+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Also, I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant, and I linked the app to my account. Is that ok?
Yes, its the easy way to send your application. In my case, as we have the representative who work on our behalf therefore we could not link our application directly.

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
When you link your application online and log in it says that the police certificate should be submitted (along with the Schedule A). If I don't have it yet, should I upload the receipt or just wait until we get the police clearance?
I believe that you should submit police certificate and Schedule A together.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Wanted to ask if sponsor and PA both gets AOR1 Email? And PA has authorised me(sponsor) to act as Representative with use of representative form.

My spouse(P.A) already has an UCI from visitor visa and we linked the app to the PA's mycic account using appln no, last name etc.
If the sponsor is designated as the representative, the sponsor will receive 100% of the email communications. My husband (sponsor) received "my" AOR (inviting me to link), as well as the email intended for him. The sponsor and PA both receive an AOR email (but sometimes it glitches and only one or the other get delivered). In our case, we got mine first and got his the next day.

Reactions: gopr

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Does anyone know how the background check works?
Do I get the fingerprint, mail to FBI with included form..
wait until it's sent back and send it with the CIC form?

coming from California
When you say coming from California, do you mean you are physically located in California? If so, DO NOT do the fingerprints the traditional way like you're saying (sending them off to the FBI). It takes 2-4 months. If you are in the US, you can use an approved third party channeler to get your results immediately. https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/list-of-approved-channelers
I used Fieldprint.

veronicar

Aug 28, 2017
When you say coming from California, do you mean you are physically located in California? If so, DO NOT do the fingerprints the traditional way like you're saying (sending them off to the FBI). It takes 2-4 months. If you are in the US, you can use an approved third party channeler to get your results immediately. https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/list-of-approved-channelers
I used Fieldprint.

Yes, both myself (the sponsor) and my husband (the applicant) live in california. Do we both need to have background checks... or just my husband?
What is the total process for this?

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I used Fieldprint.
Do the third-party channelers really only take a day or two for results? (We applied through the FBI about 2 months ago, but now our deadline is approaching to submit results and we havn't heard anything, so we might have to go this route afterall). I'm worried about just submitting "proof that we have applied for fingerprints" since they say if you miss the deadline your application can be denied.