+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

JScribani

Jun 20, 2017
i have tried 5 times today and couldnt link it up... have been logged out today..
Here's another solution someone posted:

For anyone with August/September AORs who has had difficulty linking their application, I think I figured out the new "trick".

When researching linking issues, the majority of advice tells you to enter a space for city of birth and leave it blank, and simultaneously, not to enter any passport information. Sometime over the past month or two, IRCC adjusted the form so that it no longer permits you to put a blank space for the city of birth. You can only leave it blank if you enter passport information, or vice versa (you can leave passport info blank only if you enter in a city and country of birth). I was getting very frustrated not being able to link my application and also not being able to follow the majority of the linking tips/instructions I was finding.

I successfully linked my account yesterday after 3 days of trying and failing. After sharing this with a couple of other people who were also having issues, it worked for both of them, as well. This leads me to believe that this new method is probably the way to go if you are having problems.

- Choose the "family name and application number" option
- Leave the birth city and birth country BLANK
- Enter in all passport information
- For number of applicants/family members, enter "2" (for sponsor and principal applicant, adjust this number to add children if you have them)

Let me know if this works for any of you who haven't been able to link!

Reactions: linnykez

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I did GCKey, used the UCI/App# option (and copy/pasted those numbers directly from the email), completely skipped the entire middle section with passport info etc and went straight to the last section and filled out the city/province info, put 2 ppl for application (me+sponsor, no dependents). Linked with no issue whatsoever.

Have you looked up any of the other tips and tricks for linking yet? There are many posts and forums about this.
so you skipped the passoport section? maybe i should try that tomorrow. thanks

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
I'm a bit concerned (although maybe I needn't be?), because I haven't received any emails since I received AOR on Sept 15. I have linked my account, uploaded Schedule A (seems to be successful on GCKey), no medical request yet. The following has changed on ECAS, however:

Submitted Outland Aug 5
AOR Sep 15
Linked account Sep 16
Uploaded Schedule A Sep 17
ECAS Sponsor Decision Made Sep 22
ECAS PA In Process Sep 24

My husband (sponsor) did not receive any emails, not for AOR, SA, or anything. I'm the only one who has received any correspondence (I received messages for AOR and to confirm linking of the account). We have the same email address; we created one address to use for all correspondence so we could keep everything in the same place.

Is this normal? I guess I'm worried that perhaps they input his email address wrong? It seems like the VO email goes to sponsor, not PA, so I'm wondering if I've missed something along the way. It seems a bit strange. Or maybe it's normal and I just need someone to tell me that! Any thoughts?
my situation is the same as with you.my husband got an email for AOR i did not get our application received 4.08 AOR my husband got 13.09 still waiting for PC & Sched A requests. The supporter can track the application saying that I'm still in the process ..

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
No I haven't. I thought they usually send email messages whenever they update the process.

Did you guys get emails to send in schedule A and PCC or is it through the mycic profile?
It's through the MyCIC profile. For me, the requests automatically showed up as soon as I linked. It shows up as a message in your account (and you also have to click "view this application" to view where to upload them) and any time you get a message in your account, you get an email notification letting you know there's a new message. If you click "view this application" and there's a spot where you can upload Schedule A and PPC, that means they've been requested.

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
What if someone does not manage to connect and can not read their messages so complicated that I have raised my hands.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
What if someone does not manage to connect and can not read their messages so complicated that I have raised my hands.
It's okay if you aren't able to connect your account. I know they send out the email stating you have to link in 7 days or it will delay your application or whatever, but I've read dozens of posts on this forum stating that's false. You can link any time, and if not, you will just receive all correspondence via email instead of in your messages on the MyCIC account.

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
today the husband will go to immigration in his city just to ask them what is happening with that connection he managed to look at the status of the application I have not yet got to send PC & SchedA can not open it just me screaming.

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Any one whose application received on 18-8-2017 .. got AOR??
Mine was received on August 17th at CPC in Mississauga as per Canada Post. No word on AOR from them as yet.I did see a small percentage around our dates get AOR's. I believe it depends on the person who gets your file. If he/she's quick, we're lucky. If not, we wait.