+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I'm not sure when you applied, but you may not need to provide 4 police certificates. These are the current requirements (different than what it used to be):

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
This is true, but an important note. My husband lived in Australia for 11 months and the VO requested it.

Luckily we got it in advance just in case, but it's something to be mindful about, because they can ask. :)

Reactions: KBH

VinceJH

Jul 5, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
File Transfer...
13-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
Hello.
I got a mail from CIC to confirm that my application was transferred to CPC Mississauga for further processing. I was expecting it to be transfered to Paris VO... Are there other people in the same case?

My timeline for info:
Received : 8/09
AOR1, Sched A, PCC : 9/27
Med Request : 10/4
Med done : 10/6

Reactions: balkan17

Sajosh12

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
Got my AOR2 today! So excited, every Friday I’ve gotten an email from them so far. Praying really hard that everything gets finished by Christmas!
What’s your app date?

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
This is true, but an important note. My husband lived in Australia for 11 months and the VO requested it.

Luckily we got it in advance just in case, but it's something to be mindful about, because they can ask. :)
Well, at the moment we applied (app received on August 25) they also wanted to see pcc from every country where i stayed for more than 6 months or altogether 6 months at different times. Basically this background check involves investigations for criminality, law problems or they also verify if you truly lived/worked/studied in some place?

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yes, you could expect it would take longer. They do checks with CSIS, Interpol, etc. It's relatively in depth and living in numerous places will elicit checks from those places as well.
Well, at the moment we applied (app received on August 25) they also wanted to see pcc from every country where i stayed for more than 6 months or altogether 6 months at different times. Basically this background check involves investigations for criminality, law problems or they also verify if you truly lived/worked/studied in some place?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Got my AOR2 today! So excited, every Friday I’ve gotten an email from them so far. Praying really hard that everything gets finished by Christmas!
Four months would be an exceptionally fast processing time, unless you are going to one of the super-fast VO's like Ankara. It is better to be realistic about things, that way you won't end up disappointed. They try to process non-complex applications within 6 months, so hoping for February might be better :) Unless you know for sure that your VO is currently processing in four months.

kanor24

Aug 1, 2017
Got a letter that the application was transferred to Manila. Now the real wait begins. I heard they are slow moving there but I'm hoping by summer of next year my wife and daughter (will be born in January) will be here.

hassan2017

Oct 8, 2017
I got a letter indicating that my application has been transferred to Nairobi for further processing. But no medical passed, waiting .........next step