+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Jan 30, 2015
i recently got married from india an dmy wife stayin in India. am living in vancouver. so anyone can please help me how to start the spousal visa application.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I just checked ECAS and there's a new line on ours:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 8, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October 16, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
The 4th line is new, it only used to be 1, 2, 3, and 5. Any idea what that means? I checked our account and there are no requests for additional documents there, no emails too (checked the Spam folder as well to make sure). It just says that the additional documents we provided have been uploaded and it has been that way since I think October.
Mine did the same. old updates that reflect things like the sched a request etc med. i got a dm shortly after so it was a good sign when the ecas finally updated.

Reactions: ayns

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
i recently got married from india an dmy wife stayin in India. am living in vancouver. so anyone can please help me how to start the spousal visa application.
My advice would be to go to the cic website and read the spousal sponsorship section. Theres a checklist of what is needed. Theres a fair amount of document gathering and preparations.

Reactions: betterthanyoko

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Mine did the same. old updates that reflect things like the sched a request etc med. i got a dm shortly after so it was a good sign when the ecas finally updated.
That's good to know. At least now I know that something is happening. Haha. Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: Jaywill

Zainraza

Feb 24, 2018
Hi, yes i recieved the same response around then too but may be in late september. Except they did ask for my spouses medicals. That was done in october. Since then havent heard anything else.

Hi Dear!

I have sponsored my spouse from Dubai. I moved here temporarily until his application is approved and the last communication I got was Oct 27 2017 saying it's been sent to London for processing.

How about you?

Reactions: revenant

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello All,
We received the pre-arrival letter from the Sydney VO on December 13th. We did not receive any other status update or emails notifying us of our progress till December 19th where we were informed about sending the VO a police clearance certificate. They received the PCC on January 16th. We have not been notified of any further progress till date, however, we checked ECAS today and the status shows "Decision Made". Has anyone else had this kind of behaviour from any other VO?

Also, assuming the PPR comes in soon, my wife is already visiting me in Canada - would we be allowed to send her passport to Ontario for the visa instead of Sydney?

Reactions: canuser

chikey

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
The 4th line is new, it only used to be 1, 2, 3, and 5. Any idea what that means? I checked our account and there are no requests for additional documents there, no emails too (checked the Spam folder as well to make sure). It just says that the additional documents we provided have been uploaded and it has been that way since I think October.
Ditto same as my timeline

Fla710

Feb 11, 2018
Update a new line has been added on our CIC account. Also we were transferred to Rome VO on February 14 from Mississauga.
  1. We started processing your application on February 20, 2018.

Reactions: JSNH

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila

I cannot help you with this answer but our timelines are very very similar with the same VO. I have not had what has happen to you happen to me.

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hello All,
We received the pre-arrival letter from the Sydney VO on December 13th. We did not receive any other status update or emails notifying us of our progress till December 19th where we were informed about sending the VO a police clearance certificate. They received the PCC on January 16th. We have not been notified of any further progress till date, however, we checked ECAS today and the status shows "Decision Made". Has anyone else had this kind of behaviour from any other VO?

Also, assuming the PPR comes in soon, my wife is already visiting me in Canada - would we be allowed to send her passport to Ontario for the visa instead of Sydney?
im not sure but id say no as her info will all be in SVO but maybe give mississauga or ottawa a call and ask them? cant hurt to ask :)

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone.
Any update for NDVO August applicants ??
I think for most of the Ndvo august applicants, background check has been started recently.
Anyone who got any other update than that ??

And what would be the next stages after “bgc in process”

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hello All,

Hi @bd2017 I have a similar situation I got the pre arrival letter on Jan 9th - and I have not heard anything since.

So its been almost 2 months of silence for us. Hoping for some good news. Since you got the DM, you will likely get your ppr soon! :)

Jimmy92

Feb 26, 2018
My spouse is a Canadian citizen and already applied for PR. I have visitor visa for Canada and can I live and work in Canada?