NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Congratulations @joes !!

So how long was it between your pre arrival letter and approval? Can you add to our pre arrival timeline post too - just to help others :)
You must be so excited!!
Hey @canuser ! Thank you!! It took just over 3 weeks to get it. Yes very excited. Now the shopping of an airline ticket comes next.

I have updated the spreadsheet as well as the details are in my signature.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hey @canuser ! Thank you!! It took just over 3 weeks to get it. Yes very excited. Now the shopping of an airline ticket comes next.

I have updated the spreadsheet as well as the details are in my signature.
How exciting!! @joes

Thank you very much for sharing - it gives us all some hope :)

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
How exciting!! @joes

Thank you very much for sharing - it gives us all some hope :)
It really is! The statuses still show in progress even after passport request but when I checked the ECAS under my file, it showed Sponsorship and Permanent Resident Status for my spouse as "Decision Made". I'm thinking once my spouse gets the COPR and visa affixed to her passport, that will all be updated.

Absolutely!! Well on Valentine's Day, the minister of immigration announced that the backlog of 75,000 applicants stuck in the system is now at 15,000 only. The top priority for the government of Canada are to reunite family members, especially spouses and dependents in the least amount of time possible.

Reactions: ecas02 and canuser

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hi karagreer,

did you get any update yet after you send them the evidence?
Not yet. We submitted everything through the IRCC webform last week, on Feb. 10th. We noticed on GCkey that there's an option to upload a "Letter of explanation" under Additional Documents, however we have more than just one letter - we have all the supporting files too (letters from family and screenshots etc.) Not sure if GCkey would let us upload multiple files.

Did you see an option for uploading through GCkey too? I think we might upload a brief letter on GCkey explaining that everything was submitted through the webform on Feb 10th so they know to expect it, and so they know we submitted everything within the deadline.

Reactions: Lia77

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
It really is! The statuses still show in progress even after passport request but when I checked the ECAS under my file, it showed Sponsorship and Permanent Resident Status for my spouse as "Decision Made". I'm thinking once my spouse gets the COPR and visa affixed to her passport, that will all be updated.

Absolutely!! Well on Valentine's Day, the minister of immigration announced that the backlog of 75,000 applicants stuck in the system is now at 15,000 only. The top priority for the government of Canada are to reunite family members, especially spouses and dependents in the least amount of time possible.
Yay!! I love that statistic - thank you for sharing @joes :) I hope we all get reunited with our loved ones soon.

I will be sure to check the system for the same message! *fingers crossed* :)

Sajosh12

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
Yay!! I love that statistic - thank you for sharing @joes :) I hope we all get reunited with our loved ones soon.

I will be sure to check the system for the same message! *fingers crossed* :)
what is your local vo?

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Not yet. We submitted everything through the IRCC webform last week, on Feb. 10th. We noticed on GCkey that there's an option to upload a "Letter of explanation" under Additional Documents, however we have more than just one letter - we have all the supporting files too (letters from family and screenshots etc.) Not sure if GCkey would let us upload multiple files.

Did you see an option for uploading through GCkey too? I think we might upload a brief letter on GCkey explaining that everything was submitted through the webform on Feb 10th so they know to expect it, and so they know we submitted everything within the deadline.
Did they give you any deadline? Or any direction to send them those documents? Did it come from a no-reply email address?

We just attached those documents as email attachment and sent it as reply, after sending it we got a confirmation email instantly. They didn't gave us deadline to submit either.

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Did they give you any deadline? Or any direction to send them those documents? Did it come from a no-reply email address?

We just attached those documents as email attachment and sent it as reply, after sending it we got a confirmation email instantly. They didn't gave us deadline to submit either.
Each request might vary, depending on which visa office it's being processed in. Ours is Mississauga, same office that the sponsorship application went through. They sent the request as a pdf letter in my husband's GCkey account and gave two options for submitting: mail it in to their office or upload it to the IRCC webform. They gave us one month. We collected and submitted everything about 2 weeks after the request. No updates yet on GCkey or ECAS.

