Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
(Sponsor + Applicant) = Number of Applicants =2 + (add +1 per dependents)
Yeah o.k - but again my question is that who said that you add the sponsor into that equation. It says numbers of applicant... and nowhere says add up the sponsor. As matter of fact that number refers back to the IMM008 which is again 1 the spouse + dependents and not spouse+ dependents + sponsor. Something is really wrong there, either with the IRCC platform or we are not doing it right...

Reactions: barnalve

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yeah o.k - but again my question is that who said that you add the sponsor into that equation. It says numbers of applicant... and nowhere says add up the sponsor. As matter of fact that number refers back to the IMM008 which is again 1 the spouse + dependents and not spouse+ dependents + sponsor. Something is really wrong there, either with the IRCC platform or we are not doing it right...
The CIC said it...
"If you are applying for family sponsorship, enter the number of family members, including the primary applicant, the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable) that are part of your application."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
Hello balkan17.... Did you Received AOR1 yet...?
I'm still not waiting, my process needs to be completed in Vienna. My husband and children are Canadian citizens, I need a visa, I hope it will be fast. The squad got the AOR on Thursday and I am waiting for further instructions, they were sent immediately for Vienna not to report only to Vienna .. I am waiting

A380

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Though I did not get aor1 yet, I tried to link my application too. And I was thinking the same way. Adding sponsor as an applicant number 2 does not make any sense. Something is wrong here.

A380

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
August 2nd applicant, still waiting for AOR... this is the fourth time I've submitted my application (it has been returned three times). First time was a mistake on my part, second and third time were CIC mistakes in sending back. If I don't get AOR this time I may just hurl myself off a cliff. Every day I don't get that email I just want to cry. :(
Can you tell us why they returned your app 3 times? What kind of mistakes were there?

Reactions: faithey

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Though I did not get aor1 yet, I tried to link my application too. And I was thinking the same way. Adding sponsor as an applicant number 2 does not make any sense. Something is wrong here.
The CIC said it...
"If you are applying for family sponsorship, enter the number of family members, including the primary applicant, the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable) that are part of your application."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

:oops:

barnalve

Aug 14, 2017
Spouse +Sponsor+No of Dependants which have Applied with You in File For PR)

barnalve

Aug 14, 2017
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?
Are you using OLD Application Kit....?

kanor24

Aug 1, 2017
Congrats......
follow this instruction below I also had trouble linking my application but then I saw a post by barnalve with this instruction.

Use PA's Account
Permanent Resident --> Family Class (Spouses)
Choose = Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date
Enter PA's Family Name, Given Name, Birth Date (I copy pasted Family and Given Names from the application file - not sure if that made any difference)
DO NOT put anything for city and country of birth (leave it BLANK)
Enter accurate Passport Information as it is on you application (I copy pasted the Passport Number - not sure if that made any difference)
Enter Province and City where PA intends to live (Enter as it is in your application)
Marital Status = Married
# of applicants = 2 (PA + Sponsor)

Hopefully, it will work...
I tried to link our file to mycic using what seem to work for many and I couldn't link it. Rechecked all the info from our app and even copied and pasted from application and still would not work.

Is it too early to link since it's only been a day and it's the weekend to link?

Help!

Reactions: barnalve