+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Anyone still waiting?

fungy

Apr 26, 2022
Montreal. QC
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Hello everyone, I applied in August 2019. At this point, when I've gone through emailing my MP, contacting immigration, and all the other options, I am stil stuck in the process. I have not received any update since the test (done in November 2021). At this point, I believe that I am the last applicant that remains from 2019 in this freaking 40 million people country. Is there anybody else in the same situation? Am I the only 2019 forgotten application piled in some remote IRCC office in the arctic pole?

Cheers from a forgotten immigrant,
Fred

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: sahibo and snoopyta

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello everyone, I applied in August 2019. At this point, when I've gone through emailing my MP, contacting immigration, and all the other options, I am stil stuck in the process. I have not received any update since the test (done in November 2021). At this point, I believe that I am the last applicant that remains from 2019 in this freaking 40 million people country. Is there anybody else in the same situation? Am I the only 2019 forgotten application piled in some remote IRCC office in the arctic pole?

Fred
When you call IRCC, what is the reason they give you for the delay? And what is the response you get from the webform or emailing the MP? Also are you able to check your application status on ecas https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en and on the online tracker? https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

fungy

Apr 26, 2022
Montreal. QC
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
q1: "Please, wait, we are doing everything to process your application as fast as possible". More or less same response, just different wording in three conversations (1 call and 2 emails). q2: The MP contacted the IRCC through his secretary. Same response than in q1, just added "This application is taking longer than usual" (3 years) q3: Yes. Application history:

Nov 15, 2021 Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 23, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test Citizenship test You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between
November 21, 2021 and December 11, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Oct 15, 2019 Scheduled for citizenship test Citizenship test You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on November 14, 2019. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Oct 18, 2019 Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Sep 29, 2019 Activity status updated: Background verification Background verification Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Aug 15, 2019 Application filed We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Application Status:

Language skills In progress
Physical presence In progress
Citizenship test Completed
Background verification Completed
Prohibitions In progress
Citizenship ceremony Not started

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi, you may want to consider legal action (search the forum for "mandamus"). It generally applies to cases that have taken a long time (3.5 years without any delay at your end is significant, even with covid excuses). Basically it's a court writ forcing ircc to make a decision. Filling for mandamus usually results in files moving and a decision before any actual court hearing.

Reactions: sahibo and snoopyta

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Excuse me, what do you mean by "... without any delay at your end is significant..."?
As indicated, please look up Mandamus and the eligibility criteria (long delay for which you are not responsible/ you have compiled with all requests in a timely manner/no clarity as to the cause of the delay/no clear timeline on a decision).

You can get in touch with other members on this forum who have been successful in Mandamus. It requires a lawyer.

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
q1: "Please, wait, we are doing everything to process your application as fast as possible". More or less same response, just different wording in three conversations (1 call and 2 emails). q2: The MP contacted the IRCC through his secretary. Same response than in q1, just added "This application is taking longer than usual" (3 years) q3: Yes. Application history:

Nov 15, 2021 Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 23, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test Citizenship test You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between
November 21, 2021 and December 11, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Oct 15, 2019 Scheduled for citizenship test Citizenship test You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on November 14, 2019. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Oct 18, 2019 Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Sep 29, 2019 Activity status updated: Background verification Background verification Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Aug 15, 2019 Application filed We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Application Status:

Language skills In progress
Physical presence In progress
Citizenship test Completed
Background verification Completed
Prohibitions In progress
Citizenship ceremony Not started
Hey am July 2019 applicant just 2 weeks ago got completed for my prohibitions and today got my invitation for oath so hopefully u will get update soon good luck

Reactions: fungy

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
So after going through your post it seems like you are actually on track now. According to the IRCC website, it takes 4 to 6 months after the test to get the oath. It's unfortunate that you missed the test the first time and that seems to be the reason you got delayed. And soon after the test the pandemic hit and shut things down. Your file may have gotten lost in the pile until recently.

vincent9909

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016

Fred
Did you apply for GCMS to see what happened?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Did you apply for GCMS to see what happened?
So after going through your post it seems like you are actually on track now. According to the IRCC website, it takes 4 to 6 months after the test to get the oath. It's unfortunate that you missed the test the first time and that seems to be the reason you got delayed. And soon after the test the pandemic hit and shut things down. Your file may have gotten lost in the pile until recently.
Wait, I read the dates wrong. You wrote the second test in 2021, they should absolutely tell you what's wrong

dragon1234

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
If you wrote your test Nov-2022 then your in the time frame for Oath(3- 4 months after test)
However from your signature it seems you took the test Nov-2021?