+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Saadahmed345

Jan 24, 2019
Requesting CV/resume is very common for applicants from Middle East. If you look at the immitracker, there are hundreds of cases, especially from Iran and Pakistan, who have to provide these info. This request is mainly for security purposes and it is to make sure that the applicant is not a threat to Canada. It is also to make sure that the applicant is not gonna go back to their country and make any weapon or anything. That is why people from Stem usually have hard time passing security. Anyways, the only thing that you can do is to answer all their questions. Even if you don't receive the findings and you are in Hungary for work, include a LOE explaining everything.

the only thing that I am confused is the part about if you go back blah blah blah. Usually for student and work permits, you have to prove that you are going back to your country as you are applying for a temporary visa (study/work). For PR, as in the name, it is permanent residency and you have to prove that you have the intention to stay in Canada long-term or even forever. so, I don't know. Maybe it is again for the purpose of SS.

Exactly My point.. Yesterday I managed to get hold of a CIC agent. Very helpful one.. Infact she was also surprised on the last question.. However she mentioned that be honest, mention that if in case you dont get the permanent residence in Canada, what plans do you have of going back?? Seems odd, because if I dont get it, I wouldnt get into Canada and hence return :).

Could you maybe help me out in more thing? They requested to provide details of the supervisor of your Thesis. Now you probably know that in Indian/Pakistani Engineering Universities, we usually have Final Year Project, which I also had, and your project coordinator who can be one of your teacher or from external company/industry. My question is, the Final Year Project is it exactly the same as Thesis in Canada?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
1. @Minh AOR 20 Aug 2018, Eligibility Met, Criminality in progress, Security Not started. Ottawa
2. @AHcan AOR 24th August 2018. No ADR request. Eligibility met, Criminality passed, security not started. VO - Ottawa
3. @Dannny AOR 30th August.
Eligibility Met, Criminality Passed, Security Not Started
File last touched: 12 October 2018. VO Sydney, NS PNP-I
RR: Civil Status
4. @neochanges1 AOR - August 25. Meds passed
Eligibility Met
BGc not started yet
ADR: September 25 - was given a 30 days extension -> ADR changed to N/A Nov 25.
Called CIC today and was advised to call back on May 28 if haven't heard anything from them to remind officer.
5. @Fazalb AOR: 4th of August '18
Additional documents requested: 25th of August '18
Documents provided: 10th of October.
6. @ Munnalnd Application category: CEC
AOR: August 7, 2018
Medical passed: August 28, 2018 and since then in IP2
RCMP ADR request: August 28, 2018; uploaded on September 10, 2018
One GCMS notes (February 11): Eligibility - RR; Criminality - passed on January 24, 2019; Security - not started
7. @AV94 AOR 6th August 2018. Eligibility RR for POF, Criminality &Security not started. VO - Ottawa
8. @Mich4mich AOR 31st August 2018. Eligibility - Met, Criminality - Met, Security - Not Started, VO - Ottawa
9. @mobear13 aug 18, pnp ontario, security not started, criminality passed, medical passed, eligibility RR POF, nova scotia and now londonUK
10. Pls copy and update:)
Pp with AOR Jan are getting PPR :(

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
1. @Minh AOR 20 Aug 2018, Eligibility Met, Criminality in progress, Security Not started. Ottawa
2. @AHcan AOR 24th August 2018. No ADR request. Eligibility met, Criminality passed, security not started. VO - Ottawa
Eligibility Met
BGc not started yet
Called CIC today and was advised to call back on May 28 if haven't heard anything from them to remind officer.
One GCMS notes (February 11): Eligibility - RR; Criminality - passed on January 24, 2019; Security - not started
7. @AV94 AOR 6th August 2018. Eligibility RR for POF, Criminality &Security not started. VO - Ottawa
8. @Mich4mich AOR 31st August 2018. Eligibility - Met, Criminality - Met, Security - Not Started, VO - Ottawa
9. @mobear13 aug 18, pnp ontario, security not started, criminality passed, medical passed, eligibility RR POF, nova scotia and now londonUK
10. @GauravChopra4 Aug 11, 2018. Eligibility- RR(not clear why), security - not started, BCG check - not started, Criminality - not started. FSW-O, VO - Ottawa
11. Pls copy and update:)

