+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Welcome to Family Class Sponsorship August 2018 thread - OUTLAND

Hi,

Feel free to ask questions, share thoughts and seek advice.

What happens after submitting
my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application. Via email

Then the Principal Applicant(PA) will receive the letter confirmation of receipt of the PR application/Acknowledgment Of Receipt(AOR1). Via email

Please note that both the Sponsor and PA receive identical Application number but different UCI numbers.

Then, if not already submitted upfront with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

Using application number/UCI number, surname, DOB, country of birth etc... you can log in to ECAS to monitor the process of your application, link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

Then you might be invited for an interview.

Receive Pre Arrival Letter.

Decision Made on your application.

Passport Request (PPR).

Request for new set of PR photos.

Confirmation of PR (COPR).

God speed

Revenant

Last edited:

Canadian_Bacon

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2018
Sent mine last week but it's in the mail in Halifax for processing. :) Will be delivered sometime this week!

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
13th August here. Let the wait begin!

Ann31

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
34 minutes ago
Good pm, i sent my application last june 17 in the Mississauga address and they received it june 22 and 2 weeks ago i read on the website that they have the new address in Sydney. I called the immigration a while a go to follow up and they said they dont know if Mississauga will forward it to Sydney or they will return it back to me. Can someone help, im so stress rigth now. Thank you.

Apr 1, 2018
Hi guys, I submitted my application August 17 2018 and checked tracking number - received in Sydney NS on August 20th. If anyone interested to create a group for August submission to keep track of our timelines and questions I am up for it. I know there are few groups from other months on whatsApp. Thanks and good luck to us all.

Reactions: Ann31
Apr 1, 2018
34 minutes ago
Good pm, i sent my application last june 17 in the Mississauga address and they received it june 22 and 2 weeks ago i read on the website that they have the new address in Sydney. I called the immigration a while a go to follow up and they said they dont know if Mississauga will forward it to Sydney or they will return it back to me. Can someone help, im so stress rigth now. Thank you.
Hi, from what I remember back in the month of June the application office was still in Mississauga and you sent it to the right place. I don't think you should worry because the change of address happened after that therefore its the processing centres responsibility to either forward to NS or process it there. If I were you, I wouldn't really worry about this. I hope this helps :)

JARBELAEZ

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys, I submitted my application August 17 2018 and checked tracking number - received in Sydney NS on August 20th. If anyone interested to create a group for August submission to keep track of our timelines and questions I am up for it. I know there are few groups from other months on whatsApp. Thanks and good luck to us all.
Good idea! there is also a spreadsheet I found where people can enter their application dates and answers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=887644349

Does anyone know the difference between the Mississauga office and the Sydney, NS? Are processing times any different?

Reactions: hamidsultanzai
Apr 1, 2018
Good idea! there is also a spreadsheet I found where people can enter their application dates and answers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=887644349

Does anyone know the difference between the Mississauga office and the Sydney, NS? Are processing times any different?
My assumption is that it was too much burden on Mississauga office to process both inland and outland applications. With the change they might be able to process applications more efficiently and faster. I hope that I am correct as it would make it so much faster. just my thought. tnx

Reactions: JARBELAEZ

Ann31

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi, from what I remember back in the month of June the application office was still in Mississauga and you sent it to the right place. I don't think you should worry because the change of address happened after that therefore its the processing centres responsibility to either forward to NS or process it there. If I were you, I wouldn't really worry about this. I hope this helps :)
Thank you for your reply.

AAP ka sath

Aug 28, 2018
Plz help me out as I want to know is there any updation in spouse sponsored undertaking declaration form.. if yes than would it effect my CSQ duration as I already got my wife's csq file no. ?

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
We cannot call the # outside of Canada right? So we just have to wait for someone in Canada to call :D

antiname

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I am sponsoring my wife in China. Application package received in Sydney, NS on the 17th of Aug. No AOR yet.

Will update when I got any news.