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Each request might vary, depending on which visa office it's being processed in. Ours is Mississauga, same office that the sponsorship application went through. They sent the request as a pdf letter in my husband's GCkey account and gave two options for submitting: mail it in to their office or upload it to the IRCC webform. They gave us one month. We collected and submitted everything about 2 weeks after the request. No updates yet on GCkey or ECAS.
Update: @Lia77 I just checked GCkey this afternoon and under Review of additional documents it changed from: "We need more documents to continue processing your application..." to: "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." So I'm guessing they successfully received the documents via the IRCC webform.

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Update: @Lia77 I just checked GCkey this afternoon and under Review of additional documents it changed from: "We need more documents to continue processing your application..." to: "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." So I'm guessing they successfully received the documents via the IRCC webform.
Thanks for updating. Looks like your app is processing as it should be :), don't know anything about mine yet. Nothing on GcKey nor Ecas. This what our GcKey status shows. I think there will be no more details before PPR for me, maybe there will be BGC and DM 2/3 days before my PPR. Keep us posted.

Michael83

Sep 22, 2017
Dear Mr. Michael Ramsis Youssef,
This refers to the application for permanent residence in Canada of your son Makaio under the family class category.
The following documents marked by an (X) are required in order to continue the processing of his application:

(X) Proof of your residency in Canada (rental agreement, proof of your employment, etc).

(X) Proof that the rest of your family plan to return to Canada.

(X) Enrollment certificate for your son Matthew at school.

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office by courier or email within (thirty) 30 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 30 days will result in the application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this letter are relevant to the final assessment of the file, failure to provide them will likely result in the refusal of the application.

Please return a copy of this message with the requested documents.

Yours Sincerely,

Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada

Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada

NEED HELP ANSWERING THEIR QUESTIONS

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Additional information I wanted to share for those receiving a passport request - primarily from the Manila VO (could also be from other Visa Offices too). This is something you will bring to VFS Global when depositing your passport along with 2 recent within 6 months photos. VFS is very strict with the photo guidelines and if anything is not correct with the photo (crooked, wrong height of face, etc), they have a specific template on site they check it with. The instructions above the table threw me off a little but got clarification when my spouse (the principal applicant in this case). For a spouse who is a Canadian citizen that holds a Canadian passport does not need their information included within the Appendix. This also includes if the spouse went to Manila to accompany the principal applicant with them to Canada. The same goes for any child also born in Canada accompanying the principal applicant. If the children are born outside of Canada, then you must include their information in the appendix B.

For how long it would take the passport to be returned to you varies. For those in the family class for permanent residence, your passport must be picked up at VFS Global and can't be couriered back to you and between the hours of 1pm - 3pm local time. You will get a tracking number given to you and if you provide your e-mail address, you can get live updates on which stage your passport is. For an extra P69.00, you can also have live updates sent to your mobile device.

Best wishes for everyone sponsoring their loved ones.

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Dear Mr. Michael Ramsis Youssef,
This refers to the application for permanent residence in Canada of your son Makaio under the family class category.
The following documents marked by an (X) are required in order to continue the processing of his application:

(X) Proof of your residency in Canada (rental agreement, proof of your employment, etc).

(X) Proof that the rest of your family plan to return to Canada.

(X) Enrollment certificate for your son Matthew at school.

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office by courier or email within (thirty) 30 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 30 days will result in the application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this letter are relevant to the final assessment of the file, failure to provide them will likely result in the refusal of the application.

Please return a copy of this message with the requested documents.

Yours Sincerely,

Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada

Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada

NEED HELP ANSWERING THEIR QUESTIONS
Hi Michael,

I have a friend who received very similar requests that you've experienced.

For the first item, proof of residency in Canada - citizenship card, birth certificate, income taxes, letter from employer stating what your job is, how long you've worked for a Canadian employer. If you own a house, copy of your property deed, if you rent, a copy of the leasing agreement from your landlord.

For the second item, things like going back to a job, to school, airline tickets would be very helpful.

For the third item regarding your son - this you can get from the school in which he is attending, an original letter (not a photocopy) bearing the school's template of this information.