marciocdb

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Eligibility Met
BGc not started yet
10. @GauravChopra4 Aug 11, 2018. Eligibility- RR(not clear why), security - not started, BCG check - not started, Criminality - not started. FSW-O, VO - Ottawa
11. @marciocdb - AOR August 20th. Latest info by GCMS notes from Feb 25th. Eligibility RR (NOC change from ITA to AOR). Background and criminality - not started. Info sharing complete. Ottawa office.
12. Pls copy and update:)

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Eligibility Met
BGc not started yet
11. @marciocdb - AOR August 20th. Latest info by GCMS notes from Feb 25th. Eligibility RR (NOC change from ITA to AOR). Background and criminality - not started. Info sharing complete. Ottawa office.
12. @overnight - AOR Aug 20, 2018, Eligibility - RR (job duties), Criminality &Security not started. VO - Ottawa. Application last touched Sep 11, 2018.

Pls copy and update

mobear13

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
nova scotia...london uk since march 2019
AOR Received.
18-08-2018
so far 12 people, most of them ottawa, except pnp people nova scotia ...

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
I also got an update from agent 2 weeks back that if I don hear anything by 19 May then I should call back. I had ordered GCMS on 10 Feb but yet to recv. Also no reply from CPC Ottawa ( it has been 2 weeks). So, don know whether the dates are correct or not!!
Hi,

Just spoke to an agent (coincidentally the same agent who replied me earlier). He said he same thing that officers had sent notes to call center guyz to send a reminder if application is not completed by 19th May. However on asking a little more details of "additional verification" he added that "the officers are waiting for some information from other sources. once those are received you application will be progressed"

Does that mean I'm in security screening or its just security is ongoing?

Some info on my first GCMS: S.16(1).c is appearing on one the page of the notes dated 6th November 2018.

@tobs @Asiv adanac (any suggestion)

Last edited:

marciocdb

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Just called CIC... the agent told me my application is still being reviewed.... the "April reminder" that was set before got removed now and changed to "Indefinitely".... That's so great to hear.... Hope it means nothing... There's nothing wrong with my application, it was just a NOC change for god's sake... the employer's letter is perfectly fine... job duties, anual salary, hours per week.....

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
No update, no deadline, the same email every month while my application is reaching 8 months soon. Ordered gcms and nothing move as of November.
“We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.”

Chipo21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
26-08-2018
Got through to an agent who advised she will send a reminder to Ottawa. the last time I spoke to an agent a month ago they had said they cannot send a reminder if in RR

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
A very good chance for ppr shower tonight (ottawa time) as some applicants were told to wait until march 30 before inquiring back. Also, @Mr_nobody in june aor mentioned that as per the trends, there was ppr showers at the end of January and February.

Lets wait and see!
I didn't say that. I said it happened for Jan. and Feb. it's too soon to say it's a trend but we can hope for! Geez!

Just kidding. Hope it is true and we see another rain :)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Exactly My point.. Yesterday I managed to get hold of a CIC agent. Very helpful one.. Infact she was also surprised on the last question.. However she mentioned that be honest, mention that if in case you dont get the permanent residence in Canada, what plans do you have of going back?? Seems odd, because if I dont get it, I wouldnt get into Canada and hence return :).

Could you maybe help me out in more thing? They requested to provide details of the supervisor of your Thesis. Now you probably know that in Indian/Pakistani Engineering Universities, we usually have Final Year Project, which I also had, and your project coordinator who can be one of your teacher or from external company/industry. My question is, the Final Year Project is it exactly the same as Thesis in Canada?
I really don't know if they are the same. It's better someone from India/Pakistan can answer
For CIC, it is just for the sake of security. So, put the name of whoever you worked with. they probably want to make sure you and your supervisor were not involved in anything with question mark!!!