+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hey everybody,

Here is a little update on my application. Today I got this email about an hour ago and I do understand is that the processing is almost ended but still they need evidence of sponsor's proof of intent to move back to Canada. Now I don't know what kind of evidence should I send them as I already send them house lease agreement emails, Health Insurence, Receipt of my daughter's proof of citizenship application. Right now I am just thinking what else can be the evidence that I have missed and which is Singapore visa office is asking for. I need your input fellas!!

"Dear Sir / Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please provide evidence that your sponsor is returning to Canada permanently as we are in the process of finalizing the application.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
High Commission of Canada, Singapore
"
i would suggest that if you have family in Canada ask them if they could write a letter stating you will live with them until you find a job. unless you have a rental agreement. if you havent enroll your child in school or have a job yet. i would recommend that you write a letter explaining you haven't started this process yet because you were not sure when your application would be approved. just be honest.

Reactions: Lia77

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hey everybody,

Here is a little update on my application. Today I got this email about an hour ago and I do understand is that the processing is almost ended but still they need evidence of sponsor's proof of intent to move back to Canada. Now I don't know what kind of evidence should I send them as I already send them house lease agreement emails, Health Insurence, Receipt of my daughter's proof of citizenship application. Right now I am just thinking what else can be the evidence that I have missed and which is Singapore visa office is asking for. I need your input fellas!!

"Dear Sir / Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please provide evidence that your sponsor is returning to Canada permanently as we are in the process of finalizing the application.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
High Commission of Canada, Singapore
"
We had the same request a couple of weeks ago. I had a minor freakout because a) I thought we were almost done; b) this letter made it feel like they were questioning the genuineness of our relationship; and c) since we are waiting for final approval before we can move, I had not lined up a job or apartment yet. So I calmed myself down and contacted one of my aunts in Canada, who briefly worked in immigration law several years ago. She said letters from family are good to have, as well as any copies of emails where I have inquired about jobs and apartments to show that I'm planning for my move.
I wrote an updated statement (I included one in our original application about my intent to move back to Canada, as it was required of the sponsor in the first place) but I wrote a new statement updating my plans, how they've progressed since the time that we first applied. Then I backed up points in my statement with supporting documents. For example, I included screenshots from my computer from over the past few months where I've been looking at rental properties and job searches; I included a copy of flight itinerary from recent trips to Toronto where I visited family (showing ties to my hometown), among other things. You can also include copies of emails with friends/family where you mention your plans to move with your spouse. And definitely ask any family members to write a letter on your behalf, stating their knowledge of your sponsor's plans to move back to Canada. Overall, it's good to include a combination of different things that all show support of the sponsor's intent to move back to Canada.

Reactions: Lia77

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
What courier service are people using for sending in their passport page photocopy and pre-paid return envelope? We got a quote from Fedex that seems ridiculous but I don't know what our other options are
id guess using a courier would be very expensive. we live in Ireland and had to send ours to London so we couldnt use a courier..relying on the good old postal system..also, unless you are using a courier, i dont believe it has to be prepaid...i wouldnt even know how to prepay for out of country if it was...heres hoping we get ours back! :)
hope you got it sorted.

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Common law application outland (But am in Canada)
Application received by mailroom 2 August 2017
Received Application number/UCI - Sept 12
Sponsor approval - Sept 12
Med requested 14 Sept. Submitted - Oct 14 (Delay because I had to get a medical done in the USA for my daughter)
Schedule A and Police Checks requested Sept 22 - Provided - Oct 20
Medical approved.. Not sure of date
File transferred Mississauga - 14 Nov
Background Check in progress - 5 Dec
Additional Police Certificate required - 5 Dec (This delayed me somewhat as I had to get a police check for time spent in Afghanistan)
Mailed Copy of Certificate and Letter of Explanation on 11 January
Status changed to Decision Made 26 Jan
Letter to provide copy of passport 29 Jan
Mailed documents 2 Feb
CoPR - Arrived in mail today 14 February

Now I need to figure out what next?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Common law application outland (But am in Canada)
Application received by mailroom 2 August 2017
Received Application number/UCI - Sept 12
Sponsor approval - Sept 12
Med requested 14 Sept. Submitted - Oct 14 (Delay because I had to get a medical done in the USA for my daughter)
Schedule A and Police Checks requested Sept 22 - Provided - Oct 20
Medical approved.. Not sure of date
File transferred Mississauga - 14 Nov
Background Check in progress - 5 Dec
Additional Police Certificate required - 5 Dec (This delayed me somewhat as I had to get a police check for time spent in Afghanistan)
Mailed Copy of Certificate and Letter of Explanation on 11 January
Status changed to Decision Made 26 Jan
Letter to provide copy of passport 29 Jan
Mailed documents 2 Feb
CoPR - Arrived in mail today 14 February

Now I need to figure out what next?
You need to land to activate your PR.

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Anyone gone past AOR2 from London Office?

My friend's application was processed in London too, everything was done in 8 months! I haven't heard anything for 3.5 months yet :( since AOR 2.
I am August 17th applicant(sponsoring my wife). Medical was done along with confirmation that file was transferred at LVO in November 2017, but no word after that.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Thanks, that part I have down. Trying to figure out if I have to have me belongings with me from the USA at the time of landing, or if I can still import at a later date as a part of my establishing residence
check out this link..theres a form you can fill out prior to arriving at customs/immigration and as far as ive read as long as you have the items listed , whether they are with you or following you, they will be duty/tax free as a part of your belongings exemption.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mrc-drc-eng.html

Reactions: killborn

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Passport request Manila VO has been received!!!!! FINALLY!!! Althoigh the decision made, eligibility, application status still shows in progress and the background check still shows as being processed. I'll update the spreadsheet once I get to the office

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Decision made....APPROVED! Thanks be to god!

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thanks all for your input. :)
I haven't sent the evidence yet but I will do soon.

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
We had the same request a couple of weeks ago. I had a minor freakout because a) I thought we were almost done; b) this letter made it feel like they were questioning the genuineness of our relationship; and c) since we are waiting for final approval before we can move, I had not lined up a job or apartment yet. So I calmed myself down and contacted one of my aunts in Canada, who briefly worked in immigration law several years ago. She said letters from family are good to have, as well as any copies of emails where I have inquired about jobs and apartments to show that I'm planning for my move.
I wrote an updated statement (I included one in our original application about my intent to move back to Canada, as it was required of the sponsor in the first place) but I wrote a new statement updating my plans, how they've progressed since the time that we first applied. Then I backed up points in my statement with supporting documents. For example, I included screenshots from my computer from over the past few months where I've been looking at rental properties and job searches; I included a copy of flight itinerary from recent trips to Toronto where I visited family (showing ties to my hometown), among other things. You can also include copies of emails with friends/family where you mention your plans to move with your spouse. And definitely ask any family members to write a letter on your behalf, stating their knowledge of your sponsor's plans to move back to Canada. Overall, it's good to include a combination of different things that all show support of the sponsor's intent to move back to Canada.

Hi karagreer,

did you get any update yet after you send them the evidence?