+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
what is ECAS and AOR2?
ecas is an online service to check application status that does not require you to link the application like gckey does. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2

aor2 is acknowledgment of receipt 2, when a new line in the applicants ecas appears that says "we started processing your app on xxx date". this indicates the visa office has opened and starting working on the residency application.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
ecas is an online service to check application status that does not require you to link the application like gckey does. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2

aor2 is acknowledgment of receipt 2, when a new line in the applicants ecas appears that says "we started processing your app on xxx date". this indicates the visa office has opened and starting working on the residency application.
Thanks, so do i get a message for the ECAS that I need to login or I can do it anytime after linking my account?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks, so do i get a message for the ECAS that I need to login or I can do it anytime after linking my account?
It's unrelated to linking your account. It's a completely separate tool.

All you need is a bit of information like file number or client ID as well as some other personal info like last name, place of birth, birthday.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
It's unrelated to linking your account. It's a completely separate tool.

All you need is a bit of information like file number or client ID as well as some other personal info like last name, place of birth, birthday.
oh, thanks. I think I am seeing my status there.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I thought these were two separate things. Probably because in the tracking spreadsheet, there are 2 separate columns for "ECAS PA Status In Process" and "AOR2 received". I thought AOR2 was an actual email you received letting you know that your app was being transferred.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I thought these were two separate things. Probably because in the tracking spreadsheet, there are 2 separate columns for "ECAS PA Status In Process" and "AOR2 received". I thought AOR2 was an actual email you received letting you know that your app was being transferred.
When you get in process on applicant's ecas it means it's been sent to the vo.

when you get aor2 it means they are working on the file.

so yes, there are 2 separate things :)

we got an email regarding the transfer once ecas went to in procress. "we sent your app to london vo for further processing etc etc". we have not heard anything since we got aor2 (the additional line in ecas, which was 5m ago).

Reactions: KBH

Nabil_TO

Aug 25, 2017
I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything to upload. I called CIC this afternoon and they advised there was no action required on my file and that it was most probably a system glitch. So I would like to think that my navigation skills are not that bad after all.
Raza, sorry, didn't mean for that to sound rude, I just meant to make yourself familiar with navigating the site. I hope you got an update on your file. Good luck!!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
When you get in process on applicant's ecas it means it's been sent to the vo.

when you get aor2 it means they are working on the file.

so yes, there are 2 separate things :)

we got an email regarding the transfer once ecas went to in procress. "we sent your app to london vo for further processing etc etc". we have not heard anything since we got aor2 (the additional line in ecas, which was 5m ago).
Got it! So one is when it's sent, and the other is when they actually open and start to process it.

jugni88

Jul 20, 2017
My husband cleared his medical but still haven't received the Schedule A form from CIC. Does anyone know how long that takes. He did the medical on Sep 29 and the same was posted on our application on Oct 1.