is, that's for the OWP that you applied for - because you have applied inland, you didn't need to pay for the biometric fee but you did miss out on the $100.00 Work Permit Holders fee, that's why it's a weird difference. The same thing happened to me when I sent off my application without paying the $100 but I caught it straight away and send it through webform within a week and thank God they accepted it. It happens more often that you know and many OWP applications get returned because of it - so much that they should really need to modify their payment structure online o_O
The good news is, your AOR is for your PR application - so they've continued to work on that. For most people, they actually get their whole application package PR+OWP due to missing fees - so you're technically not starting over again - your work permit might just be a little delayed. In a few weeks, I suggest try and link your OWP online so you know they've accepted it :) All the best!

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hey @TheUltimateLurker ! Sorry to hear that :( So there's good news and bad news!
Bad news is, that's for the OWP that you applied for - because you have applied inland, you didn't need to pay for the biometric fee but you did miss out on the $100.00 Work Permit Holders fee, that's why it's a weird difference. The same thing happened to me when I sent off my application without paying the $100 but I caught it straight away and send it through webform within a week and thank God they accepted it. It happens more often that you know and many OWP applications get returned because of it - so much that they should really need to modify their payment structure online o_O
The good news is, your AOR is for your PR application - so they've continued to work on that. For most people, they actually get their whole application package PR+OWP due to missing fees - so you're technically not starting over again - your work permit might just be a little delayed. In a few weeks, I suggest try and link your OWP online so you know they've accepted it :) All the best!
Yep, that is exactly what happened. I'm almost certain I answered the questions correctly, funnily enough, when I do the questionnaire now (logged out), while it shows $155 + $100, I actually don't see the $1040 so there's definitely some glitching going on with that questionnaire.

Awesome that you were able to catch that problem early on. AOR for the PR is the most important part in the long run, so that's the positive I'll take out of this mess.

Good advice re: linking OWP, I'll definitely do that when the time comes up!

Cheers

Neil240

Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, i just got my AOR on Sept 24. Application was received in August 13.
We hired a lawyer to do all the paperwork for us. We are a common law couple and i am really stressed about if they are gonna reject it, heard from a lot of people that common law sponserships are hard to get. We have had three years of leases, expenses split, pets together and we have attached everything but i am still paranoid. My sponser is a canadian citizen. Does anyone else have the same kind of situation? Or if someone has gone through this already, that would help a lot.
And how long after the AOR, i should expect my open work permit?
Thanks a lot!

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi guys, i just got my AOR on Sept 24. Application was received in August 13.
We hired a lawyer to do all the paperwork for us. We are a common law couple and i am really stressed about if they are gonna reject it, heard from a lot of people that common law sponserships are hard to get. We have had three years of leases, expenses split, pets together and we have attached everything but i am still paranoid. My sponser is a canadian citizen. Does anyone else have the same kind of situation? Or if someone has gone through this already, that would help a lot.
And how long after the AOR, i should expect my open work permit?
Thanks a lot!
Hey there, they treat both common law and spousal with equal weightings, so you're not more likely to get PR just because you're married. It's how much evidence you have supporting your relationship. So with 3 years of lease under your belt, IDs and documents with the same address and lots of photos and proof of your relationship, I wouldn't be too stressed out about it. You have a lot more proof than some cases of marriage relationships.
Since you got your AOR, that means they have started processing your PR. With OWP, it can take 3-5 months from reception. I suggest try and linking your OWP to your CIC account to make sure they've got your application.

Edit: Your lawyer would have to link your applications online (as a representative) and will update you on everything that is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: mohamedbarbary

Neil240

Sep 17, 2019
Hey there, they treat both common law and spousal with equal weightings, so you're not more likely to get PR just because you're married. It's how much evidence you have supporting your relationship. So with 3 years of lease under your belt, IDs and documents with the same address and lots of photos and proof of your relationship, I wouldn't be too stressed out about it. You have a lot more proof than some cases of marriage relationships.
Since you got your AOR, that means they have started processing your PR. With OWP, it can take 3-5 months from reception. I suggest try and linking your OWP to your CIC account to make sure they've got your application.
Thanks so much. This really helps.

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi Guys, My application received on August 9th. However, I haven't received AOR!! :(

Anyone else waiting for AOP with the same timeline?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi Guys, My application received on August 9th. However, I haven't received AOR!! :(

Anyone else waiting for AOP with the same timeline?
I would call IRCC and see what's going on.

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

We applied for permanent residency on August 15 and our application was received on the 22nd - still waiting for our AOR.

We are currently in Texas visiting family, and, long story short, we found out today that my husband had been issued a ticket for possession of drug paraphernalia back in 2016, despite him not having been given any Paperwork at the time and not receiving notice to appear in court due to having moved.

Thankfully, possession of drug paraphernalia is not a criminal offence in Canada so it should not render him in admissible, however, we did not disclose this on his application as he was under the impression it was just a traffic stop. No arrest took place at the time, the officer threw out the marijuana roach and he was sent on his way. Today we paid the fine to get it over with as he had been given a failure to appear by the court, And it would be a huge headache to travel back to Texas to try and fight the case.

All that said, I think we should report this to IRCC immediately before they find out without us notifying them as I don’t want to be hit with misrep ( this incident didn’t even show up on his extensive federal background check for work or FBI background check for PR).

Does anyone know who exactly we should contact or have any advice on what we should do with this newfound information?