+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
How many IMM 5406 (ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION) form/s did you submit in your application? Should the sponsor and principal applicant fill up this form or just the Principal applicant only?

And also for the form IMM 0008 (GENERIC APPLICATION FORM) question number 3. "HOW MANY FAMILY MEMBERS, INCLUDING YOU, ARE IN THIS APPLICATION?" because I only answered "1" I am just confused and I'm scared that our application will be return again if I answer this incorrect. Should I include my husband's parents?

Thank you so much.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
How many IMM 5406 (ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION) form/s did you submit in your application? Should the sponsor and principal applicant fill up this form or just the Principal applicant only?

And also for the form IMM 0008 (GENERIC APPLICATION FORM) question number 3. "HOW MANY FAMILY MEMBERS, INCLUDING YOU, ARE IN THIS APPLICATION?" because I only answered "1" I am just confused and I'm scared that our application will be return again if I answer this incorrect. Should I include my husband's parents?

Thank you so much.
The correct answer is 1 and you only submit 1 Additional Family Information form (the sponsor does not fill out this form, only the PA)

Reactions: linnykez

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I received a letter from CIC saying:
A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission. Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).

Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).

Now I already received email to link the application which I did a few days back, I filled the Schedule A form for my wife but when I login to IIRCC I dont see a way to upload the Schedule A form however I do have a medical request showing up there which will be completed in a few days.

Do I need to mail them ScheduleA to Mississauga office ?
i received this same email this morning. we need to wait until the actual request is sent via messages in the linked account. i do not believe they will ask for the hard copy but just for you to upload the files into the account. just be patient :)

hassan2017

Oct 8, 2017
I wanted to know who receives the information/ instructions for undertaking medical, the principal applicant or the representative, which is me in Canada.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I wanted to know who receives the information/ instructions for undertaking medical, the principal applicant or the representative, which is me in Canada.
If you have submitted the Use of the Representative form as the sponsor, then you will receive 100% of the communications, even those that would typically go to the PA.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Anybody knows if the fact that I have lived in 4 different countries in the past (therefore have to provide 4 police clearance certificates) affects the length of the process?
And also what is background check really about? If we provide police certificates ourselves what else they are checking? Do they request some info from foreign governments?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Anybody knows if the fact that I have lived in 4 different countries in the past (therefore have to provide 4 police clearance certificates) affects the length of the process?
And also what is background check really about? If we provide police certificates ourselves what else they are checking? Do they request some info from foreign governments?
Yes, you could expect it would take longer. They do checks with CSIS, Interpol, etc. It's relatively in depth and living in numerous places will elicit checks from those places as well.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I'm not sure when you applied, but you may not need to provide 4 police certificates. These are the current requirements (different than what it used to be):

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.